What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

CCHelp

On 3/9/2020 at 7:29 AM, dexddd said:

There are several Haven room types. Which ship? Normally mid hundreds is what I've seen reported as the lowest.

Would be encore.  Looking over pictures now.  Does not all Haven have balcony’s?  Also some with balcony’s look small/obstructed ones. Thanks so much!

54 minutes ago, Beachmomm said:

Would be encore.  Looking over pictures now.  Does not all Haven have balcony’s?  Also some with balcony’s look small/obstructed ones. Thanks so much!

I'm on the encore in may, balcony BA category booked, haven minimum bids for lower have categories start at minimum of 400 per person, all the way up to minimum bid on owners suite is 2000.  Keep in mind though each sailing date is different it's all supply and demand very simple math really, of course minimum bids hardly ever win but if this corona issue keeps up that could change for this spring early summer sailings

• Like 1

MY cruise (June) people are canceling like crazy yet prices remain the same. Odd.  Upgrading is even very high.  We are waiting and seeing if we cancel until May.  Maybe we an upgrade for a better price in May?   We took our bid off the table until then.   Hoping we can all cruise! 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, kell113 said:

MY cruise (June) people are canceling like crazy yet prices remain the same. Odd.  Upgrading is even very high.  We are waiting and seeing if we cancel until May.  Maybe we an upgrade for a better price in May?   We took our bid off the table until then.   Hoping we can all cruise! 

Prices went up on all sailings and all categories on Monday in advance of the new cancellation policy taking effect yesterday. Speculation is that NCL wanted to prevent people from using the new policy to simply cancel and rebook at lower rates. So I think we can expect prices to remain high as a means of attempting to prevent people from cancelling just to get a better deal.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, kell113 said:

What cruise is that? I'm hoping their are a lot of cancelations for the Pearl in June. The prices are still running high for New England / Canada

38 minutes ago, Laszlo said:

What cruise is that? I'm hoping their are a lot of cancelations for the Pearl in June. The prices are still running high for New England / Canada

How come you’re hoping for a lot of cancelations?  

Looks like the virus is getting worse, before better.  Not sure when the safe zone will be.  June may be world peak and who would want to go on cruise then.  Plus with all these FCC passengers and such a loss of profit; prices will skyrocket.. and who’s to say the cruise companies won’t bankrupt before the FCC’s kick in.  It would be their cheapest option.  The credits will be useless. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Laszlo said:

More cabin choices Lol

Lol!  Still tough with all the uncertainty going on. But lower bids could win. Chance to take giving them more $ and not knowing if the cruise will really happen, ports open, peace of mind “on” the ship lol... etc. 

Edited by Beachmomm
  • Like 1

First time getting an upgrade request on our Encore sailing in May.  We currently have an angled balcony and looking at the mini suites, spa mini suites and even the haven, some balconies appear smaller then the angled. I’m not interested in a 2bedroom haven, but can anyone confirm the havens or mini suites balcony size?  I’d hate to do an upgrade request and reduce our balcony size. 

Just now, EmeraldCoastCruisers said:

First time getting an upgrade request on our Encore sailing in May.  We currently have an angled balcony and looking at the mini suites, spa mini suites and even the haven, some balconies appear smaller then the angled. I’m not interested in a 2bedroom haven, but can anyone confirm the havens or mini suites balcony size?  I’d hate to do an upgrade request and reduce our balcony size. 

You will definitely lose balcony space if upgraded to a mini-suite. Angled balconies are 50% larger than the normal balcony and mini-suite balconies. None of the mini-suites have an angled balcony. So you would be trading balcony space for a larger bathroom. That's your call.

5 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

You will definitely lose balcony space if upgraded to a mini-suite. Angled balconies are 50% larger than the normal balcony and mini-suite balconies. None of the mini-suites have an angled balcony. So you would be trading balcony space for a larger bathroom. That's your call.

Thank you for your reply!  That’s exactly what I was seeing and even in some of the Haven categories it seemed so as well.  

2 minutes ago, EmeraldCoastCruisers said:

Thank you for your reply!  That’s exactly what I was seeing and even in some of the Haven categories it seemed so as well.  

I should clarify a bit. None of the mini-suites have an angled balcony, but the M6 mini-suites do have a large balcony. The problem there is that when you bid on a mini-suite, you could be assigned any on the whole ship and there are only a handful of M6s.

Sailing 3/15 Encore. Awarded our Aft Haven suite today. Upgraded from a CAS comp balcony. This numbers may be skewed due to Coronavirus cancellations - we had 4 available suites this weekend and 26 this morning. The ones we bid on since we have 4 pax - 1 available aft suite and 1 2 BR suite available this weekend, 6 aft and 8 2 BR available this morning.

Bid won at $1,135 PP ($2,270 total). Another passenger on our cruise also in a balcony with 4 pax bid $1,800 PP and also won.

Our 2 BR bid of $1,320 PP was not chosen.

Thanks to those who cancelled, otherwise I wouldn’t have won lol.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MikeBTN said:

Sailing 3/15 Encore. Awarded our Aft Haven suite today. Upgraded from a CAS comp balcony. This numbers may be skewed due to Coronavirus cancellations - we had 4 available suites this weekend and 26 this morning. The ones we bid on since we have 4 pax - 1 available aft suite and 1 2 BR suite available this weekend, 6 aft and 8 2 BR available this morning.

Bid won at $1,135 PP ($2,270 total). Another passenger on our cruise also in a balcony with 4 pax bid $1,800 PP and also won.

I was wondering if the process was going to be paused with all the craziness going on. That’s encouraging. I’m leaving on epic 3/15 and have seen a ton of cabins open up. I bid on everything mimi suite and up but only the minimum bids on haven. I noticed we have a ton of inventory in all those categories. Hope to hear soon. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MikeBTN said:

Hey Mike.  Congrats on your upgrade.  We're (4 pax) also sailing on that date on the Encore.  Got an upgrade from a BA balcony to a 2BR for $1600.  You may be on to something with the skewed numbers this time.

5 minutes ago, iraschurig said:

Hey Mike.  Congrats on your upgrade.  We're (4 pax) also sailing on that date on the Encore.  Got an upgrade from a BA balcony to a 2BR for $1600.  You may be on to something with the skewed numbers this time.

Nice, see you in the Haven!  We've had a 2 BR the last few times we've sailed.  Enjoy the space!  We were a little under you, I think around $1,375 PP for the 2 BR bid.  I was actually hoping for the aft on this one - we haven't had one in a few years, plus with the (very limited) potential for quarantine, the extra outdoor space will be nice.  We don't mind walking up to the Haven.

Edited by MikeBTN

15 minutes ago, tracyfitzs said:

Mine All show expired for my 3/15 epic sailing. I thought they waited till 48 hours, that’s not til tomorrow and there sure are a ton of rooms open that I bid on. 

Weird. I can still bid on my 3/15 Bliss sailing and my one bid is still showing as Pending.

On 3/10/2020 at 3:41 PM, Beachmomm said:

Yes, all Haven have balconies and yes, size of balcony can vary across the same category, especially the aft haven suites.

56 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

Weird. I can still bid on my 3/15 Bliss sailing and my one bid is still showing as Pending.

On second look all say expired except the haven 2 bedroom balcony that I bid $600 on.... this may be an epic- epic vacation!!!