What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

CCHelp

4 minutes ago, Murgs said:

Thanks for you comment Rockfish but my calculations show that that the first three cruises following the refit are the 4th 11th and 18th of May and all three are now less than 80 days

Ask in the roll calls

22 hours ago, travelingirl70 said:

Just got my upgrade email for the Getaway on 3/10!!  Upgraded from an aft balcony to Haven Penthouse.  

Did  you get upgraded to a Haven Aft Penthouse or where you moved to a side Haven cabin?  We are on an Alaskan cruise in May, and have an Aft balcony.  I only want an Aft Haven balcony and will only bid on that.  I don't want to bid on the Haven Aft and then get moved to another Haven cabin on the side.

1 hour ago, GINNY L said:

Did  you get upgraded to a Haven Aft Penthouse or where you moved to a side Haven cabin?  We are on an Alaskan cruise in May, and have an Aft balcony.  I only want an Aft Haven balcony and will only bid on that.  I don't want to bid on the Haven Aft and then get moved to another Haven cabin on the side.

So only bid on the Haven Aft balcony. Just don't bid on anything else and they won't move you to anything else

Edited by huntersh2

3 hours ago, GINNY L said:

I did not get Haven Aft Penthouse.  I suspect for an Alaska cruise that one would be very hard to get.  I bid $1500 pp ($3k total) and did not get it.  So I did give up my non-Haven Aft Balcony for a Haven side balcony.  All in all it was a good upgrade for me.  There is also a large group on our ship (not quite a charter but I think they will take over lots of the ship) so I wanted to escape to the Haven.  I love an Aft but for this cruise, my sanity was worth it.  Plus, with the Haven areas, the large private balcony may not feel as important.

Aft balconies go fast on Alaska itineraries.  Congrats on getting one.  As I said above I think an upgrade to an Aft Haven is going to be a long shot.  But, if that's all you want, just bid on that category.  For example, I did not want a Haven Forward Facing cabin so I didn't bid on that.  I placed bids on Haven Spa, Haven Penthouse, Haven Aft, as well as the owners suites.  I knew I would be happy in any of those.

20 hours ago, Sm81 said:

Has anyone heard their upgrade bid was successful/processed on Breakaway, March 17th, 2019?

I have not but I called today to just pay direct to to balcony to mini suite and was told they are sold out? I find this odd since there were 15 plus last night at 10 pm... 

4 minutes ago, x2tpd said:

I have not but I called today to just pay direct to to balcony to mini suite and was told they are sold out? I find this odd since there were 15 plus last night at 10 pm... 

I noticed that today on the mini suites, too. I called a while back to possibly just pay for an upgrade and they told me that category was sold out, but did tell me there were a few of those rooms reserved for the bidding process. I’m not sure if that’s correct information or not, though.

2 minutes ago, Sm81 said:

I noticed that today on the mini suites, too. I called a while back to possibly just pay for an upgrade and they told me that category was sold out, but did tell me there were a few of those rooms reserved for the bidding process. I’m not sure if that’s correct information or not, though.

Guess we will find out... good luck to you ..

8 minutes ago, StrikeZ said:

I’m about 72 hours out.  I expect my min bids will not get me an upgrade.  I spent a lot of time at sea in my Coast Guard career and a normal balcony room is like a huge luxury.

Good luck to you especially for all your service for us

On 3/5/2019 at 1:18 PM, JamieLogical said:

You should get the email about 24 hours after booking. If you don't receive the email, be sure to check My NCL for the banner ad on the main page or a message in your Message Center.

Thanks very much.  The email came almost exactly 48 hours after I booked.  Now just crossing my fingers.

Quick question

I got my bid upgrade option today.

I have  mid ship mini suite booked.  One option is the spa mini suite.  I have all ready purchased one thermal spa pass for the cruise.  If i win would I be able to cancel my spa pass that I purchased?  Not sure how all the timing would work out.

Thank you

I'm sure this has already been answered, but I looked back and didn't see it anywhere.

If your bid is successful and you go from a balcony to a Haven, do you get all the Haven perks, or are there some things you lose because you first purchased a balcony.  I hope I explained this right....

Thanks!

36 minutes ago, Booman14 said:

I'm sure this has already been answered, but I looked back and didn't see it anywhere.

If your bid is successful and you go from a balcony to a Haven, do you get all the Haven perks, or are there some things you lose because you first purchased a balcony.  I hope I explained this right....

Thanks!

You do not get any of the Haven perks with respect to the ultimate beverage package or dining package etc (unless when you booked the balcony you had this perk), you take whatever perks you received upon original booking.  You get to to use the haven facilities and all that like the special restaurant and what not. 

Edited by amindu

40 minutes ago, Booman14 said:

Thanks!

Yes, you would get all the Haven Perks. They only thing you would not get is any Booking Perks that are currently being offered to people booking in the Haven. You would keep what ever original Booking Perks you received when you booked your balcony. Other then that you would be just like any other Haven quest.

Edited by Chris_2448

1 hour ago, bskmom said:

Quick question

I got my bid upgrade option today.

I have  mid ship mini suite booked.  One option is the spa mini suite.  I have all ready purchased one thermal spa pass for the cruise.  If i win would I be able to cancel my spa pass that I purchased?  Not sure how all the timing would work out.

Thank you

Yes. If you are upgraded you can just cancel your SPA pass and you would get a refund.

2 minutes ago, Chris_2448 said:

Yes. If you are upgraded you can just cancel your SPA pass and you would get a refund.

thank you Chris  might bid on haven spa suite or one of the other suites 

I wouldnt want to pay for a thermal pass if it was part of the room perk

So we are 3 days out from sailing on the Pearl. I received an email a couple of hours ago as we won our bid from an inside cabin to a family oceanview picture window cabin for $100 each. I was hoping for a balcony but this cruise is very, very close to being sold out completely. 

Has anyone tried to add passengers to a booking after winning an upgrade?  Say, to a 2BR or a GV?  I appreciate there's usually very little time between an upgrade notification and the sailing, but I didn't see anything in the T&C's or FAQs about this specifically and would like to know if anyone has succeeded (or tried and failed) to do this.

1 hour ago, havenfan said:

Has anyone tried to add passengers to a booking after winning an upgrade?  Say, to a 2BR or a GV?  I appreciate there's usually very little time between an upgrade notification and the sailing, but I didn't see anything in the T&C's or FAQs about this specifically and would like to know if anyone has succeeded (or tried and failed) to do this.

Would be very shocked if they allow this. Probably some maritime law against it. But curious. Let us know 

1 hour ago, huntersh2 said:

Would be very shocked if they allow this. Probably some maritime law against it. But curious. Let us know 

There is a time period of a few days before sailing where you can add a passenger or switch one with someone else, but I'm not sure how long. Maybe 4 days? There's a possibility that even then you can't add another one because the ship may be at maximum capacity. 

Hey all! New here but I’ve been following awhile. Bid about a month ago on the Norwegian Getaway out of Miami March 10 (SO SOON!). Haven’t heard anything yet so I assume we didn’t get the upgrade. It’s about two days away. No biggie. Was worth a try!