What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

CCHelp

1/27 Getaway sailing.  Just got email, went from aft balcony (CAS booking) to Haven Courtyard.  Bid was in poor range.  So happy!  Would have been ok with the aft, but DH loves the Haven (as do I) and we were hoping it would be accepted.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Pappion said:

1/27 Getaway sailing.  Just got email, went from aft balcony (CAS booking) to Haven Courtyard.  Bid was in poor range.  So happy!  Would have been ok with the aft, but DH loves the Haven (as do I) and we were hoping it would be accepted.

We got upgraded from the spa balcony to haven courtyard as well today for the same sailing!!! We were in the poor/fair range. So excited for our first cruise in the Haven!! 

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Jvlas13 said:

We got upgraded from the spa balcony to haven courtyard as well today for the same sailing!!! We were in the poor/fair range. So excited for our first cruise in the Haven!! 

This is our first time staying in the Haven courtyard.  Both our other Haven cabins have been Spa.   See you next week!

We are on the 1/27 Getaway which we just brooked on January 11th.  We booked a mini suite for the four of us (kids 10 and 12). This was our first time being offered to Bid.  We stayed in a Haven Aft Balcony that we booked in 2017 on the Breakaway of of NYC.  We did not know this existed.  When I booked our mini suite it cost $4500 (Canadian) including the UBP, UDP, Shore credit and internet.

We got the bid offer the next day after booking.  The min bit on an aft haven was $1k pp.  I bid $1125 pp and upped it to $1220 this afternoon.  The Min bid on a 2 bedroom Haven was $1330 (or at least that was the min option presented to me).  I bid $1330.  So both bid were poor.    Yesterday there appeared to be one deluxe haven (small balcony), 3 aft balconies and about 14 2 bdrms left in the Haven.  This afternoon, three more courtyard penthouses appeared.  About an hour after i upped my aft balcony offer by a "smidge" that our bid on the Aft Haven offer I got the email that our minimum bid on the 2 bedroom haven was accepted.    So our total was $7,200 Canadian for the 2bdrm.  I did a mock booking at it would be $9895 to book it so $2,659.00 discount was pretty good in my book .  Our one week aft haven on the breakaway in 2017 was about $9k CAN if I recall.

I think this is kind of a unique idea.  If I was booking an off peak time in the future I would almost certainly do this again and pick a mini that we would be happy with and then bid. 

I hope that is of assistance to folks.

Cheers from Barrie.

Mark

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, crash3x said:

No I am going on the NLC Bliss in February

If you don't mind me asking, What type of room  did you move from and to? And which sailing on bliss? Im on February 2nd with several bids in. I was waiting for someone to post they have won an upgrade on this sailing. Thanks ! And congrats!

10 hours ago, Ahays00 said:

If you don't mind me asking, What type of room  did you move from and to? And which sailing on bliss? Im on February 2nd with several bids in. I was waiting for someone to post they have won an upgrade on this sailing. Thanks ! And congrats!

I was in Oceanview on deck 5 that was all that was available when I booked other than inside cabins...I bid on 2 categories  balcony and spa balcony...I got a balcony on deck 11.    My sailing is the 23rd.  

1 hour ago, crash3x said:

I was in Oceanview on deck 5 that was all that was available when I booked other than inside cabins...I bid on 2 categories  balcony and spa balcony...I got a balcony on deck 11.    My sailing is the 23rd.  

Crash 3x...do mean NCL Bliss on the 26th? I'm on that trip and am waiting on hear on upgrades. If you are on the 26th, it's at least good to know they've started working through them.

2 hours ago, crash3x said:

No 23rd of Feb

I am also on Breakaway 1/27.  None of my bids have been accepted.  Starting in inside, bidding on ocean view, balcony, spa balcony.  I bid more for same rooms others got, but my initial price for the room was less than those whose upgrade bid was accepted.

On 1/18/2019 at 6:12 PM, Bulldogsoc said:

We are on the 1/27 Getaway which we just brooked on January 11th.  We booked a mini suite for the four of us (kids 10 and 12). This was our first time being offered to Bid.  We stayed in a Haven Aft Balcony that we booked in 2017 on the Breakaway of of NYC.  We did not know this existed.  When I booked our mini suite it cost $4500 (Canadian) including the UBP, UDP, Shore credit and internet.

We got the bid offer the next day after booking.  The min bit on an aft haven was $1k pp.  I bid $1125 pp and upped it to $1220 this afternoon.  The Min bid on a 2 bedroom Haven was $1330 (or at least that was the min option presented to me).  I bid $1330.  So both bid were poor.    Yesterday there appeared to be one deluxe haven (small balcony), 3 aft balconies and about 14 2 bdrms left in the Haven.  This afternoon, three more courtyard penthouses appeared.  About an hour after i upped my aft balcony offer by a "smidge" that our bid on the Aft Haven offer I got the email that our minimum bid on the 2 bedroom haven was accepted.    So our total was $7,200 Canadian for the 2bdrm.  I did a mock booking at it would be $9895 to book it so $2,659.00 discount was pretty good in my book .  Our one week aft haven on the breakaway in 2017 was about $9k CAN if I recall.

I think this is kind of a unique idea.  If I was booking an off peak time in the future I would almost certainly do this again and pick a mini that we would be happy with and then bid. 

I hope that is of assistance to folks.

Cheers from Barrie.

Mark

Hello ‘neighbour’. Congratulations on your upgrade. We’re on 2/3 Escape out of NYC. Booked a sail away balcony; hoping for a Haven upgrade. That would be amazing!  However, we’re happy with the cabin they gave us too. Enjoy your cruise. 

Linda & Ritchie 

Hello Linda and Ritchie

We sailed out of NYC on the Breakaway in an Aft Haven in March of 2017.  It was our first ever cruise and it was amazing.  So cool to be out in gloves and winter jackets for the departure, only to wake up the next morning and be fine in a shirt and shorts on the balcony the next day.  Fortunately or unfortunately doing the Haven on your first cruise is like going to a 5 star resort on your first trip to the Caribbean... it is hard to go back.  That said our regular balcony and inside cabin on the Carnival Spendor the next year was our favourite (and half the price!).  Now that I know how this bidding works, I will simply book balconies and mini's that I would be satisfied with and then bid on the Haven moving forward.  The potential savings are just too good.  

Good luck.  Man it is a cold day here just north of Barrie off Horseshoe Valley road.  Sunny but bone chilling.  I am sure it is just as cold in Wasaga.  I will cross my fingers for yah!  

Cheers from just down the road.

Mark

46 minutes ago, Bulldogsoc said:

Hello Linda and Ritchie

We sailed out of NYC on the Breakaway in an Aft Haven in March of 2017.  It was our first ever cruise and it was amazing.  So cool to be out in gloves and winter jackets for the departure, only to wake up the next morning and be fine in a shirt and shorts on the balcony the next day.  Fortunately or unfortunately doing the Haven on your first cruise is like going to a 5 star resort on your first trip to the Caribbean... it is hard to go back.  That said our regular balcony and inside cabin on the Carnival Spendor the next year was our favourite (and half the price!).  Now that I know how this bidding works, I will simply book balconies and mini's that I would be satisfied with and then bid on the Haven moving forward.  The potential savings are just too good.  

Good luck.  Man it is a cold day here just north of Barrie off Horseshoe Valley road.  Sunny but bone chilling.  I am sure it is just as cold in Wasaga.  I will cross my fingers for yah!  

Cheers from just down the road.

Mark

Yeah, thanks for that man. We’ll be driving down to NJ in less than 2 weeks; hope the weather co-operates. I wouldn’t mind being spoiled in a 5 star hotel 😂. Best of luck on your va-ca. 

Linda & Ritchie 

Hi everyone, 

We are taking our first cruise as a family on the Epic departing on March 7th. We are currently in a family mini suite. I received the email to bid for an upgrade recently. I am showing the Haven H2(from $600)and Haven H4(from $400). Can anyone give me some guidance on it it's worth it to try for one of them? There are 4 of us in the room, 2 kids and 2 adults. 

Thank you for any help this is all new for us! 

8 hours ago, Jasonmom said:

I am also on Breakaway 1/27.  None of my bids have been accepted.  Starting in inside, bidding on ocean view, balcony, spa balcony.  I bid more for same rooms others got, but my initial price for the room was less than those whose upgrade bid was accepted.

We are also on the Breakaway on the 27th, exact same situation, we got our upgrade last Sunday, Balcony.  Hope yours goes through, Good Luck.

17 hours ago, Sup_Devil said:

Hi everyone, 

We are taking our first cruise as a family on the Epic departing on March 7th. We are currently in a family mini suite. I received the email to bid for an upgrade recently. I am showing the Haven H2(from $600)and Haven H4(from $400). Can anyone give me some guidance on it it's worth it to try for one of them? There are 4 of us in the room, 2 kids and 2 adults. 

Thank you for any help this is all new for us! 

Since no one else has chimed in....fair disclosure is that I haven't been on the Epic and am only about to take my first cruise in the Haven (on the Breakaway) but...

Checking the room specs on the Epic discloses that either one of those upgrades would be (IMHO) a huge improvement over having 4 of you in a 241 sq ft family mini-suite.  The H4 (Two bedroom Haven Family suite) would give you two bedrooms (one is small for the kids), over 500 sq ft and good service from the Haven.  The H2 (Haven Deluxe Owners Suite with large balcony) is over 850 sq ft doesn't have a second bedroom but certainly has plenty of space and Haven benefits.

Bidding doesn't guarantee you'll get the upgrade but I'd say, again my opinion for what it is worth, it is worth making a bid.  

My own experience is that I've gotten upgraded with a minimum bid and not gotten upgraded with a bid in the "good range".  So the results seem more up to NCL rather than any "crafty" bidding on my part.

Your cruise, I believe, is 4 days from Orlando to the Bahamas and Great Stirrup Cay.  Whatever happens, enjoy your cruise!

MD

2 hours ago, Mike D. said:

Since no one else has chimed in....fair disclosure is that I haven't been on the Epic and am only about to take my first cruise in the Haven (on the Breakaway) but...

Checking the room specs on the Epic discloses that either one of those upgrades would be (IMHO) a huge improvement over having 4 of you in a 241 sq ft family mini-suite.  The H4 (Two bedroom Haven Family suite) would give you two bedrooms (one is small for the kids), over 500 sq ft and good service from the Haven.  The H2 (Haven Deluxe Owners Suite with large balcony) is over 850 sq ft doesn't have a second bedroom but certainly has plenty of space and Haven benefits.

Bidding doesn't guarantee you'll get the upgrade but I'd say, again my opinion for what it is worth, it is worth making a bid.  

My own experience is that I've gotten upgraded with a minimum bid and not gotten upgraded with a bid in the "good range".  So the results seem more up to NCL rather than any "crafty" bidding on my part.

Your cruise, I believe, is 4 days from Orlando to the Bahamas and Great Stirrup Cay.  Whatever happens, enjoy your cruise!

MD

Thanks so much for the input. I agree it looks to be a huge improvement. I'm not even up to speed yet on all the Haven benefits but it appears to be alot. I was actually able to mock book a H4 for the cost of $4800 which is almost double of what we paid. You are correct it's the 4 day cruise, which happens to depart on my birthday! We are excited either way! Thanks again 

9 hours ago, Phaedrus78 said:

Sailing: Epic 1/23

Original Room: Category ID, paid $669/pp

Bid Amounts: Balcony, $225/pp (good)

Spa Balcony, $250/pp (fair)

Mini Suite, $260/pp (good)

Spa Mini Suite, $285/pp (fair)

All bids rejected. 

Is this sailing absolutely full?? So surprising that all were rejected, regardless of bid range.

Has anyone heard anything for the Feb 3rd Getaway sailing? I'm so surprised to not have heard anything. Very undersold, so I was really hoping we'd keep pace with the sailings before us, but they got notifications more in advance. I have no patience!! 🙂