What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

CCHelp

On 12/19/2018 at 10:03 PM, Nola26 said:

I have scanned the thread looking for any posts on the 12/23 Pearl. The website says only Insides available. I bid to move from an Inside to an Oceanview, but so far not accepted. I did not bid on the balcony offer.

Has anyone posted of an upgrade on this sailing?

Got my rejection email today, $30pp bid, min was $25.

Now focused on Bliss 2/23 Inside to Balcony or Spa Balcony. 

16 hours ago, AllAmericanAmy said:

Possibly still rooms being allocated / rearranged.  It's all rather weird IMHO...  on my 1/6/19 sailing the inside cabins disappeared for approx 24 hrs, only to find out it's because they were assigning them to those of us that booked guarantee/sail-away cabins.  I've now been assigned my cabin # ---- not as pertaining to any upgrade I've bid on, just my original booking.

What I find interesting is that there are NO inside cabins listed as bookable by specific cabin #- only guarantee status available. BUT they have dropped the price of the inside cabin to $429 pp from $539 pp 2 days ago.  lol   Talk about a deal - for a 11 night cruise!

They must have also allocated a lot of guarantee balcony cabins too- one category I was watching had 60+ cabins, today it has 37.

My point being... who knows what they do and why they do it.  I'm just quite sure THEY know what they're doing!

How did you determine that there were 60+ cabins and then 37? Where do you get that info?

45 minutes ago, IrieBajan54 said:

How did you determine that there were 60+ cabins and then 37? Where do you get that info?

If you Google "cabin availability revelex", you'll find a discussion about Cabin Availability. The advice is to search on sites that use Revelex. This will show a more complete inventory beyond the 15 cabins NCL displays if you do a mock booking. 

Edited by spacedaisy
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, IrieBajan54 said:

did you figure it out from the hints you were given?   lol    It took me quite a while to get it (as earlier posts show!)... I was using Internet Explorer and wasn't seeing the hints clearly... switched to Firefox and it was immediately obvious.

3 hours ago, KDCXO82 said:

What website?

3 hours ago, Tw in OR said:

Its available on a cruise consolidater site.

Tw in OR nailed it!   look back at their post for the BOLD HINT. 

Happy cruising all...

27 minutes ago, AllAmericanAmy said:

did you figure it out from the hints you were given?   lol    It took me quite a while to get it (as earlier posts show!)... I was using Internet Explorer and wasn't seeing the hints clearly... switched to Firefox and it was immediately obvious.

Tw in OR nailed it!   look back at their post for the BOLD HINT. 

Happy cruising all...

Bwahaha, yeah, I think my internet explorer wasn't showing the hint correctly. I got it now. Thanks! 

22 hours ago, xcell said:

I f all the rooms are sold out (more or less) why is the upgrade banner still up?

Because=- "sold out"  is only NOW.   Inventory constantly changes.   Cancellations can and do happen.     It isn't "over"  until 48 hours prior.     Even then it isn't "over"  until day of sailing.    I've picked up cruises,  day prior to sailing-   when nothing was available the entire week prior.   

2 hours ago, AllAmericanAmy said:

did you figure it out from the hints you were given?   lol   

Must admit I did not pick up the bolded hint. However, using spacedaisy's suggestion, I found it. Always yearned to see more than the standard 15 cabins. The current cruise that I am holding out for has very limited inventory and it matches NCL. However, in a late Spring offering, I was able to see more than 30 cabins in the category I prefer. Revelex sites are a good find.

Edited by IrieBajan54
punctuation

9 hours ago, mking8288 said:

new stateroom assigned, upgraded to a "BB" Deck 13 Midship, Port side, ahead of forward elevators/stairs ... official email arrived a short while later, last night, lastly, charges posted to CC. 

Congratulations!   Mind sharing how much was the bid that got you upgraded?  I appreciate the detailed info in your posting, btw. 

22 hours ago, mking8288 said:

Good news, bad news - Jan 6, 2019 Escape: West Carib 14 days out of NYC:

Bid for Spa Balcony expired (was never out of the Poor range, but was close to Fair at times)

Bid for Balcony upgrade - processing as of yesterday afternoon, then, "upgraded" - on the URL link for "Modify Your ..." and confirmed by logging into MyNCL dot com to check, banner/pop-up had disappeared.  But early evening, new stateroom assigned, upgraded to a "BB" Deck 13 Midship, Port side, ahead of forward elevators/stairs ... official email arrived a short while later, last night, lastly, charges posted to CC.   Very good for 2 of us (original sleep up to 4) going to a balcony that sleep up to 4, the extra sofa & fresh air always welcomed but not a "must".  

Santa came a bit early to deliver this early - 17 days to sailing, 15 days to the "cutoff" for accepting or "unable to ..."   (not really predicting myself that we would get this, nice, GTY assigned upgrade until around the New Year)

At beginning of this week, inventory still show total # of balconies in the triple digits - good news for anyone booked & bidding from Insides and/or Oceanviews to upgrade.  Checked this morning, # of available balconies are still very "substantial" still more than double digits.  Count for Family oceanviews, sold out earlier in the week, went up by 1 this morning to 11.  

About a week+ ago, someone else on the Roll Call reported getting upgrade to a mini-suite.  Hmmm, I think we probably "overpaid" & could've lowered our bid for a balcony GT - would wait till everyone is closer to the sailing for getting the "poor" bids accepted.  Best "Solo" deal now for new booking is for a SailAway Balcony, all things considered, unless the "freebies" are important.  To avoid "bumping" up the bids for many others, few if any Haven bids accepted yet (as posted and/or shared on Roll Call) - going to withhold the $ amount we bidded, each sailing-ship-itinerary is unique & different, IMHO.  Good luck to everyone else pending, including those on next Friday's Florida/Bahamas Escap saiing.  

Congrats MKing!  Have a great trip - 14 days wow.  How will your work survive without you?

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Stlcardsfan79 said:

Question: I was just looking at my trip summary for my 1/17/19 cruise on Breakaway NOLA, my room number is the same but instead of IA it says OX. We originally booked in an inside cabin. I have put in bids for upgrades. 

Someone just said on another site that all the rooms are now showing OX 

On 12/21/2018 at 9:58 PM, AllAmericanAmy said:

Congratulations!   Mind sharing how much was the bid that got you upgraded?  I appreciate the detailed info in your posting, btw. 

Hang tight, patient - I see you are on the BA sailing the same day as us out of N.O. and prices beginning to slide for new, last-minute booking.  That's typically a good sign with what you have in mind.  Please re-read my post earlier about what to bid ... let's try not to help "boost" NCL's revenue on these GTY upgrade.  Revealing what worked for us isn't necessary going to help you but could result in "bumping" others on "our" Roll Call as it's likely someone will increase the successful bid $ by X + $10 or $20 ... or $100 (especially if it's Haven)  Don't count on NCL accepting & processing until next week or 3 to 5 days out from the sailing/cutoff, as long as you are bidding more than the minimum - stick close to the Fair/Poor "zone" - odds should be good/reasonable.  Oceanviews are not bad at all on the BA, we sailed the ship 4X when NY was homeport to her, I recommend putting an "insurance" bid for it, just in case for those 11 days.   Our track record has been pretty good thus far on 5 or 6 different sailings, on a winning streak - for something to upgrade into.  

14 hours ago, dexddd said:

Congrats MKing!  Have a great trip - 14 days wow.  How will your work survive without you?

Thanks - moving forward, we can now do last-minute & longer cruises, even B2B if the stars aligned with prices/deal, LOL.  No longer need to submit vacation request & wait for approval @ beginning of the calendar year, etc.  Looked like we aren't going to an expandeable 22" rollerboard this time but nice to do a mid-winter getaway ... weather has been mild.  

Folks on the Roll Call are biting nails waiting for news on their pending upgrade, really shocked (luckily, didn't cost that much) to get ours, ahead of the curves ... More details later about it.  On this run, going to be a "Limited-Live" blog, I think.  

On 12/23/2018 at 12:56 AM, mking8288 said:

Hang tight, patient - I see you are on the BA sailing the same day as us out of N.O. and prices beginning to slide for new, last-minute booking.  That's typically a good sign with what you have in mind.  Please re-read my post earlier about what to bid ... let's try not to help "boost" NCL's revenue on these GTY upgrade.  Revealing what worked for us isn't necessary going to help you but could result in "bumping" others on "our" Roll Call as it's likely someone will increase the successful bid $ by X + $10 or $20 ... or $100 (especially if it's Haven)  Don't count on NCL accepting & processing until next week or 3 to 5 days out from the sailing/cutoff, as long as you are bidding more than the minimum - stick close to the Fair/Poor "zone" - odds should be good/reasonable.  Oceanviews are not bad at all on the BA, we sailed the ship 4X when NY was homeport to her, I recommend putting an "insurance" bid for it, just in case for those 11 days.   Our track record has been pretty good thus far on 5 or 6 different sailings, on a winning streak - for something to upgrade into.  

Thanks - moving forward, we can now do last-minute & longer cruises, even B2B if the stars aligned with prices/deal, LOL.  No longer need to submit vacation request & wait for approval @ beginning of the calendar year, etc.  Looked like we aren't going to an expandeable 22" rollerboard this time but nice to do a mid-winter getaway ... weather has been mild.  

Folks on the Roll Call are biting nails waiting for news on their pending upgrade, really shocked (luckily, didn't cost that much) to get ours, ahead of the curves ... More details later about it.  On this run, going to be a "Limited-Live" blog, I think.  

Yeah, take it easy and enjoy.  We'll all be here still being our usual selves here in CC land.

Edited by dexddd
  • Thanks 1

Is this typical? Bid ranges seem odd…

I am booked in a spa mini-suite (M9) for the Feb 3 sailing on the Getaway at $1,499 pp.  I’ve been tracking my upgrade offers and bid ranges weekly for the past six weeks, and they have not changed even after a $400 pp price drop on H9 two weeks ago.  My bid ranges seem odd to me in that the suggested ranges are more expensive than purchasing the cabin outright and the lower-level suites (H5 through H9) are more expensive to bid that higher-level suites (H2 through H4).

The minimum bid the system will allow me to make for H9, H7, H6 and H5 are all the same at $800, with the same max bid of $2,750.  The bid ranges for H4, H3 and H2 are all the same at $400 minimum to a max of $3,000.

This is what I see on the suggested minimum bid for each range for an upgrade to H9 / Spa Suite (my target). Only one H9 was booked when I last checked:

Bottom of Poor range = $800 pp (lowest bid the system will let me make).

Bottom of Fair range = $1,150 pp.  The $1,150 bid plus $1,499 current cabin would be about equal to current purchase price of the H9 of $2,699 pp.

Bottom of Good range = $1,580 pp.  The $1,580 bid plus $1,499 current cabin would be $380 pp higher than outright purchase of H9.

Bottom of Strong range = $1,800 pp.  The $1,800 bid plus $1,499 current cabin would be $600 pp higher than outright purchase of H9.

Bottom of Excellent range = $2,000 pp.  The $2,000 bid plus $1,499 current cabin would be $800 pp higher than outright purchase of H9.

Seems silly that NCL would waste time/energy to float upgrade bid offers that cost more than purchasing a cabin outright. Maybe they are telling me they would prefer if I didn’t bid at all?

Thoughts?

On 12/23/2018 at 1:56 AM, mking8288 said:

LOL! I ruined my manicure with all the 😁biting!

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, mikegw2 said:

Is this typical? Bid ranges seem odd…

I am booked in a spa mini-suite (M9) for the Feb 3 sailing on the Getaway at $1,499 pp.  I’ve been tracking my upgrade offers and bid ranges weekly for the past six weeks, and they have not changed even after a $400 pp price drop on H9 two weeks ago.  My bid ranges seem odd to me in that the suggested ranges are more expensive than purchasing the cabin outright and the lower-level suites (H5 through H9) are more expensive to bid that higher-level suites (H2 through H4).

The minimum bid the system will allow me to make for H9, H7, H6 and H5 are all the same at $800, with the same max bid of $2,750.  The bid ranges for H4, H3 and H2 are all the same at $400 minimum to a max of $3,000.

This is what I see on the suggested minimum bid for each range for an upgrade to H9 / Spa Suite (my target). Only one H9 was booked when I last checked:

Bottom of Poor range = $800 pp (lowest bid the system will let me make).

Bottom of Fair range = $1,150 pp.  The $1,150 bid plus $1,499 current cabin would be about equal to current purchase price of the H9 of $2,699 pp.

Bottom of Good range = $1,580 pp.  The $1,580 bid plus $1,499 current cabin would be $380 pp higher than outright purchase of H9.

Bottom of Strong range = $1,800 pp.  The $1,800 bid plus $1,499 current cabin would be $600 pp higher than outright purchase of H9.

Bottom of Excellent range = $2,000 pp.  The $2,000 bid plus $1,499 current cabin would be $800 pp higher than outright purchase of H9.

Seems silly that NCL would waste time/energy to float upgrade bid offers that cost more than purchasing a cabin outright. Maybe they are telling me they would prefer if I didn’t bid at all?

Thoughts?

We have definitely seen bid ranges go above what it would cost to upgrade directly in the past. Bid ranges often don't adjust with price adjustments, so if prices drop, the ranges stay the same. Also, people don't all pay the same for their initial cabin, so the difference between direct upgrade and bidding may not be the same for everyone. Finally, this is exactly why it is ALWAYS a good idea to check and monitor prices before and after bidding. If someone wants to pay more through bidding than paying for a direct upgrade, NCL will HAPPILY take their money!

Someone posted on FB that she was so surprised when she got her request to bid that the highest amount to go from an oceanview to a minisuite was only $450pp. on the Sun to SA.  We also are on the Sun to SA but a different date.  I said the highest bid for us to go from IA inside to balcony was also $450pp.  She then replied her bid for a balcony's highest amount was only $350pp.  So I guess it all depends on the sailing, cabin category and possible what you spent for it.

Just got the upgrade notice, woohoo!  😁

BD to H9 Haven Spa Suite

Getaway, 12/30/19

Got a similar upgrade last New Year's on the Escape to an H5 Haven Courtyard.  Had to bid a little higher this year, but it is still a STEAL compared to holiday cruise pricing (bid was in low good range).  After sailing Haven last year we were SPOILED so very happy to be enjoying all the amenities again this year as well.  Good luck to others who are waiting, I was SURE we didn't get it this time as availability for everything vanished yesterday.  Hope those waiting are happily surprised as well!

Edited by Ella2
  • Like 1