What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

CCHelp

On 3/30/2019 at 6:48 PM, pfopma said:

10 day Greece/Italy on Spirit. 

I'm on the same cruise 🙂   My bid was accepted 40 days prior to cruising: 75 USD pP from Inside to Ocean View 😁

2 hours ago, _Mr.G_ said:

I'm on the same cruise 🙂   My bid was accepted 40 days prior to cruising: 75 USD pP from Inside to Ocean View 😁

Wow, great price! We're paying $200 pp to upgrade from Inside to mid ship balcony. I originally  put in a bid of $100 each but then we decided to increase it because we really wanted the balcony. We felt we got a great deal because that category cabin was $900 pp more than what we paid for the upgrade. All Balcony cabins are now sold out.

Edited by pfopma

Sailing 4/13 on Star. Booked IF was assigned an ID. Bid 180pp barely in fair range for balcony right on 80 day mark. Credit card charged today and new confirmation received. Assigned B1 AFT BALCONY!!! So excited!! Also sailing 4/20 hope my answer is just as early.  

Update: bid accepted for 4/20 assigned BA same deck as 4/13 so easy relocation.  10 days to go. So excited!

13 minutes ago, Chris_2448 said:

It's interesting. It appears most people getting their bids accepted prior to 48 hours out all appear to be cruises leaving from outside the US.

My bids on the Star are from Miami b2b western then eastern caribbean. Both accepted quite early IMO.

I'm booked in a SPA balcony on the Escape to Bermuda out of NYC on June 23rd, I'm 80 days out and got my upgrade offers today.  These are PP prices.

Minimum Fair Good Strong Excellent Maximum
The Haven Deluxe Owner's Suite  (H2) $1,500 $1,770 $2,080 $2,400 $2,730 $3,000
The Haven Owner's Suite  (H3) $1,500 $1,770 $2,080 $2,400 $2,730 $3,000
The Haven 2 Bedroom Family Villa  (H4) $1,000 $1,360 $1,750 $2,200 $2,500 $2,750
The Haven Courtyard Penthouse  (H5) $500 $840 $1,210 $1,590 $1,820 $2,000
The Haven Aft-Facing Penthouse  (H6) $800 $1,170 $1,580 $1,990 $2,280 $2,500
The Haven Forward-Facing Penthouse (H7) $500 $840 $1,210 $1,590 $1,820 $2,000
The Haven Spa Suite  (H9) $500 $840 $1,210 $1,590 $1,820 $2,000
Spa Mini-Suite  $50 $135 $225 $320 $365 $400
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, BIG POOCH said:

The Epic on 4/13 isn't showing up anymore on NCL.com.  I'm guessing that means NO upgrade for us.  😞

My 4/13 and 4/20 disappeared as well this morning.  I think everything is now sold out due to the cancel of 3 trips of the Oasis with Royal. Just thinking 

we  are on the Escape this Sunday 4/7/19 out of NYC...Can't wait !!

We recv'd out Upgrade Offer Acceptance E-mail today at approx. 4:00pm to go from a FWD Balcony on the 10th deck to a Spa Mini Suite Balcony on the 15th deck, for $200 per person...$400.00 total...we also were going to buy the thermal suite pas as well, the bigger bathroom is just icing on the cake..

• Like 3

8 hours ago, conciergecruiser said:

we  are on the Escape this Sunday 4/7/19 out of NYC...Can't wait !!

We recv'd out Upgrade Offer Acceptance E-mail today at approx. 4:00pm to go from a FWD Balcony on the 10th deck to a Spa Mini Suite Balcony on the 15th deck, for $200 per person...$400.00 total...we also were going to buy the thermal suite pas as well, the bigger bathroom is just icing on the cake..

That is awesome! Enjoy!

34 minutes ago, andychris said:

How far out do you possibly receive an offer to upgrade? Do you receive an email or do you call? 

Thanks!

Most upgrades come about 72 hours or less before sailing but an upgrade can come at anytime. Ours came on a Wednesday before leaving on a Saturday. We are on the Bliss now. You get an email. NCL wants to use every minute possible to sell cabins at full price before resorting to upgrades so don’t expect any emails early on after bidding. It can happen but late is most likely. 

1 hour ago, andychris said:

How far out do you possibly receive an offer to upgrade? Do you receive an email or do you call? 

Thanks!

The OFFER to bid usually comes 80 days out from sailing, unless you book within 80 days, and then you usually get it within 48 hours of booking. It should come as an email, as well as a banner ad when you log into My NCL and a message in your Message Center within My NCL. Bid acceptance can come any time between when you bid and 48 hours from sailing. Bid rejection always comes about 48 hours from sailing.

I'm On an April sailing of Breakaway.  We had an aft balcony room and bid on both a Haven Aft and the 2 bedroom Haven because we wanted to add a 3rd person and needed at least a one bedroom unit.  There were tons of empty rooms on this cruise, so I thought we had a good chance.  I kept upping our bid, at the end I had bid $1600 each.  Then last week, all of the Haven rooms we wanted started disappearing rather quickly.  The 2 bedrooms sold out in one day.  We bit the bullet and just upgraded because we really wanted the room.  By the time I upgraded, there were only 2 Haven Afts left.  There were 7 a week prior.

Not sure where all those Haven rooms went, but we weren't successful in getting a bid approved.  Still very excited to have the Haven Aft and that huge balcony!  Can't wait!!

2 minutes ago, linga said:

I'm On an April sailing of Breakaway.  We had an aft balcony room and bid on both a Haven Aft and the 2 bedroom Haven because we wanted to add a 3rd person and needed at least a one bedroom unit.  There were tons of empty rooms on this cruise, so I thought we had a good chance.  I kept upping our bid, at the end I had bid $1600 each.  Then last week, all of the Haven rooms we wanted started disappearing rather quickly.  The 2 bedrooms sold out in one day.  We bit the bullet and just upgraded because we really wanted the room.  By the time I upgraded, there were only 2 Haven Afts left.  There were 7 a week prior.

Not sure where all those Haven rooms went, but we weren't successful in getting a bid approved.  Still very excited to have the Haven Aft and that huge balcony!  Can't wait!!

You’ll love that aft suite. We were on the Getaway last month in a Haven aft suite and yes the balcony is incredible. It’s going to be hard to go back to a standard balcony, especially the tiny ones on the Breakaway and Getaway. Have a great cruise.

5 minutes ago, gmbhardy said:

You’ll love that aft suite. We were on the Getaway last month in a Haven aft suite and yes the balcony is incredible. It’s going to be hard to go back to a standard balcony, especially the tiny ones on the Breakaway and Getaway. Have a great cruise.

Thanks!  I have to admit, This is my 3rd cruise on NCL and I've never been in one of the regular balconies, I've always upgraded because They're so small.   But,This is my first in the Aft Haven balcony, so super excited!   I usually cruise Carnival and Princess because of the better size of rooms and balconies, and I just prefer those lines, but like to switch it up and go on other lines too!  Never been on cruise that I didn't enjoy!   Also, NCL just sent me another great deal in the mail, so I see a 4th NCL cruise in my future 🙂 

48 minutes ago, linga said:

I'm on the Escape - April 14th. I won my bid on April 1st. I bid last year on the Escape and my winning bid came in the week of the sailing. Both times we bid $1,000 per person. We went from a spa mini-suite to a Haven Courtyard Penthouse w/balcony. Last year we went from a spa mini-suite to a Haven Spa Suite. While it isn't a bargain, it is certainly cheaper than booking it outright. 

• Thanks 2

Okay. I just got an invitation to bid for an upgrade a couple of days ago.  It gave me two choices: oceanview and balcony.  Does that mean all of the different categories within those levels?  We're currently in a family inside.  I only bid on the "balcony". I did a mock booking and from what I can see, there are currently  22 cabins within the balcony category available.  I'm sailing on the Gem.  

On 4/2/2019 at 5:47 PM, _Mr.G_ said:

Have you joined the Roll Call  for this sailing? 

16 minutes ago, chapchap said:

Okay. I just got an invitation to bid for an upgrade a couple of days ago.  It gave me two choices: oceanview and balcony.  Does that mean all of the different categories within those levels?  We're currently in a family inside.  I only bid on the "balcony". I did a mock booking and from what I can see, there are currently  22 cabins within the balcony category available.  I'm sailing on the Gem.  

Yes, except where stated, you are bidding on the entire meta. So if you win your balcony bid, you could be placed in any balcony on the ship.

1 minute ago, JamieLogical said:

Yes, except where stated, you are bidding on the entire meta. So if you win your balcony bid, you could be placed in any balcony on the ship.

Thank you, JamieLogical. I've been reading this thread trying to understand the process.  I was only thrown off when folks were stating they were putting in bids for particular categories.  But you've always explained (multiple times) perfectly. :) I put in slightly above minimum. It would be a great surprise for my family if I were to get it.  

I confess..... I haven’t read the 113 pages of this thread....   why do they offer bids to cabin categories that are already sold out?   We are already booked in a suite and received an email to bid, but ALL categories above us say sold?

10 minutes ago, 5onadime said:

I confess..... I haven’t read the 113 pages of this thread....   why do they offer bids to cabin categories that are already sold out?   We are already booked in a suite and received an email to bid, but ALL categories above us say sold?

There could always be last-minute cancellations, but the more substantial answer is that the bidding system provides NCL with valuable data on which to make future pricing decisions.

• Like 1