What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

CCHelp

9 hours ago, Deck boy Dave said:

I received a down grade offer...LOL

I am currently booked in an aft Haven suite (H6) and one of my upgrade offers was a 300$ per person min bid for a Haven Spa suite (H9) 

In other words I could bid at least 600$ more for a room I could have had for 600$ less than what I paid if I chose it in the first place.

Sorry I am not really adding to this thread I just found this funny 😊

That's unusual. You aren't supposed to be able to bid on categories below your own when booked in the Haven already.

Just some data ...

I'm booked on Breakaway 1/6/19   11 day Western Carib which departs in 17 days. I am booked on IF sailaway rate with cabin not assigned yet...  I've been sporadically tracking ALL avail cabins in certain/specific categories on a certain website that lists ALL cabins.  3 days ago inside cabin I1 category had 44 avail. cabins at $799 pp.   Today, all those cabins are removed/hidden/allocated or something.  Thoughts? 

Higher categories still show many, many cabins avail (ie:  BB = 44  BA = 61  H5 = 12  M9=17   close to 190 balcony cabins avail).  FYI for anyone monitoring price drops, the # of cabins avail in many of the categories I'm tracking is substantially unchanged for over 2 months on what is known to be a very slow/soft week in the cruise & travel industry.  Pricing has held at almost exact same amount with only variance being the amount of perks in a promotion which always is extended past deadline on this cruise.  Today is the first I've noticed a price drop in a few categories (coinciding with the removal of the 5 or 6 perks "free" with high cabins)... and the price drop on average is $100 pp.  (for example:  BA was $1459 pp is now $1379 pp with fewer perks.   H5 was $3999 pp now $3899 pp with fewer perks).  I'm not making a specific point.... just putting info out there for people curious about how much to expect a cabin to drop if booking outright and/or if attempting to use pricing as an indicator on bidding for upgrades.

46 minutes ago, AllAmericanAmy said:

Just some data ...

I'm booked on Breakaway 1/6/19   11 day Western Carib which departs in 17 days. I am booked on IF sailaway rate with cabin not assigned yet...  I've been sporadically tracking ALL avail cabins in certain/specific categories on a certain website that lists ALL cabins.  3 days ago inside cabin I1 category had 44 avail. cabins at $799 pp.   Today, all those cabins are removed/hidden/allocated or something.  Thoughts? 

Higher categories still show many, many cabins avail (ie:  BB = 44  BA = 61  H5 = 12  M9=17   close to 190 balcony cabins avail).  FYI for anyone monitoring price drops, the # of cabins avail in many of the categories I'm tracking is substantially unchanged for over 2 months on what is known to be a very slow/soft week in the cruise & travel industry.  Pricing has held at almost exact same amount with only variance being the amount of perks in a promotion which always is extended past deadline on this cruise.  Today is the first I've noticed a price drop in a few categories (coinciding with the removal of the 5 or 6 perks "free" with high cabins)... and the price drop on average is $100 pp.  (for example:  BA was $1459 pp is now $1379 pp with fewer perks.   H5 was $3999 pp now $3899 pp with fewer perks).  I'm not making a specific point.... just putting info out there for people curious about how much to expect a cabin to drop if booking outright and/or if attempting to use pricing as an indicator on bidding for upgrades.

Been watching the 1/17 Breakaway Sailing... and regarding your observation of all inside cabins no longer available.

At least 3x in the last 3 weeks, Intermittently inside, ocean view - have gone from many available to "Guaranteed Room" Only... then in 1-2 days, back to you being able to choose rooms.... after it goes back to allowing you to choose, the same or roughly the same quantity is available. 

Not sure  why specific rooms selection seems to be blocked certain days, but watch for your cruise to show them available again - as others have pointed out upgrades often happen from haven/suites on down - though with a slow cruise week it is always possible if they have an excessive amount of higher category rooms they could do some lower tiers first as well.

I'm also watching this cruise (Breakaway 1/6/19) We upgraded to an OC guarantee a month or so ago and it was just assigned an O1 yesterday. I had hoped that the removal of that option would mean that maybe we'd be upgraded to a balcony. No dice! We paid $749 on the 20% off to latitudes members fare and got 3 perks. BX is now $699. The minimum bids we have access to are jumping all over the place, minimum on balcony varying from $25-50 ea. There are about 500 cabins booked as interior or ocean view and by the time 40 or so balcony cabins upgrade to the available spots above them, there could be around 240 balcony cabins for those lower category passengers to bid on. 

15 hours ago, bbnjcruiser said:

Has anyone ever gotten an accepted offer to move from H4 to H2? If so what did you bid?

I've gone from Balcony BA to H2. I bid a small bit over the minimum ($1550). It's seriously all a game, and no rhyme or reason as to why they accept certain offers.

I am currently waiting to get an answer about my current bids from my H5 Cabin to either H4, H3 or H2. We shall see, I sail on the Escape December 28th. 

Fingers Crossed. 

1 minute ago, romalley99 said:

I've gone from Balcony BA to H2. I bid a small bit over the minimum ($1550). It's seriously all a game, and no rhyme or reason as to why they accept certain offers.

I am currently waiting to get an answer about my current bids from my H5 Cabin to either H4, H3 or H2. We shall see, I sail on the Escape December 28th. 

Fingers Crossed. 

If your in a H5 -- you will have better luck than me, I'm in a B2, hoping for a H4, would settle for H7 but would love a H4. I'ma family of 4, so I won't be getting the H5 if you get upgraded.

At the end, I'm happy to be just cruising!

3 minutes ago, xcell said:

If your in a H5 -- you will have better luck than me, I'm in a B2, hoping for a H4, would settle for H7 but would love a H4. I'ma family of 4, so I won't be getting the H5 if you get upgraded.

At the end, I'm happy to be just cruising!

Keep an open mind. Like I said above, I was in a BA and got my close to minimum BA-H2 bid accepted. This was on the Gem, which came with a private hot tub on the balcony too...... Was certainly NOT expecting that, but boy was it a treat! Wishing you luck! 

I had to contact NCL because the credit card I had on file to cover my bid was stolen. When I went to look at my bids, they had moved from poor to fair. I moved the slider and all the minimums had dropped. I lowered my bids. However, NCL had me cancel my bids to remove the card I had cancelled. I had to start the bid process over with my new card and all the minimums were back to the original starting prices. It seemed odd.

When on the bid page several of us have noticed when loading or reloading the page the bid range jumps up and down.  It seems there is something broken with the site.  I would disregard the page when it shows a lower than "normal" bid range.  Sailing on Breakaway Jan. 27 for 11 day cruise.  Have bids in for H4 and H5.

Edited by davencl

6 hours ago, Chuckabobo said:

Been watching the 1/17 Breakaway Sailing... and regarding your observation of all inside cabins no longer available.

At least 3x in the last 3 weeks, Intermittently inside, ocean view - have gone from many available to "Guaranteed Room" Only... then in 1-2 days, back to you being able to choose rooms.... after it goes back to allowing you to choose, the same or roughly the same quantity is available. 

Not sure  why specific rooms selection seems to be blocked certain days, but watch for your cruise to show them available again - as others have pointed out upgrades often happen from haven/suites on down - though with a slow cruise week it is always possible if they have an excessive amount of higher category rooms they could do some lower tiers first as well.

Strange games they play with our minds!   :classic_wink:   It's probably just to keep us guessing! 

I have scanned the thread looking for any posts on the 12/23 Pearl. The website says only Insides available. I bid to move from an Inside to an Oceanview, but so far not accepted. I did not bid on the balcony offer.

Has anyone posted of an upgrade on this sailing?

Got our upgrade!

Sailing: Escape 9 day 12/28 (New Year's Cruise)

# Sailing: 3 

Original room: Haven Courtyard Penthouse (H5) 

Upgraded room: Haven 2 Bedroom Family Villa (H4)

Upgrade bid: $665p/p (Bid Started at $500p/p)

Upgrade date: 12/20

Declined bids:

- Haven Deluxe Owners Suite (H2): $1200 (started at $750) 

- Haven Owners Suite (H3) $950 (started at $750)

Edited by romalley99
  • Like 1

Just got our upgrade email from NCL for our 3/10 Getaway Western Carib cruise. Here are my bids:

$450 for H9 Spa

$500 for H7 Forward

$500 for H5 Courtyard

We are currently in a mini-suite midship cabin on deck 11. If we don't get it, we will be ok with our current location.

Wish us luck....

21 minutes ago, xcell said:

I f all the rooms are sold out (more or less) why is the upgrade banner still up?

Possibly still rooms being allocated / rearranged.  It's all rather weird IMHO...  on my 1/6/19 sailing the inside cabins disappeared for approx 24 hrs, only to find out it's because they were assigning them to those of us that booked guarantee/sail-away cabins.  I've now been assigned my cabin # ---- not as pertaining to any upgrade I've bid on, just my original booking.

What I find interesting is that there are NO inside cabins listed as bookable by specific cabin #- only guarantee status available. BUT they have dropped the price of the inside cabin to $429 pp from $539 pp 2 days ago.  lol   Talk about a deal - for a 11 night cruise!

They must have also allocated a lot of guarantee balcony cabins too- one category I was watching had 60+ cabins, today it has 37.

My point being... who knows what they do and why they do it.  I'm just quite sure THEY know what they're doing!

Good news, bad news - Jan 6, 2019 Escape: West Carib 14 days out of NYC:

Bid for Spa Balcony expired (was never out of the Poor range, but was close to Fair at times)

Bid for Balcony upgrade - processing as of yesterday afternoon, then, "upgraded" - on the URL link for "Modify Your ..." and confirmed by logging into MyNCL dot com to check, banner/pop-up had disappeared.  But early evening, new stateroom assigned, upgraded to a "BB" Deck 13 Midship, Port side, ahead of forward elevators/stairs ... official email arrived a short while later, last night, lastly, charges posted to CC.   Very good for 2 of us (original sleep up to 4) going to a balcony that sleep up to 4, the extra sofa & fresh air always welcomed but not a "must".  

Santa came a bit early to deliver this early - 17 days to sailing, 15 days to the "cutoff" for accepting or "unable to ..."   (not really predicting myself that we would get this, nice, GTY assigned upgrade until around the New Year)

At beginning of this week, inventory still show total # of balconies in the triple digits - good news for anyone booked & bidding from Insides and/or Oceanviews to upgrade.  Checked this morning, # of available balconies are still very "substantial" still more than double digits.  Count for Family oceanviews, sold out earlier in the week, went up by 1 this morning to 11.  

About a week+ ago, someone else on the Roll Call reported getting upgrade to a mini-suite.  Hmmm, I think we probably "overpaid" & could've lowered our bid for a balcony GT - would wait till everyone is closer to the sailing for getting the "poor" bids accepted.  Best "Solo" deal now for new booking is for a SailAway Balcony, all things considered, unless the "freebies" are important.  To avoid "bumping" up the bids for many others, few if any Haven bids accepted yet (as posted and/or shared on Roll Call) - going to withhold the $ amount we bidded, each sailing-ship-itinerary is unique & different, IMHO.  Good luck to everyone else pending, including those on next Friday's Florida/Bahamas Escap saiing.  

Edited by mking8288
  • Like 1