What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

CCHelp

1 hour ago, Ella2 said:

Just got the upgrade notice, woohoo!  😁

BD to H9 Haven Spa Suite

Getaway, 12/30/19

Got a similar upgrade last New Year's on the Escape to an H5 Haven Courtyard.  Had to bid a little higher this year, but it is still a STEAL compared to holiday cruise pricing (bid was in low good range).  After sailing Haven last year we were SPOILED so very happy to be enjoying all the amenities again this year as well.  Good luck to others who are waiting, I was SURE we didn't get it this time as availability for everything vanished yesterday.  Hope those waiting are happily surprised as well!

Congrats! What was your bid and what was the minimum? Thanks in advance!

I honestly forget what the minimum was but think it was $250.  Maximum was $2,000.  Our bid was in the low good range...last year I was in the first bid barely in good, but upped it slightly this time (don't want to say the exact amount as it is SO subjective, and your mileage may vary).  Overall total price paid for H9 was more than $2,500 LESS than asking price if booked direct, as of a couple of days ago, so it's definitely a win for us.

On ‎7‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 3:04 PM, JamieLogical said:

Yes. It's highly unlikely bids have been processed already, so bidding should still be open. Bids usually aren't processed until, at minimum, one week prior to sailing and sometimes they actually cut the 48 hours out pretty close. My bid on my last cruise was processed about 50 hours prior to sailing?

Where would I find information on this "bid process"? I did receive an email but I'm really not understanding how it works.

We are booked in an inside currently 4 in the cabin. Our offers say Balcony from $50 pp Ocean View from $25 pp.

Offers are based on dbl occupancy and only 1st and 2nd passenger will be charged. So if I'm understanding correctly, if I bid $100 to upgrade and I won I would be charged $200???

Thank you for your time.

2 minutes ago, luv2cruise523 said:

Where would I find information on this "bid process"? I did receive an email but I'm really not understanding how it works.

We are booked in an inside currently 4 in the cabin. Our offers say Balcony from $50 pp Ocean View from $25 pp.

Offers are based on dbl occupancy and only 1st and 2nd passenger will be charged. So if I'm understanding correctly, if I bid $100 to upgrade and I won I would be charged $200???

Thank you for your time.

Yep, if you bid $100 pp and win, you will pay $200, even if you have four people in your cabin (or if you only have one person, for that matter), since all upgrades are charged on double-occupancy.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

Yep, if you bid $100 pp and win, you will pay $200, even if you have four people in your cabin (or if you only have one person, for that matter), since all upgrades are charged on double-occupancy.

I have two options the balcony and the OV can I bid on both?

7 minutes ago, luv2cruise523 said:

I have two options the balcony and the OV can I bid on both?

Yes. You can bid on all the options that are listed for you to bid on. As understand things, options are based on a 2 category bump. For instance, if you book and inside, you are eligible to bid on Ocean View and Balcony. Ocean view bookings would get you balcony and and mini suite etc... 

• Like 1

Anyone else seeing this?  I am 21 days out and the upgrade page is now not listed in the pages that is on my NCL.com site.  It was this morning, but now is not.  Just trying to see where it might have gone.  It was listed in the big box of 4 things (beverage plan, excursions, beverage package and the upgrade).  The upgrade option is now not there.  I had bid on 3 different categories.

1 hour ago, oracer said:

Anyone else seeing this?  I am 21 days out and the upgrade page is now not listed in the pages that is on my NCL.com site.  It was this morning, but now is not.  Just trying to see where it might have gone.  It was listed in the big box of 4 things (beverage plan, excursions, beverage package and the upgrade).  The upgrade option is now not there.  I had bid on 3 different categories.

Yes sometimes it disappear, if you check your messages there should be one there about upgrading, click  on it and it will let you check out your bids and change them if you want. 

Yes, I have the emails in my normal google account, so I went in there and it is still where my bids are at.  I even used that to up one of them by $5 to see that it would work which it did (got a new email of my new bid).   Just wish that I knew why it left the banner page area and hope it comes back.  

1 hour ago, oracer said:

Yes, I have the emails in my normal google account, so I went in there and it is still where my bids are at.  I even used that to up one of them by $5 to see that it would work which it did (got a new email of my new bid).   Just wish that I knew why it left the banner page area and hope it comes back.  

I wouldn't worry about it disappearing as it has also happened to me and many others. Next time you go in to your account it might be there. Good luck with your bidding. 

1 hour ago, oracer said:

The banner page comes and goes ALL the time.  Don't stress about it.  I always accessed my bids from the email confirmation page.  I was certain that my bids were not going to be accepted as all staterooms showed as gone the day BEFORE we got the notice on the Haven upgrade.  But thankfully, I got the bid acceptance yesterday...three days before sailing.  Whether the banner page is there or not doesn't matter, as long as you can access and adjust your bids as you please, all is good.

I have bid on the upgrades for my 2/2 sailing. Never got a confirmation email. I also adjusted my bids last week and still no email. I can still see my bids as pending I’m just unsure being that I didn’t get a confirmation of bid email. Just the invite originally to upgrade. 

The waiting, guessing, watching, and adjusting bids has been fun and nerve racking. Have 39 more days till the 48 hour notice and I am ready to find out. February 7th seems a long way off while waiting to see if bids are accepted.

Anyone else adjust them up and down daily? LOL

4 hours ago, CRUELLA1114 said:

I have bid on the upgrades for my 2/2 sailing. Never got a confirmation email. I also adjusted my bids last week and still no email. I can still see my bids as pending I’m just unsure being that I didn’t get a confirmation of bid email. Just the invite originally to upgrade. 

You may want to check your spam folder, if you have one.  Or try a different email address.  They definitely send email notices each time you adjust or add a bid...I should know, I have a whole BUNCH of those emails, LOL, especially as I was adjusting bids during the crunch time.  You will want them to have quick access to bidding if the upgrade banner disappears, as it does often.  And even more important, whatever email you are using is the one they will send the notice to if your bid is ACCEPTED...so you definitely want to be sure that your email is correct.  Good luck!

4 hours ago, TMG2014 said:

The waiting, guessing, watching, and adjusting bids has been fun and nerve racking. Have 39 more days till the 48 hour notice and I am ready to find out. February 7th seems a long way off while waiting to see if bids are accepted.

Anyone else adjust them up and down daily? LOL

Oh heck YEAH, I did that, LOL!  I literally watched availability in the Haven change by the second in the last few days before our bid was accepted.  (I'm a TA so can access the TA side of the booking engine).  I adjusted bids accordingly. Honestly, I probably overbid by slightly too much, but when I saw NO availability in the Haven four days out, I upped a couple of categories slightly...and lo and behold, the next day got the acceptance from a BD to an H9.

Were they just psyching me out and trying to get me to bid more?  😜  I have no idea, but I'm just glad to be back in the Haven again for this New Year's cruise.  It's worth every penny.  Good luck to you!

3 hours ago, Ella2 said:

Oh heck YEAH, I did that, LOL!  I literally watched availability in the Haven change by the second in the last few days before our bid was accepted.  (I'm a TA so can access the TA side of the booking engine).  I adjusted bids accordingly. Honestly, I probably overbid by slightly too much, but when I saw NO availability in the Haven four days out, I upped a couple of categories slightly...and lo and behold, the next day got the acceptance from a BD to an H9.

Were they just psyching me out and trying to get me to bid more?  😜  I have no idea, but I'm just glad to be back in the Haven again for this New Year's cruise.  It's worth every penny.  Good luck to you!

I have a question for you, since you are a TA:

If one's TA is covering their gratuities (pre paid gratuity). Then an upsell bid comes and client bids for an upsell to the Haven. Suppose the bid gets accepted. Will the TA cover the difference in gratuities or is that the client's responsibility? And if it is then how is that handled?

Also whats up in this case where the Upsell invite comes only via a forwarded email from the TA. The client can only bid, cancel, modify and gets confirmation on their own email for every bid placed, modified or cancelled. Does this mean that NCL will need the TA's approval if they are accepting the bids?

Does the TA have a say in whether NCL should or should not accept the client's bid because then they (the TA) may have to cover the difference in pre paid gratuity?

Further, No banners ever appeared when logged into NCL account. No up sell emails there either.
I would appreciate your insight.

Edited by Arzeena

We put in a bid and are currently waiting for the results. We are trying to move from an inside cabin to a balcony cabin. 

So we already prepaid our gratuities and we were wondering if we would have to pay more money for gratuities if we got upgraded.

37 minutes ago, Jcdcruise said:

We put in a bid and are currently waiting for the results. We are trying to move from an inside cabin to a balcony cabin. 

So we already prepaid our gratuities and we were wondering if we would have to pay more money for gratuities if we got upgraded.

No they are talking about haven, inside to balcony is the same gratuities.  The answer for the guy upgrading to haven is no you don't have to pay the difference.

51 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

I have a question for you, since you are a TA:

If one's TA is covering their gratuities (pre paid gratuity). Then an upsell bid comes and client bids for an upsell to the Haven. Suppose the bid gets accepted. Will the TA cover the difference in gratuities or is that the client's responsibility? And if it is then how is that handled?

Also whats up in this case where the Upsell invite comes only via a forwarded email from the TA. The client can only bid, cancel, modify and gets confirmation on their own email for every bid placed, modified or cancelled. Does this mean that NCL will need the TA's approval if they are accepting the bids?

Does the TA have a say in whether NCL should or should not accept the client's bid because then they (the TA) may have to cover the difference in pre paid gratuity?

Further, No banners ever appeared when logged into NCL account. No up sell emails there either.
I would appreciate your insight.

If the TA has added the prepaid gratuities and they are paid in full before the upgrade offer comes into play...it's all good.  I prepaid my own gratuities with final payment, knowing that upgrade offers typically come very close to the sailing date.  By doing so, you have locked in that gratuity level, and you do NOT have to pay the higher Haven gratuities.  Of course, tip the butler, concierge, and any additional to the room steward as you see fit.  

As for the bids...NO, you do not need the TA's approval at all.  We are not involved in the process other than to say as an agency that we want clients to be part of the Upgrade Advantage program.  At 80 days prior to sailing, you should get the email about the upgrade bidding.  At that point, it's all your call on what you do.

And again...we have absolutely NO say in the bid acceptance.  I wish, LOL!  It's all NCL's process.  

Are you 80 days or less prior to sailing?  That is when the upgrade offers come.  Some agencies do not opt in to the upgrade bidding process, although I have no idea why they do not.  I love when clients are able to take advantage of the opportunity to experience either a better stateroom or the Haven!

Hope that helps to answer your questions!

• Thanks 1