Jump to content
CC Help Michell

What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

Recommended Posts

This thread has been very helpful! We are sailing on the Bliss 1/26, we are booked into an M9 Spa Mini-Suite and bid to upgrade to H9 (Haven Spa Suite) or H5 (Haven Courtyard). As of today the NCL site lists cruise as sold out with exception of inside rooms, a couple days ago there was availability in all categories except Spa and Haven.  They could be assigning all the Sail Away GTY rooms, Haven has shown sold out for a while, but there is always a chance. I'll keep you updated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 1/17 Breakaway 10 day sailing. (Leaving on a Thursday)

10 days early on 1/7 - many in our cruise group received lower category upgrades from inside/ocean-view to balcony rooms.

6 days early on 1/11 - All or most of the haven /suite/spa upgrades happened for our group, with soon to follower other lower category upgrades again.

Upgrades happened between 1pm-4pm in both cases. Bids going from pending to processing, with the rest expired.

In my case after seeing processing, soon after the bid page went away entirely saying "Not Authorized to bid" But an hour later both credit card were charged and email came through confirming the bid.

About 30 minutes later then my NCL Summary page showed my new room number and E-Docs and Luggage tags were also updated.

Had been watching the previous 2 sailings of this ship, and the upgrades in those case happened 3 and 4 days out, we got the 6 day out upgrade - may be that our sailing was on a thursday and the others were sat/sun sailings that allowed for a bit earlier announcement for us who knows.

Our upgrade was from BB Balcony -> H9 Haven Spa Balcony - bid in lower to mid poor range - very excited to experience first time in Haven 🙂

2nd time on norwegian, first time we had opportunity to bid. Ship is mostly full though not quite sold out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chuckabobo said:

On 1/17 Breakaway 10 day sailing. (Leaving on a Thursday)

10 days early on 1/7 - many in our cruise group received lower category upgrades from inside/ocean-view to balcony rooms.

6 days early on 1/11 - All or most of the haven /suite/spa upgrades happened for our group, with soon to follower other lower category upgrades again.

Upgrades happened between 1pm-4pm in both cases. Bids going from pending to processing, with the rest expired.

In my case after seeing processing, soon after the bid page went away entirely saying "Not Authorized to bid" But an hour later both credit card were charged and email came through confirming the bid.

About 30 minutes later then my NCL Summary page showed my new room number and E-Docs and Luggage tags were also updated.

Had been watching the previous 2 sailings of this ship, and the upgrades in those case happened 3 and 4 days out, we got the 6 day out upgrade - may be that our sailing was on a thursday and the others were sat/sun sailings that allowed for a bit earlier announcement for us who knows.

Our upgrade was from BB Balcony -> H9 Haven Spa Balcony - bid in lower to mid poor range - very excited to experience first time in Haven 🙂

2nd time on norwegian, first time we had opportunity to bid. Ship is mostly full though not quite sold out.

We are sailing in Feb (about 3 plus weeks from now) and have moved from almost the bottom of poor to fair on our bid. I don't know if that is good or bad, but have my fingers crossed 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Chuckabobo said:

On 1/17 Breakaway 10 day sailing. (Leaving on a Thursday)

10 days early on 1/7 - many in our cruise group received lower category upgrades from inside/ocean-view to balcony rooms.

6 days early on 1/11 - All or most of the haven /suite/spa upgrades happened for our group, with soon to follower other lower category upgrades again.

Upgrades happened between 1pm-4pm in both cases. Bids going from pending to processing, with the rest expired.

In my case after seeing processing, soon after the bid page went away entirely saying "Not Authorized to bid" But an hour later both credit card were charged and email came through confirming the bid.

About 30 minutes later then my NCL Summary page showed my new room number and E-Docs and Luggage tags were also updated.

Had been watching the previous 2 sailings of this ship, and the upgrades in those case happened 3 and 4 days out, we got the 6 day out upgrade - may be that our sailing was on a thursday and the others were sat/sun sailings that allowed for a bit earlier announcement for us who knows.

Our upgrade was from BB Balcony -> H9 Haven Spa Balcony - bid in lower to mid poor range - very excited to experience first time in Haven 🙂

2nd time on norwegian, first time we had opportunity to bid. Ship is mostly full though not quite sold out.

Can you share your bid amount?  I'm on the 1/27 Breakaway sailing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, davencl said:

Can you share your bid amount?  I'm on the 1/27 Breakaway sailing.

 

We are on Breakaway 1/17(10 day cruise), got upgraded from BA to H5 for just over $1000 per person. Got BA to H5 on Escape two years ago (7 day cruise) for $875 per person so I'm very happy with what we bid. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, QueenOfZoom said:

 

We are on Breakaway 1/17(10 day cruise), got upgraded from BA to H5 for just over $1000 per person. Got BA to H5 on Escape two years ago (7 day cruise) for $875 per person so I'm very happy with what we bid. 

 

Thanks that's very helpful. I'll post my result next week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, davencl said:

Thanks that's very helpful. I'll post my result next week.

Good luck! With Escape we heard at 4 days out, this time it was 6.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We're sailing on the Bliss in March. I put offers on every single Haven category room. I'm guessing none of them will hit since the Haven is showing completely sold-out for our sailing date, but figured it's worth a shot :classic_biggrin: .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Never mind - I found it. I also checked to book a cruise from scratch and saw that some of the offers we were given to bid on were sold out. So, I put in a bid on one that is still available. Fingers crossed! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Gunner22aa said:

Has anyone on the 20 Jan sailing of the Escape out of NYC heard anything on their offer yet?

 

There are a few on the FB page for that sailing that got their bids. There are also a few still waiting to hear. I talked to my TA yesterday, because my mom was going to join the sailing and the TA said the ship was 100% booked. It's going to be crowded but amazing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

our cruise is also sold out, but that doesn't seem to affect upgrades for some reason What I have noticed the larger ships seem to have more upgrade honored than the mid sized or smaller ships. I guess that makes some sense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've seen a lot of messages about the 1/17 Breakaway, but has anybody already gotten upgrades for the 1/17 Dawn sailing?  It's showing as sold out in all categories except inside when I checked this morning.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Gunner22aa said:

Has anyone on the 20 Jan sailing of the Escape out of NYC heard anything on their offer yet?

 

Just found out our bid was accepted this afternoon for this sailing.  So excited!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, nosaints43 said:

Just found out our bid was accepted this afternoon for this sailing.  So excited!!

 

Congrats! Care to share the details of what room type you upgraded from/to and what you bid?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

 

Congrats! Care to share the details of what room type you upgraded from/to and what you bid?

MC (?) mini-suite with balcony.  Going to H7 Haven forward facing penthouse.  $2000/pp (excellent range). 10 floor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, b94race said:

Never mind - I found it. I also checked to book a cruise from scratch and saw that some of the offers we were given to bid on were sold out. So, I put in a bid on one that is still available. Fingers crossed! 

Bid anyway, when people are upgraded it creates vacancies in other categories.

 

I was on the Escape last year, there were only two rooms left on the entire ship, they were havens.  When they processed the bids 2 suites moved up to haven, 2 balconies moved up to suites and we moved up to a balcony from an oceanview.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/12/2019 at 8:04 PM, EllieinNJ said:

I too, never got an offer to bid on my Feb. 2019 sailing.  I called the old upsell # 1-800-625-4309 and after 24 hours got the e-mail to bid.  Now the banner sporadically comes up on MYNCL.

Thank you, EllieinNJ, so much for the information.  I call the number this morning, they looked at our booking for the Bliss, March 30 Panama Canal Cruise, and said there seemed to be a technical issue why we didn't get the offer to bid, and they would look into it. Our original booking is a spa mini-suite.   Within 2 hours, we received the e-mail to bid.  So pleased we at least have the opportunity.  Now, we just need LUCK!

Edited by Zellchat
entered date of cruise

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎1‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 11:19 AM, JamieLogical said:

 

Have you checked to see if you have the banner when you log into My NCL? Or the messages in your Message Center in My NCL? Sometimes people don't receive an email. I haven't heard of anyone booking through NCL and/or CAS and not getting a chance to bid. There was a stretch there where people in Spa rooms couldn't bid, but I believe that's been resolved.

Curious - when you log in do you automatically get the page "Lets get you Upgraded" ?

If you look to the right or left margin there are the arrows moving the page 1 -2 -3 -4 frames over to new promos ads etc.

So supposing you last left the screen with take all 5 or 6 perks is that the one that appears the next time you log in ?

This could explain why one is not seeing the Upgrade page - the need to turn the page so to speak.

This unless the default screen is the Upgrade page.

 

Badly needed a USER MANUAL to NCL bidding upgrading 101 !  LOL ! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, nosaints43 said:

MC (?) mini-suite with balcony.  Going to H7 Haven forward facing penthouse.  $2000/pp (excellent range). 10 floor

Nosaints43 - congrats on winning the bid, but why did you offer so much to get it? Were they the last suites left in the Haven? I am in a midships mini-suite with balcony and have offered $700/pp for courtyard and spa suite Haven and it is the lower half of the FAIR range. Not much has sold in the Haven for 3/10 cruise, so hope to win that one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Zellchat said:

Thank you, EllieinNJ, so much for the information.  I call the number this morning, they looked at our booking for the Bliss, March 30 Panama Canal Cruise, and said there seemed to be a technical issue why we didn't get the offer to bid, and they would look into it. Our original booking is a spa mini-suite.   Within 2 hours, we received the e-mail to bid.  So pleased we at least have the opportunity.  Now, we just need LUCK!

My pleasure.  Please let us know if you win your bid.  I still have to wait 2+ weeks to learn my results.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, FPJC03 said:

Nosaints43 - congrats on winning the bid, but why did you offer so much to get it? Were they the last suites left in the Haven? I am in a midships mini-suite with balcony and have offered $700/pp for courtyard and spa suite Haven and it is the lower half of the FAIR range. Not much has sold in the Haven for 3/10 cruise, so hope to win that one.

Because we wanted a Haven room!  We still are paying considerably less than if we had booked the Haven directly!  So excited!!

Edited by nosaints43

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My wife and I were on the Dawn's 14 day Caribbean in Oct/Nov 2018. I bid on three upgrades and received emails on all three two days before we set sail advising that all three were declined. At 2:00 pm the day before we set sail I received a call. Caller ID did not show any name but  a very long number starting with the letter "V". I usually let nomorobo answer these for me but for some reason I answered it. It was NCL saying they had a last minute cancellation and asked If I still wanted it. Went from a balcony to an aft facing Penthouse with large balcony, butler and concierge. Makes me wonder how many people didn't answer their phone before it got to me! Sailing again on the Gem next October. We'll try again since we're now spoiled...no going back!

Edited by olszewskirs
Addition

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Q&A with Daniel Skjeldam, CEO Hurtigruten
      • Win a 7-Night Romantic Danube Luxury River Cruise with AmaWaterways
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Community Contests
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×