What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

CCHelp

So I have an inside (non-sail away) room booked for the Jade on Feb 1st. I bid $75 (fair)  for a view room and $115 (on the line between poor and fair) for a balcony. Do bids at these levels get accepted often?

I bought this cruise at about 115 days from sailing and the prices (and availability) haven't shifted much. I paid $379 for my room. An obstructed oceanview is $189 more than I paid and a balcony (sail away) is $200 more. Is there a sweet spot I should be trying to hit here? I don't mind pumping up the bids a little if necessary but I was wondering if the bids I already gave have a decent chance of being accepted? 

1 hour ago, chesswiththedevil said:

So I have an inside (non-sail away) room booked for the Jade on Feb 1st. I bid $75 (fair)  for a view room and $115 (on the line between poor and fair) for a balcony. Do bids at these levels get accepted often?

I bought this cruise at about 115 days from sailing and the prices (and availability) haven't shifted much. I paid $379 for my room. An obstructed oceanview is $189 more than I paid and a balcony (sail away) is $200 more. Is there a sweet spot I should be trying to hit here? I don't mind pumping up the bids a little if necessary but I was wondering if the bids I already gave have a decent chance of being accepted? 

If you're willing to up your bid to more than $115 and to buy a balcony outright is $200 - would it make sense to just call and pay the full whack and then get the current promos? Or does NCL not work that way? Just learning the ropes!

No, you do not get the extra promos if you win a bid upgrade. What the poster is saying is pay for the balcony where you can pick your room and get the promos.  Your bid seems close to paying for the next level outright.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, chesswiththedevil said:

Can...can you pay extra to get the current promos? I didn't even know that was a thing. We only got 1 Free at Sea promo and took the drink package. If they accept your upgrade package do you get the promos as well?

No, if you receive an upgrade through Upgrade Advantage, you only keep the promos you have, you do not get any additional.

• Like 1

Looks like balconies are pretty much sold out on your itinerary with the exception of sail away balcony. I’m betting there are some fairly aggressive bidders waiting in the wings to cover those. Just my thoughts after talking to fellow cruisers onboard about their bidding history.  

I personally don’t bid upgrade jewel class ocean view as I’d be very disappointed to pay extra to potentially have to look out at the lifeboats (obstructed).

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

If you're willing to up your bid to more than $115 and to buy a balcony outright is $200 - would it make sense to just call and pay the full whack and then get the current promos? Or does NCL not work that way? Just learning the ropes!

The $200 difference is for the current inside with Free at Sea versus a sail away balcony, in which case, paying for the direct upgrade would lose the perks. Winning a bid through the upgrade process would all the poster to keep their perks.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

The $200 difference is for the current inside with Free at Sea versus a sail away balcony, in which case, paying for the direct upgrade would lose the perks. Winning a bid through the upgrade process would all the poster to keep their perks.

I guess I misunderstood - I thought she said the difference in what she paid for an inside to the current balcony rate was $200 and she was willing to bid more than $115 - in which case I would have thought it would be better to just buy outright....I didn't realise it was for a sailaway without the perks....

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

I guess I misunderstood - I thought she said the difference in what she paid for an inside to the current balcony rate was $200 and she was willing to bid more than $115 - in which case I would have thought it would be better to just buy outright....I didn't realise it was for a sailaway without the perks....

I didn't realize that only sailaway's were left either until I just looked at it now. I guess I'll wait to see if I get an upgrade. If I don't oh well, I'm not that concerned. I've never had an inside room (I almost always get balconies except for one time I got a oceanview) so I hope I don't regret my decision to be a cheapskate on the room, lol. 

I'm on the 2/09 Epic sailing.  I've tried to do a bunch of mock bookings to check availability, and it looks like the ship is mostly sold out except for Getaway Balconies and Mini-Suites, so I can't really gauge how much inventory is left.  Haven is totally sold out, so it looks like opportunity to upgrade people there is limited.  Does anyone have advice on how to determine what the odds are in the scenario?

I'm hoping for an upgrade, and definitely want to put my best foot forward in the bidding process- but it might be totally moot since this seems like a full sailing.

What accounts for the difference in cabin availability shown on NCL ( for a February sailing) and on large online travel company websites? NCL is showing they are sold out of almost all categories and the onliners are showing cabins that are bookable.

6 minutes ago, Janman said:

What accounts for the difference in cabin availability shown on NCL ( for a February sailing) and on large online travel company websites? NCL is showing they are sold out of almost all categories and the onliners are showing cabins that are bookable.

I wish I knew but I have seen from watching the NCL website closely they can show sold out one minute and be back to showing availability the next. I was totally bummed out a couple months ago when a Panama Canal Id been following went sold out but was able to grab a sail away the next day. I’ve also found that working yourself into the booking pages can sometimes ultimately offer a lower price than that on the initial pricing page. Conversely, sometimes higher. It’s an erratic platform.

Our upgrade bid for the Breakaway on 1/27 was accepted yesterday. We went from family balcony to spa minisuite for $155 per person. Future hubby is pretty disappointed that one of our haven bids didn’t get accepted. We had bid well above the minimum for the aft penthouse and spa balcony rooms.  Can’t wait for our honeymoon cruise! 😁

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Erwina said:

Our upgrade bid for the Breakaway on 1/27 was accepted yesterday. We went from family balcony to spa minisuite for $155 per person. Future hubby is pretty disappointed that one of our haven bids didn’t get accepted. We had bid well above the minimum for the aft penthouse and spa balcony rooms.  Can’t wait for our honeymoon cruise! 😁

Congrats! Will you share your nonsuccessful aft penthouse bid? 

13 hours ago, Erwina said:

Thanks for the info.  We're on the 1/27 sailing awaiting word on our haven upgrade bid.  Expect those to occur next week.  The aft haven's where sold out so no surprise there weren't upgrades awarded.