What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

CCHelp

53 minutes ago, mwolever said:

Is this sailing absolutely full?? So surprising that all were rejected, regardless of bid range.

I’m not sure, but I don’t think it was far from it. There were a couple of reports on the Facebook group for the sailing from people who did get accepted but not many. 

Next year I’ll just pay for balcony off the jump. 

20 minutes ago, CONCH65 said:

Is there a certain time of day these upgrades are awarded or is it totally random?

I can only comment on my recent experience for the 1/27 Breakaway.  Most of the Haven upgrades were done during all day Friday 1/18.  At the end of the day they left 3 cabins in those havens not already booked.  On Monday during the day 1 room remains in those rooms.  My upgrade to Haven happened Friday morning. 

6 hours ago, Phaedrus78 said:

I’m not sure, but I don’t think it was far from it. There were a couple of reports on the Facebook group for the sailing from people who did get accepted but not many. 

Next year I’ll just pay for balcony off the jump. 

Just did a mock booking, and it looks like the sailing is almost completely full.  Everything is either a Sail Away or a Guarantee, so can't see how many empty rooms are left.

Still super interesting... have a fabulous trip!

On 1/20/2019 at 9:06 AM, Bulldogsoc said:

<snip>

Fortunately or unfortunately doing the Haven on your first cruise is like going to a 5 star resort on your first trip to the Caribbean... it is hard to go back.  That said our regular balcony and inside cabin on the Carnival Spendor the next year was our favourite (and half the price!).  Now that I know how this bidding works, I will simply book balconies and mini's that I would be satisfied with and then bid on the Haven moving forward.  The potential savings are just too good.  

<snip>

In early '18, as I was booking our usual inside stateroom, the NCL agent offered us a suite upsell (SJ) on the Star.  The price was "almost" too good to turn down, although I "almost" did.  But I bought the deal and it has pretty much ruined me for an inside stateroom.  Looking back over my cruise history, that upsell has "made" me spend lots more money per cruise day than on cruises prior to that fateful day.  The size of the family suite vs. an inside stateroom was a huge plus but, for me, the even more important thing was/is the service.  The "special" meals and special attention probably hooked me more than the stateroom improvement.

So I love your comment of "it is hard to go back".  That is certainly my experience.

MD  

42 minutes ago, Sup_Devil said:

Where do you see the rating of the offer like good, poor etc?? 

If you receive an upgrade email and follow the instructions to bid it will be on the slider you move to select your bid amount. Poor is all the way to the left.

On the Getaway for 3/10 Western Caribbean. All categories are available, over 90% of Haven suites still open. Booked midship mini-suite on deck 11. Bid $600 for spa haven and $700 for courtyard Haven. Both are in upper poor-lower fair range. Hoping to get one of them.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ParrotheadG said:

Has anyone had their bids accepted this week for the 1/27 Getaway?  The last ones I saw accepted were for Haven cabins last week...

My son submitted a pretty high bid for a spa balcony (they have a lot left) but hasn’t heard anything yet.

2/2 Sailing of Bliss.

Booked Oceanview, the regretted it....Original complete total with alcohol and 3 day UDP was $2356. 

Bid $100 pp for balcony and accepted.  So $2660 for Balcony...I am happy.  At the time of booking there was a large disparity between OV a & balcony.  I believe $600 to $700 more.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Sup_Devil said:

Where do you see the rating of the offer like good, poor etc?? 

When checking my bids on my IPhone I couldn't see what range my bid was in, just a bar with a slider to move left or right. But on my iPad there was a half circle with a needle and different colors and it showed what the bid range was i.e. poor, average, excellent...

We are on the Feb. 1st Jade in a suite. I booked our 3 grown kids and their sig. others, inside cabins for Xmas gifts, and if they wanted to upgrade, it was on them. They all got their $150 bids to Balconies on deck 9. The total for their cabins is now under $1500 with bev package and $200 OBC. Seems like a good deal to me.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, jpcdds6 said:

We are on the Feb. 1st Jade in a suite. I booked our 3 grown kids and their sig. others, inside cabins for Xmas gifts, and if they wanted to upgrade, it was on them. They all got their $150 bids to Balconies on deck 9. The total for their cabins is now under $1500 with bev package and $200 OBC. Seems like a good deal to me.

I'm on the same cruise. It can't come soon enough! Congrats on the upgrades!

• Like 2

On the 1/27 19-day Panama Canal cruise on the Gem leaving from LA,  I'm in an inside cabin (traveling solo) and bid $130 for a balcony.  Have not seen any comments from people regarding bids on this cruise.   

About 2 weeks ago it was showing that only suites and minisuites were available.  Balconies all sold out.  Then several later

Is there still a chance for a balcony upgrade?  My bid hasn't actually rejected - it still shows "pending" so I gues I'm still inn the running.  
It's very close to departure time and still no word.

Has anyone been notified one way or another on their balcony bids - accepted or rejected?  Any word at all?

14 minutes ago, Jasonmom said:

I'm wondering if what you originally paid when booking plays into who gets an upgrade?

Also if it could have to do with pre-paying tips?

I am sure it has to do with the original booking price! The more you paid upfront, the lower your bid probably has to be? Well, that's my speculative logic. How do you think pre-paying tips factors in?

5 minutes ago, Melody7 said:

I am sure it has to do with the original booking price! The more you paid upfront, the lower your bid probably has to be? Well, that's my speculative logic. How do you think pre-paying tips factors in?

I don't know.  We just never pre-pay tips.  Doesn't make sense to me.  

8 minutes ago, Melody7 said:

From a money standpoint, how much you paid for your initial booking should make no difference at all, except maybe as a tie breaker. NCL already has your initial payment. In order to maximize profits, they should take the highest bids, regardless of initial payment. If I paid $1000 for my room and bid $250 and someone else paid $1100 for their room and bids $200, my "total" would only be $1250 and their "total" would be $1300, but NCL would be stupid to turn down my $250 and take the other person's $200. They already have the initial $2200 from our original bookings in their pockets.

• Like 1