What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

CCHelp

I’m hearing conflicting things about the upgrades. Our cruise looks sold out, but our bid still says pending. One NCL rep said they do hold rooms for the upgrade program, another said they don’t. 

Also, if they are all sold out and not awarding any more upgrades, wouldn’t they send the “no upgrade for you!” emails? 

3 minutes ago, nikechic23 said:

I’m hearing conflicting things about the upgrades. Our cruise looks sold out, but our bid still says pending. One NCL rep said they do hold rooms for the upgrade program, another said they don’t. 

Also, if they are all sold out and not awarding any more upgrades, wouldn’t they send the “no upgrade for you!” emails? 

There's always a chance of last minute cancellations, which is why they wait until 48 hours before sailing to close out bids.  I am also in a sold out situation waiting to hear on my bids for this Sunday, so I'm not getting my hopes up but it will be interesting to see what happens.

5 minutes ago, nikechic23 said:

My Bliss cruise cabin category in April said sold out for weeks and I still won a cabin in that category......... Why would NCL, the king of nickel and diming, hold cabins back from full price bookings so people can bid hundreds or thousands less so they can make less profits? 

24 minutes ago, nikechic23 said:

NCL loses nothing by keeping bids open until the last minute. Cancellations and even upgrades themselves can free up cabins. Plus NCL gets to gather valuable data about what people are willing to pay.

As for holding back cabins specifically for upgrades, I can think of zero business logic for why they would do that. Why wouldn't they at least try to get the retail price for those?

1 hour ago, tallnthensome said:

My Bliss cruise cabin category in April said sold out for weeks and I still won a cabin in that category......... Why would NCL, the king of nickel and diming, hold cabins back from full price bookings so people can bid hundreds or thousands less so they can make less profits? 

I thought the same thing, but your comment seems conflicting. You say why would they do that, but that you got one?

33 minutes ago, nikechic23 said:

I thought the same thing, but your comment seems conflicting. You say why would they do that, but that you got one?

Because the upgrade shuffle happens about 72 hours or less before cruising and people in certain cabin categories that were sold out now upgrade leaving openings in the once sold out category. If the ship and every cabin category is truly sold out there will be no upgrades. If you want an oceanview that are all sold out and there are more expensive balconies or mini suites available you'll have that opportunity to move in  .......

• Like 1

On ‎5‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 1:53 PM, Marine Mom said:

Unfortunately, if your TA doesn't participate with the upgrade program you will not be invited to bid.  Have you asked the TA directly if they participate?  Also, you can always watch the prices for your sailing and if they come down, you can call your TA to upgrade yourself and pay the difference just be aware if you upgrade, you would lose any promotions you received with your original booking and get the new promotions they offer at that time.

Yeahhh I just got the email. I am going to bid on a spa mini suite and on the Spa balcony, as well as minimum bids on the other rooms. As I have already purchased  the spa pass I presume I will have enough time to cancel my passes and get my money back if successful ?

TIA

1 hour ago, debgreg said:

Yeahhh I just got the email. I am going to bid on a spa mini suite and on the Spa balcony, as well as minimum bids on the other rooms. As I have already purchased  the spa pass I presume I will have enough time to cancel my passes and get my money back if successful ?

TIA

Great! Yes, if you win the bid for the spa balcony or spa mini-suite, you should be able to cancel your passes.  If not prior to sailing (they will notify you one way or the other 48 hours prior to sailing) I think you can cancel once onboard.

2 hours ago, Marine Mom said:

Great! Yes, if you win the bid for the spa balcony or spa mini-suite, you should be able to cancel your passes.  If not prior to sailing (they will notify you one way or the other 48 hours prior to sailing) I think you can cancel once onboard.

I have factored in what I paid for the pass and added what I feel is reasonable and it is in the fair bracket....fingers crossed 😎

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, debgreg said:

I have factored in what I paid for the pass and added what I feel is reasonable and it is in the fair bracket....fingers crossed 😎

Good luck!  I have won bids in the past for barely over minimum so keeping fingers crossed for you!!!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Marine Mom said:

Good luck!  I have won bids in the past for barely over minimum so keeping fingers crossed for you!!!

Thanks, I paid the £99 offer for the DP and meal P, I don’t lose these do I if the bid is accepted? Also can you cancel/ withdraw your bid anytime before it’s been accepted?

Edited by debgreg

10 minutes ago, debgreg said:

Thanks, I paid the £99 offer for the DP and meal P, I don’t lose these do I if the bid is accepted? Also can you cancel/ withdraw your bid anytime before it’s been accepted?

You keep all of the perks that were included in your original booking. And yes, you can cancel your bid any time up until it is accepted.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, debgreg said:

Yes and yes.  If you win the bid, you keep all promotions you are booked with but will not receive any new promotions.

1 minute ago, AliciaandMark said:

I have just received confirmation of our upgrade from Inside cabin to midship balcony on the Pearl for the 5th July sailing to Greek Isles and Italy. 52 days out from sailing. So happy. Bid was $200AUD. 

Congrats! European itineraries do seem to get bids confirmed my earlier than North American itineraries. Thanks for contributing your info to our data collection!

Today I won one of my bids:

NCL Bliss June 16th sailing from BF balcony to B9 Spa Balcony $175 PP.

I paid $1699 PP for the BF (guarantee)  and originally was assigned a B8 cabin. 

I already bought two spa passes so we are actually saving $75 PP since the Bliss Spa bass costs $250 PP.

Hi,

Just received my upgrade for this Sunday 05/19/19 NYC Escape. I bid on several Haven rooms and received Haven Aft Balcony.

My bid was in the fair range for that room. It was also my highest bid. We were in that room last year and really enjoyed it.

Edited by wall6363
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, wall6363 said:

Hi,

Just received my upgrade for this Sunday 05/19/19 NYC Escape. I bid on several Haven rooms and received Haven Aft Balcony.

My bid was in the fair range for that room. It was also my highest bid. We were in that room last year and really enjoyed it.

What room did you originally have?  And congratulations!

Could anyone advise how NCL paid upgrades work after final payment.

Is it the total cost of new upgrade -and which component of it if I may ask? - has to be more than total of final payment amount I've paid (including all free at sea gratuities, pre-paid gratuities)?

Booked directly with NCL and tried to upgrade from IF to MX (MX base fare and total bill cost more then my IF total payment) directly with NCL but NCL rep said not allowed.

Thank you in advance (:

1 hour ago, nothing89 said:

Could anyone advise how NCL paid upgrades work after final payment.

Is it the total cost of new upgrade -and which component of it if I may ask? - has to be more than total of final payment amount I've paid (including all free at sea gratuities, pre-paid gratuities)?

Booked directly with NCL and tried to upgrade from IF to MX (MX base fare and total bill cost more then my IF total payment) directly with NCL but NCL rep said not allowed.

Thank you in advance 🙂

They probably were not letting you upgrade because mx is a sailaway rate which means you would lose your drink package and dining perks, if you want to pay to upgrade from a if to a mini suite category you would have to pick mc, mb, ma etc. they would let you pay that difference and upgrade 

5 minutes ago, chapchap said:

If your upgrade bid is accepted are your taxes and service charges adjusted?

The taxes should remain the same.  If you upgrade to a suite or Haven, you will be responsible for the increased service charge unless you have prepaid service charges.  If you have insurance through Norwegian, you are also responsible for the increase in plan cost if the upgrade puts you into a higher tier of coverage.

• Like 1