What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

CCHelp

22 hours ago, huntersh2 said:

Do a Mock  buy on. 3rd party site like Cruise 411 or even on NCL site. Just open up and try to buy another room like you were a regular old customer trying to buy a room. Look in the category you are curious about and see how many rooms are left in that category. 

I did a search thru Costco and found that only inside cabs left for my sail dates

11 minutes ago, paperposter said:

I did a search thru Costco and found that only inside cabs left for my sail dates

Maybe that's all that's left. 1st 2nd and 3rd weeks of April are April break for schools across the US. Mine is April 14th week. Rhode Island. So yes it will be busier, w kids and families 

2 minutes ago, huntersh2 said:

Maybe that's all that's left. 1st 2nd and 3rd weeks of April are April break for schools across the US. Mine is April 14th week. Rhode Island. So yes it will be busier, w kids and families 

correct I was posting it because some one else I belive is on my ship and is waiting on upgrades by bidding I don't want or need an upgrade

54 minutes ago, AdoraBelle said:

Dumb question. New to this.

We’re in an H7 (forward facing PH). To just officially upgrade to aft facing (I think H4?) would be exactly $1000 more than we paid for the H7, after a recent $100 price drop. 

I’m also being offered to bid on upgrading. The minimum bid for the upgrade to H4 (for 2 people) comes out to ... $1000. 

Is this unusual? Why in the world would I use the bidding system and potentially end up right under the buffet when I could just (presumably?) call and pay the same amount to upgrade to a H4 of my choosing?

I have read of this happening before.   This is another good example why it can be best to just call and upgrade to the cabin of your choosing.    Thanks for sharing.  This is good information for others to learn from.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AdoraBelle said:

Dumb question. New to this.

We’re in an H7 (forward facing PH). To just officially upgrade to aft facing (I think H4?) would be exactly $1000 more than we paid for the H7, after a recent $100 price drop. 

I’m also being offered to bid on upgrading. The minimum bid for the upgrade to H4 (for 2 people) comes out to ... $1000. 

Is this unusual? Why in the world would I use the bidding system and potentially end up right under the buffet when I could just (presumably?) call and pay the same amount to upgrade to a H4 of my choosing?

H4 would be in Haven proper.

Is it maybe a H6?

Sorry for confusion. In an H7 (forward facing). Invited to bid on upgrades. The lowest bid on an aft-facing (H6, sorry for using the wrong code earlier) is the same price as it would be to just pay for the upgrade.

So my question is: is it common for the bidding process to offer no actual financial advantage/lower price over just calling and paying for an upgrade?

Also seems a bit sketch that the system would let me bid WAY over the current retail price of the room type.

Edited by AdoraBelle

Been waiting to hear about my NCL Sky sailing on 3/22. Thought today would be the day... but I guess we'll be waiting until tomorrow for notice of denial or approval. 

Still seem to be at least a few balconies available for booking... I know it is a small ship, though.

Just booked a balcony on Escape 2 weeks ago for a sailing on 3/31.  Won an upgrade to an H7 today!

Originally paid $999 PP, Bid $1,100 PP so $2,099 PP for the Haven is perfect for us!

Bid much higher for an aft Haven H6 but clearly not enough.  Also bid about $950 for other haven styles.  Personally I love the H7 but want to do an aft Haven penthouse sometime.

• Like 1

I am cruising on the Getaway on Sunday 03/24.  Our upgrade request for a balcony was accepted today at noon.  We were comped for an inside mid ship cabin on deck 10 for the port charges and $140 per person fee.  We bid $205 per person and were assigned a balcony room on deck 11 near the aft elevators.  We are very happy not to be sailing in 132 square feet!!!!!!

On 7/2/2018 at 12:17 PM, fstuff1 said:

cool.. so a WHOLE bunch of options because of different Haven categories.

1) if i win a haven bid, am i paying the higher DSC?

2) also, i'm going solo on the Bliss.

am i paying 2x my Haven bid if i win? ie: forced double occupancy rate?

3) hm.. If on Bliss balcony, no bidding possible on aft or forward balconies? or Large balconies (B6)?

Not sure about 3, but for the DSC, if you’ve prepaid, you do not pay the difference.  We did both Upsell and won a bid into Haven and both times we did not have to pay the additional amount.  The bids are doubled so yes you would pay double the bid amount to upgrade. 🙂

3 minutes ago, benzygirl said:

Some people say you are offered two cat upgrade to bid on. But i’ve seen people with balconies saying they could bid on Haven.  What’s the real story here?

There are only five categories (excluding Solo Studio cabins, which are not eligible to bid), so yes balcony can bid on the Haven:

Inside

Oceanview

Balcony

MiniSuite
Haven

17 minutes ago, benzygirl said:

Some people say you are offered two cat upgrade to bid on. But i’ve seen people with balconies saying they could bid on Haven.  What’s the real story here?

Yes, Balcony is 2 categories below Haven so they can bid on Haven. I believe Haven is considered one category for upgrade eligibility but you can Bid into any Haven category that's available. People below balcony (Inside and OV) can not bid on the Haven.

Hello all- sailing 3/24 out of NYC- bid rejected - rcd email at about 2 o’clock today.  I had booked sail away mini-suite (they booked me midship 12th deck)  bid 100 pp so 200 total on spa mini suite.  Knew it was low but figured why not try!  And like where my assigned cabin is so all good. I purchased thermal spa passes. So ok! 

7 hours ago, benzygirl said:

"Category" is a misnomer in this context. What the really mean is "meta" which is the whole grouping of categories. I.e. inside, ocean view, balcony, mini-suite, or Haven. On the Epic, there are no ocean view rooms, so insides can bid on balconies and mini-suites.

5 minutes ago, fredajean said:

Has anyone ever won a bid who did not purchase NCL insurance?  Just wondering if this could impact your chances of winning a bid since it's a few hundred dollars less in their pockets.

We’ve never purchased insurance but have received two bid upgrades.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, fredajean said:

Has anyone ever won a bid who did not purchase NCL insurance?  Just wondering if this could impact your chances of winning a bid since it's a few hundred dollars less in their pockets.

Have never purchased and have won. And won good ones like H4 so I don't think that has any sway either  way

• Like 1

And this round I sold out...and this time I just called up and purchased  Haven out right. We love it so much and the prices were coming down for next weeks Getaway cruise so I just said what the heck and called. My bid was only 200 less then the price and wanted to try out an H9 so just bit the bullet and called and bought the dang thing.  I know I know... I'm sorry. Haha. My bid was for 850pp..we really wanted the H9 to try out a whole new category, for us. Other bids were 1100 H6. 910 H5. 880 H7. And 1050 H4. Hope this helps. Good luck all. 

Edited by huntersh2