What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

CCHelp

We are on the Escape 3/10 sailing and we received our upgrade yesterday!!!  We were in a balcony and I placed bids on Haven, Spa (mini suite and balcony), and a mini suite, we won the mini suite (MA), funny thing is, that was my lowest bid! 

2 hours ago, jdro said:

We are on the Escape 3/10 sailing and we received our upgrade yesterday!!!  We were in a balcony and I placed bids on Haven, Spa (mini suite and balcony), and a mini suite, we won the mini suite (MA), funny thing is, that was my lowest bid! 

Congratulations.  Do you mind if I ask what the haven bids were?

MJ

Has anyone ever won a bid when the sailing has disappeared from the NCL webpage? Our cruise in two weeks no longer appears in the NCL search results, so maybe it's sold out?

I'd assume that there's any number of reasons why bids might still be processed: maybe it's not really sold out, maybe the ship is at lifeboat capacity but certain cabins could be unoccupied, maybe there will be cancellations...

Just curious whether anyone has won an upgrade when the sailing isn't displaying anymore. Should I just give up hope and enjoy the cabin I already booked? 🙂

26 minutes ago, dcipjr said:

Has anyone ever won a bid when the sailing has disappeared from the NCL webpage? Our cruise in two weeks no longer appears in the NCL search results, so maybe it's sold out?

I'd assume that there's any number of reasons why bids might still be processed: maybe it's not really sold out, maybe the ship is at lifeboat capacity but certain cabins could be unoccupied, maybe there will be cancellations...

Just curious whether anyone has won an upgrade when the sailing isn't displaying anymore. Should I just give up hope and enjoy the cabin I already booked? 🙂

Which ship are you sailing because they have been having issues with the Epic?

All bids declined for 2/23 Bliss, Poor range

Spa Balcony, Balcony, Oceanview

I should have bid Oceanview from the start. My Mom really wanted balcony, but a window and more room would have been great. We have a great Midship Inside, two decks from Observation Lounge so we'll have plenty of window, just not in the room, lol.

Looking forward to experiencing the ship and my first Specialty, Los Lobos a la carte for first night dinner!

44 minutes ago, Nola26 said:

All bids declined for 2/23 Bliss, Poor range

Spa Balcony, Balcony, Oceanview

I should have bid Oceanview from the start. My Mom really wanted balcony, but a window and more room would have been great. We have a great Midship Inside, two decks from Observation Lounge so we'll have plenty of window, just not in the room, lol.

Looking forward to experiencing the ship and my first Specialty, Los Lobos a la carte for first night dinner!

You’ll love the observation lounge and Los Lobos was our favorite specialty restaurant.

If your bid is declined do they still give you time to bid on a lower category if you had not yet? Let’s say you bid from inside to balcony and it gets declined. Is there still time to bid from inside to ocean view? 

Edited by tallnthensome

11 minutes ago, tallnthensome said:

If your bid is declined do they still give you time to bid on a lower category if you had not yet? Let’s say you bid from inside to balcony and it gets declined. Is there still time to bid from inside to ocean view? 

I don't think they do. I have not heard anyone get rejected less than 2 days before cruise. That is why I bid on everything I would like and am hoping for 1 to come through. 

MJ

10 hours ago, Mjdj1220 said:

Congratulations.  Do you mind if I ask what the haven bids were?

MJ

I do not remember the range my bids were in but they were from $500-$900 pp, the funny thing is is that my lowest bid of $50 pp was accepted for the mini suite, go figure

2 minutes ago, jdro said:

I do not remember the range my bids were in but they were from $500-$900 pp, the funny thing is is that my lowest bid of $50 pp was accepted for the mini suite, go figure

Probably had more of those cabins available.  That is still a great deal for a mini suite.  I put bids in the same range for the Haven but I'm not willing to pay anymore than that to upgrade. I am happy with my current room and it will just be icing on top of an already awesome cake if I get an acceptance tomorrow.  

MJ

8 minutes ago, Mjdj1220 said:

I don't think they do. I have not heard anyone get rejected less than 2 days before cruise. That is why I bid on everything I would like and am hoping for 1 to come through. 

MJ

I would think that there wouldn’t be time at 2 days out as you say. I have read some others have gotten upgrades just under 30 days. I want to win my balcony bid so I didn’t bid on ocean view because I really want to win the balcony first. I would be ok if I lost my balcony and then was still given enough time to bid ocean view. Just not sure when the entire bidding window closes completely .

11 minutes ago, Mjdj1220 said:

Probably had more of those cabins available.  That is still a great deal for a mini suite.  I put bids in the same range for the Haven but I'm not willing to pay anymore than that to upgrade. I am happy with my current room and it will just be icing on top of an already awesome cake if I get an acceptance tomorrow.  

MJ

Good Luck, which ship and when are you sailing?

Jennifer

9 minutes ago, tallnthensome said:

I would think that there wouldn’t be time at 2 days out as you say. I have read some others have gotten upgrades just under 30 days. I want to win my balcony bid so I didn’t bid on ocean view because I really want to win the balcony first. I would be ok if I lost my balcony and then was still given enough time to bid ocean view. Just not sure when the entire bidding window closes completely .

Once rejected you will not get a chance to bid on that ocean view, if you want to bid you should do it now.

People get accepted earlier than 2 days out but not rejected, the rejections go out after the upgrades are issued.

Edited by ziggyuk

3/22 - Jade 10 day Southern Caribbean.  Had Oceanview O2.  Bid $250pp for Balcony.  Got the email today it was accepted and we were assigned a B2.  Probably could have bid less, but it's still lower than what I would have paid back when I booked originally and what the price is for balconies now.  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, tallnthensome said:

No, they ONLY decline 2 days out. You will never get a denial letter before 48 hours. By that point, the bidding game is over. 

Summary: Bid $1250x2 moving from a balcony to an H7 forward-facing penthouse on a 7-day cruise on NCL Breakaway out of New Orleans and won.

NCL Breakaway 7 days out of New Orleans. I was in a very cheap sailaway balcony ($900 solo rate, usually we get charged double for anything but studios). Really wanted Haven to splurge but they were sold out. Then four days before the cruise I checked prices on the site and saw there was a forward-facing penthouse (H7) available for about $6000 for the cabin. I really wanted it so I bid $2500 ($1250 x 2) and got it within a few hours of bidding! 

I suspect I could've gotten it cheaper but I'll never know. So I paid $3400 instead of $6000, and missed out on the perks (like drink package and excursion credit, I still get the butler and haven access and other stuff). But I always decline the drink package as I don't drink and the mandatory gratuities are like $150, and I don't do NCL shore excursions so I wouldn't use that. So I missed out on $150 of internet and $100 of dining.

Probably the cheapest I'll ever see a Haven!

8 minutes ago, rabidstoat said:

Summary: Bid $1250x2 moving from a balcony to an H7 forward-facing penthouse on a 7-day cruise on NCL Breakaway out of New Orleans and won.

NCL Breakaway 7 days out of New Orleans. I was in a very cheap sailaway balcony ($900 solo rate, usually we get charged double for anything but studios). Really wanted Haven to splurge but they were sold out. Then four days before the cruise I checked prices on the site and saw there was a forward-facing penthouse (H7) available for about $6000 for the cabin. I really wanted it so I bid $2500 ($1250 x 2) and got it within a few hours of bidding! 

I suspect I could've gotten it cheaper but I'll never know. So I paid $3400 instead of $6000, and missed out on the perks (like drink package and excursion credit, I still get the butler and haven access and other stuff). But I always decline the drink package as I don't drink and the mandatory gratuities are like $150, and I don't do NCL shore excursions so I wouldn't use that. So I missed out on $150 of internet and $100 of dining.

! I 

Congrats! So you lose the unlimited beverage package if you upgrade is accepted to haven?? I am bidding on it for our 3/7 epic cruise but don't want to lose that, it's a birthday celebration! 

27 minutes ago, rabidstoat said:

Thank you for posting.  I think I am on the same cruise.  I saw that cabin become available as well.  Since I really wanted a Spa Haven room, I did not bid on it.  And I cancelled by bid on the Spa Haven room, to know exactly how much I had to spend on other extras that needed to be booked.  Looks like you bid dead on to me.  I was in the poor range before I cancelled the bid and was pretty sure it would not get accepted; since I liked the balcony cabin location I had I just cancelled the bid and spent the money on other things.  You however will be living the "Haven" life, congratulations!

3 hours ago, rabidstoat said:

Wow, within a few hours of bidding? When is your sailing? 

Congrats!