What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

CCHelp

I'm sailing this Sun on Escape and put in a bid for the Spa Haven. When I check my page it doesn't say the usual "Let's get you upgraded" but just print your edocs. If I go to my browser and go directly to the upgrade link it says still pending. Since they don't send out decline notices, when can I pretty much give up hope that I didn't get the bid? I know the it says anywhere until 48 hours before sailing but it seems like many people have posted that it was about a week out. Anyone get upgraded so close to leaving?

As long as it still says "pending", you still have a chance! Good luck and let us know!! :cool:

They do send out decline notices, but not until the very last second. I don't think you should give up hope until then. Our upgrade bid from an interior room to a balcony wasn't accepted until around noon on the Thursday before our Saturday sailing on the Gem in June.

I can't believe they let you know that close to the sail time. But who cares when they let you know as long as the bid gets accepted. I think they wait till the last minute to squeeze the last bit of money out of you. They're hoping you will get nervous about not getting it and up your bid. I'll keep my fingers crossed. I wonder why they take the date down off the website the week before we sail?

I’m new to bidding and could use some help. Two days ago we booked a sail away balcony on Getaway 9/23. Yesterday we were assigned a BC cabin on deck 11 near aft stairs). Today the upgrade email arrived.

We will be perfectly happy in the balcony cabin, of course. I am only lukewarm on minisuite upgrade (The larger mini suite bathroom would be welcome, but location could be worse than current balcony). There are many suites available now, and I’d love to snag a bargain on Haven suite.

From the email and FAQ, I have the impression, one can only score one upgrade. Is that correct? So if I did get a minisuite upgrade, would I lose any shot at a full suite upgrade later? If so, maybe I should not bid on minisuite at all, hoping for the big upgrade?

Our sailing is at peak of Hurricane season. So, some risk weather will interfere with people’s Travel plans, causing last minute cancellations. As Florida residents, we are less likely to cancel than those who must fly.

From the email and FAQ, I have the impression, one can only score one upgrade. Is that correct? So if I did get a minisuite upgrade, would I lose any shot at a full suite upgrade later? If so, maybe I should not bid on minisuite at all, hoping for the big upgrade?

This is correct. Once you win a mini-suite, you are no longer eligible for an upgrade to Haven. If Haven is what you really want, don't bid on the mini-suite.

There is a real chance that bidding on a mini-suite could "hurt" your chances of winning a Haven upgrade. NCL is clearly going to process bids in such a way that they make the most money. If you bid on both Haven and a Mini-suite and someone else only bids on Haven, it makes sense for NCL to put you in the mini and put the other person in the Haven so they get the money from two upgrades instead of just one.

I’m new to bidding and could use some help. Two days ago we booked a sail away balcony on Getaway 9/23. Yesterday we were assigned a BC cabin on deck 11 near aft stairs). Today the upgrade email arrived.

We will be perfectly happy in the balcony cabin, of course. I am only lukewarm on minisuite upgrade (The larger mini suite bathroom would be welcome, but location could be worse than current balcony). There are many suites available now, and I’d love to snag a bargain on Haven suite.

Our sailing is at peak of Hurricane season. So, some risk weather will interfere with people’s Travel plans, causing last minute cancellations. As Florida residents, we are less likely to cancel than those who must fly.

Many people choose not to bid on minisuite for this exact reason.

hi

we are sailing on the epic this sunday, august 5th and i put in an upgrade for $200 pp for the balcony and $250 pp for the mini suite - i still haven't heard anything - i am thinking this is to my advantage since we are only 4 days out, and i wonder if i take back my balcony upgrade offer, will it increase the chances of me getting the mini suite, we currently have an inside, and its the first time i have participated in an upgrade - i haven't printed my edocs yet, waiting for the final result -

hi

we are sailing on the epic this sunday, august 5th and i put in an upgrade for $200 pp for the balcony and $250 pp for the mini suite - i still haven't heard anything - i am thinking this is to my advantage since we are only 4 days out, and i wonder if i take back my balcony upgrade offer, will it increase the chances of me getting the mini suite, we currently have an inside, and its the first time i have participated in an upgrade - i haven't printed my edocs yet, waiting for the final result -

Personally, were I in your situation, I would leave both bids in. I don't know what the remaining inventory is like on your sailing, but you could try to do some mock bookings to get a sense of how many staterooms remain in each category and go from there. Either one would be a nice upgrade, I would think.

I booked a mini-suite on the Escape, departs August 5th from NYC. A few days later, I bet on the rooms of the Haven. I received an email on Monday (6 days before departure) saying that I had been upgraded to Haven!!! I had bet in the poor section. I am so excited! Do you think I will have the same benefits of Haven as Priority Boarding and others?

I booked a mini-suite on the Escape, departs August 5th from NYC. A few days later, I bet on the rooms of the Haven. I received an email on Monday (6 days before departure) saying that I had been upgraded to Haven!!! I had bet in the poor section. I am so excited! Do you think I will have the same benefits of Haven as Priority Boarding and others?

We went from balcony to H5 on Escape last year. You get priority boarding, butler & concierge, use of all the Haven facilities (bar, restaurant, pool, hot tubs, sun deck)...it was fantastic, hope you enjoy!

Edited by QueenOfZoom

Which Haven room did you win? What was your bid?

I've read a lot about this (even though I don't cruise until next year) but I've been trying to find out if we booked through a travel agent - are we still eligible for the upgrade offer? It's my understanding not everyone will get an offer, but many do.

Thanks!

I've read a lot about this (even though I don't cruise until next year) but I've been trying to find out if we booked through a travel agent - are we still eligible for the upgrade offer? It's my understanding not everyone will get an offer, but many do.

Thanks!

Since NCL started the upgrade bidding, I’ve booked 2 (now 3) cruises through an online TA. NCL pinged me about bidding for an upgrade on all of them.

Thanks!

It depends on your TA. From what I understand, TAs have to actually opt out of the Upgrade Advantage program.

Glad you are getting upgrades!! Congrats! We are going on 10 day NCL cruise from Rome on aug 30. Have not heard about my upgrade offers yet. Has anyone heard anything about this particular cruise and upgrades? (Norwegian spirit) I hope they dont wait until last moment! We are leaving on 8/27 so if we don’t get upgraded until the last minute, we will be gone already.

Oh good - thanks. When I asked about it, he actually said "I've never heard of that" :o:o:o:o:confused:

Well that's troublesome.....considering NCL sent out information on the program to TA's when they started the program.