What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

CCHelp

19 hours ago, MoeAndSue said:

Hi Doug!  Thanks for sharing this helpful information!  We are super happy with our Large Balcony room we chose but would love to get in on the Haven experience!  You said you've always bid in the "poor" zone which is what we have just done.  I'm going to assume we won't be accepted unless we push the meter upwards!  I'm interested in knowing when you say "above/less than out right booking" does that mean the current price of said cabin?

Good luck with your bids! Appreciate your insight!

MoeAndSue 

Hi Moe and Sue, What I'm referring to is: I messaged our travel agent and asked "if we were just to change our booking to those particular Haven Suites what would the cost be?"  So, yes, it refers to the current price of said cabin 🙂

31 minutes ago, lonestarmikeb said:

Has anyone ever won an upgrade by bidding the minimum? We are in a mini suite and the minimum bid to upgrade to a penthouse with balcony is $400 per person. Would be willing at that price but not anymore? BTW it's our first time bidding.

I would say put the bid in as you never know. Worst case you dont win. I just won a bid in the middle of the poor range that i was not expecting to win. The only other thing i would say is if you could do $425-$450 you would be ahead of the people bidding the minimum.Just a thought.

13 hours ago, lonestarmikeb said:

Has anyone ever won an upgrade by bidding the minimum? We are in a mini suite and the minimum bid to upgrade to a penthouse with balcony is $400 per person. Would be willing at that price but not anymore? BTW it's our first time bidding.

People have definitely been upgraded with minimum or near-minimum bids in the past, but usually not to Havens. You see that more often going from say an interior to an ocean view or interior to balcony. I don't recall seeing anyone posting in either of these two threads about winning a Haven upgrade with a minimum bid. Some "poor" bids, yes, but not minimum.

• Like 1

Hi. We are travelling on the epic 16 Jan. we was booked in an aft facing balcony & received upgrade offer. Checked online and 17 2 bed haven suites were showing. The bid system was £470 pp for the lowest poor bid £1000 for mid range bid and £2000 pp for high bid. I bid lowest & within a week nearly all the cabins went. I Called the agent I booked with & for £1300 in total I was able to upgrade to the 2 bed haven, had the choice of which cabin & also got all the free at sea perks which I was going to pay extra for on the ship. I would recommend doing your research & check with your TA or NCL to see how much an upgrade would be first. Hope this info helps 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, lonestarmikeb said:

Yes, £405.00 from Spa balcony to haven H5 Breakaway...

• Like 1

We just had our bid accepted for the January 19th sailing on the Encore! We were in an inside and are upgraded to a balcony. I think our bid was about the middle of the range so not a super bargain but still quite a bit less than paying it upfront. I didn't really figure we would get it, have never won one in the past, so I bid a little bit higher than I might have :)

This is our 15th cruise and we have never had a balcony so I'm pretty happy about it. 

• Like 4

I received our bid to upgrade email on day 111, two days ago. I placed our bids today for Haven 2 and Haven 3. We're currently in a forward facing penthouse suite on the Norwegian Pearl. We set sail March 8th-March 15th, 2020. Fingers crossed for a Haven room, but I'm happy with the penthouse, too.

On 11/19/2019 at 1:35 PM, RNRcruisers said:

We just had our bid accepted for the January 19th sailing on the Encore! We were in an inside and are upgraded to a balcony. I think our bid was about the middle of the range so not a super bargain but still quite a bit less than paying it upfront. I didn't really figure we would get it, have never won one in the past, so I bid a little bit higher than I might have 🙂

This is our 15th cruise and we have never had a balcony so I'm pretty happy about it. 

Are you in our Roll Call for the 19th?

• Like 1

Just received my offer to bid on an upgrade email.  We are sailing on the Pearl Feb 22-27.  We are booked in an interior.  The min bid for an OV was $25 pp, we bid $50.  The min bid for a balcony was $75.  We bid $150.  Have never bid before.  Hoping for the best but not counting on it!

16 hours ago, jancl57 said:

Just received my offer to bid on an upgrade email.  We are sailing on the Pearl Feb 22-27.  We are booked in an interior.  The min bid for an OV was $25 pp, we bid $50.  The min bid for a balcony was $75.  We bid $150.  Have never bid before.  Hoping for the best but not counting on it!

Did you check the website to find out how much it would be to upgrade directly?

Haven bid for the Joy - Just notified that my bid was NOT accepted but probably due to limited availability as I bid the highest amount possible ($2000 per person) hoping to score the DOS instead of the Two bedroom H-4.  But as there are only two of these suites I was not really surprised.....just hoping that they had taken them out of being available due to the total number of passengers in the Haven.

It was my mistake to not book this room in the beginning but all of the other DOS cabins that we have enjoyed on NCL did NOT have a second bedroom and so I assumed that this was the case on this ship.....Big mistake and all on me.  But we also tried to book an additional room in the Haven a month or more ago and were told that although there WERE cabins that had not been sold - that the Haven was at "Capacity"....so again, I was hoping that that DOS was just sitting there NOT booked.....

17 minutes ago, chloemonkey said:

Haven bid for the Joy - Just notified that my bid was NOT accepted but probably due to limited availability as I bid the highest amount possible ($2000 per person) hoping to score the DOS instead of the Two bedroom H-4.  But as there are only two of these suites I was not really surprised.....just hoping that they had taken them out of being available due to the total number of passengers in the Haven.

It was my mistake to not book this room in the beginning but all of the other DOS cabins that we have enjoyed on NCL did NOT have a second bedroom and so I assumed that this was the case on this ship.....Big mistake and all on me.  But we also tried to book an additional room in the Haven a month or more ago and were told that although there WERE cabins that had not been sold - that the Haven was at "Capacity"....so again, I was hoping that that DOS was just sitting there NOT booked.....

If there are rooms available but not being sold bc of capacity issues, maybe you could call back and explain that the capacity won't change if they let you book the second room (assuming this is the case - you are moving someone out of your cabin and into the other).

21 minutes ago, schildiams said:

If there are rooms available but not being sold bc of capacity issues, maybe you could call back and explain that the capacity won't change if they let you book the second room (assuming this is the case - you are moving someone out of your cabin and into the other).

That's why I LOVE you guys!  As you are SO much smarter than me...I would not have thought of that!  Worth a try....

First time actually bidding despite having the changes to previously. Searched this and the old thread but seem to have some conflicting info. Could someone confirm if my theory is right - TYIA: 

Currently booked in a B6 Balcony and have the chance to bid on Mini Suite, Spa Balcony and Haven. 

If I bid and it was accepted, I retain my "3 at sea perks" that I gained at my time of booking. I would not gain the new "take all perks being offered." 

If I was to be accepted for Mini Suite - would I gain the double latitude points that was and is offered currently? 

If I was to be accepted on a spa level, is it guaranteed that I get a spa pass or just the spa location room? 

TYIA for answers! 

12 minutes ago, krazykohns said:

First time actually bidding despite having the changes to previously. Searched this and the old thread but seem to have some conflicting info. Could someone confirm if my theory is right - TYIA: 

Currently booked in a B6 Balcony and have the chance to bid on Mini Suite, Spa Balcony and Haven. 

If I bid and it was accepted, I retain my "3 at sea perks" that I gained at my time of booking. I would not gain the new "take all perks being offered." 

If I was to be accepted for Mini Suite - would I gain the double latitude points that was and is offered currently? 

If I was to be accepted on a spa level, is it guaranteed that I get a spa pass or just the spa location room? 

TYIA for answers! 

You do not gain the double point or what is currently offered in the Mini Suite.

For the spa cabin, you do receive spa access passes for the cruise because that is an amenity of the cabin.