What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

CCHelp

Sailing 4/13 on Star. Booked IF was assigned an ID. Bid 180pp barely in fair range for balcony right on 80 day mark. Credit card charged today and new confirmation received. Assigned B1 AFT BALCONY!!! So excited!! Also sailing 4/20 hope my answer is just as early.  

• Like 1

When people get a chance to bid on Joy upgrades, it will be interesting to see how the Concierge class comes into play.  Will the two Category upgrades restrict balconies to bidding on MiniSuite and Concierge?  Or will they also get to bid on Haven?

Edited by Sand and Seas

3 hours ago, Sm81 said:

I got my denial email also for Breakaway 3-17-2019 at 1:43pm.

I bid $1000 per person for Haven aft from balcony (BA) category.

We got denied 2 of 3 offers and haven’t heard on the other so .... 

We got our denials about 2:15 this afternoon.  Sailing Sunday (3/17) on the Pearl. Bid mid to upper poor range so we didn’t expect to get upgraded but we’re happy with the ocean view anyway. Cruise disappeared from the site weeks ago so I guess it really was sold out. Ready for serious R and R!

4 minutes ago, bubblesnh said:

Hi, We are sailing on the Bliss on April 21st. We just sent in some upgrade bids. One at Strong and 2 at mid Fair range and one at Poor. All for upgrade from mini suite to Haven. Do they always take til 2 days before to confirm or deny you?

I've read that this is the case most of the time as NCL pushes to the last minute to get full price. However, I've read about upgrades around ten days or so out as well. We are on the Bliss 15 day Panama Canal coming up March 30th and no one in our roll call has received an upgrade bid yet. 

On 3/16/2019 at 5:56 PM, bubblesnh said:

How do you find out how many cabins are left on a particular sailing?

Do a Mock  buy on. 3rd party site like Cruise 411 or even on NCL site. Just open up and try to buy another room like you were a regular old customer trying to buy a room. Look in the category you are curious about and see how many rooms are left in that category. 

Hi everyone... First of all, thanks for all the great information on here. Today we received our upgrade to the Haven on the March 24th sailing on the Norwegian Getaway.

How we got there... I booked this cruise about 6 weeks ago. Started off with balcony guarantee, sail away rate with no perks. Cost was 1825.00 total for the 2 of us. Then a few days later mini suite balcony dropped to the same price and we were upgraded, same exact price. Our travel agent also told me i could apply 2 next cruise certificates and that brought it down to 1325. So 1575 total when including the 250 for the next cruise certificates.

This particular cruise had a lot of rooms available in every category right down the line, including the Haven. When i started the bidding process there was 15 Haven spa, 14 Courtyard penthouse and 12 two bedroom villas available. 

Seemed like a pretty good chance to possibly get the Haven experience. This will be our 4th cruise with Norwegian. 

I played around with the bids quite often but these were my final numbers as of this morning when 1 of my 3 bids was accepted.

Haven spa                       850 pp   (knocked it up from 800 pp last night)

Courtyard penthouse    750 pp   ( knocked it down from 780 pp last night)

2 bedroom villa              1000 pp

This morning i noticed that i no longer had the upgrade page available so i went to an old email and the first thing that pops up was Haven spa, expired. Then the other categories are listed and i see a couple that i cancelled and the another expired, the 2 bedroom villa. Then i see processing next to Courtyard penthouse. First thought was that its a good sign. also thought that its pretty early to be eliminating me, so this must be happening! Checked credit card and no change, checked rooms available and saw some off them dropping of the board. Little while later i checked my reservation and saw that it was changed from min suite to Haven courtyard on deck 15.

So we have been upgraded to the Haven courtyard for a final total of 3,075 for the 2 of us which included the 1500 bid,(750 pp) with no perks.

I do hope this information helps future cruisers as i did want to report back. One important thing to remember about this cruise was that there was a lot of rooms available right up until today.  While i do realize that it's not fair to the people that paid full price, Norwegian made these rules and we are very happy that our bid was accepted and also many thanks to all the great information on this thread. One last thing, the winning bid was just at  the lowest part of  good offer.                                                                                                                         

Rolf

• Like 2

11 hours ago, huntersh2 said:

Do a Mock  buy on. 3rd party site like Cruise 411 or even on NCL site. Just open up and try to buy another room like you were a regular old customer trying to buy a room. Look in the category you are curious about and see how many rooms are left in that category. 

One thing to remember when you are checking categories on NCL site is that it will only display a maximum of 15 cabin numbers and more are probably available. 

So if you see less than 15 in category MA (top Mini) for example, that is all that is available.   You would then want to check MB, MC, etc to see how many total mini-suites are available.

Edited by Sand and Seas

I’ve spent way too long looking through pages and pages of this thread trying to decide how much to bid!

I've looked at my cruise and done dummy bookings seeing at least 15 rooms available in almost all categories that I’m able to upgrade to so I’m assuming the cruise isn’t close to full yet. When is peak season considered to be?

I'm cruising on the breakaway western Caribbean out of Miami 14th April so wondering if spring break is over and the ship will be quieter then (from the UK so not sure on spring break dates!)

Thanks everyone for all the info - lots to take in but very helpful!

34 minutes ago, Slack Alice said:

I’ve spent way too long looking through pages and pages of this thread trying to decide how much to bid!

I've looked at my cruise and done dummy bookings seeing at least 15 rooms available in almost all categories that I’m able to upgrade to so I’m assuming the cruise isn’t close to full yet. When is peak season considered to be?

I'm cruising on the breakaway western Caribbean out of Miami 14th April so wondering if spring break is over and the ship will be quieter then (from the UK so not sure on spring break dates!)

Thanks everyone for all the info - lots to take in but very helpful!

Spring Break isn't consistent across all of the US. Here in Western, NY Spring Break is the week of April 14th, but for a majority of the US it is already over by then. I would say Spring Break can happen anywhere between early March and Easter depending on state and school district.

2 hours ago, rwisles72 said:

Hi everyone... First of all, thanks for all the great information on here. Today we received our upgrade to the Haven on the March 24th sailing on the Norwegian Getaway.

How we got there... I booked this cruise about 6 weeks ago. Started off with balcony guarantee, sail away rate with no perks. Cost was 1825.00 total for the 2 of us. Then a few days later mini suite balcony dropped to the same price and we were upgraded, same exact price. Our travel agent also told me i could apply 2 next cruise certificates and that brought it down to 1325. So 1575 total when including the 250 for the next cruise certificates.

This particular cruise had a lot of rooms available in every category right down the line, including the Haven. When i started the bidding process there was 15 Haven spa, 14 Courtyard penthouse and 12 two bedroom villas available. 

Seemed like a pretty good chance to possibly get the Haven experience. This will be our 4th cruise with Norwegian. 

I played around with the bids quite often but these were my final numbers as of this morning when 1 of my 3 bids was accepted.

Haven spa                       850 pp   (knocked it up from 800 pp last night)

Courtyard penthouse    750 pp   ( knocked it down from 780 pp last night)

2 bedroom villa              1000 pp

This morning i noticed that i no longer had the upgrade page available so i went to an old email and the first thing that pops up was Haven spa, expired. Then the other categories are listed and i see a couple that i cancelled and the another expired, the 2 bedroom villa. Then i see processing next to Courtyard penthouse. First thought was that its a good sign. also thought that its pretty early to be eliminating me, so this must be happening! Checked credit card and no change, checked rooms available and saw some off them dropping of the board. Little while later i checked my reservation and saw that it was changed from min suite to Haven courtyard on deck 15.

So we have been upgraded to the Haven courtyard for a final total of 3,075 for the 2 of us which included the 1500 bid,(750 pp) with no perks.

I do hope this information helps future cruisers as i did want to report back. One important thing to remember about this cruise was that there was a lot of rooms available right up until today.  While i do realize that it's not fair to the people that paid full price, Norwegian made these rules and we are very happy that our bid was accepted and also many thanks to all the great information on this thread. One last thing, the winning bid was just at  the lowest part of  good offer.                                                                                                                         

Rolf

That's amazing!! Congrats!!

• Like 1

Just got the email we were upgraded from an ocean view to a balcony on the Breakaway sailing March 24 out of NOLA.  I’m pretty excited as the ship has appeared to be almost sold out completely with it being Spring Break and all.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Hollr said:

Just got the email we were upgraded from an ocean view to a balcony on the Breakaway sailing March 24 out of NOLA.  I’m pretty excited as the ship has appeared to be almost sold out completely with it being Spring Break and all.

Congratulations!

How much did you pay for it if you don't mind sharing?

4 minutes ago, Slack Alice said:

Congratulations!

How much did you pay for it if you don't mind sharing?

I bid $235/person....  That was on the higher end of the good range.   That $470 plus what we’ve already paid, is still $200 less than what the cost of the same ocean view room category if we were to book it now.   If that makes sense.  

7 hours ago, Slack Alice said:

Thanks everyone for all the info lots to take in but very helpful!

My daughter was on spring break (college) from the Boston area last week, but Mass. school vacation week (highschool and below)

is April 14 week and NH and Maine school vacation week is April 21 

Got upgraded for 3/24 Escape today!  From a B2 to H6.  Bid was $1400 -- don't know if we overbid, but we really wanted to be in the Haven, it'll be our first time and there are four of us and we had a pretty good initial price on our original cabin.  Really wanted an H4 (2-BR) -- which is showing as still available and we had bid more ($1610?) for, but I am very excited!!

Edited by ennjay

Dumb question. New to this.

We’re in an H7 (forward facing PH). To just officially upgrade to aft facing (I think H4?) would be exactly $1000 more than we paid for the H7, after a recent $100 price drop. 

I’m also being offered to bid on upgrading. The minimum bid for the upgrade to H4 (for 2 people) comes out to ... $1000. 

Is this unusual? Why in the world would I use the bidding system and potentially end up right under the buffet when I could just (presumably?) call and pay the same amount to upgrade to a H4 of my choosing?

Edited by AdoraBelle