Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
CC Help Michell

What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

Recommended Posts

Ours changed to “Not eligible for upgrade” just before we were notified that we had been upgraded.  Good luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, jessykaw said:

Being I will have an answer within the next 24 hours, I was wondering what my bid status will say once it is accepted or rejected. Both bids still say, “pending”.

 

I keep checking my email, credit card, and bids to look for any sign of the outcome.

 

If it is accepted, it will say "processing". If it is rejected, it will say "expired".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, 3catnight said:

Ours changed to “Not eligible for upgrade” just before we were notified that we had been upgraded.  Good luck!

 

 

On our last cruise ours changed to not eligible for upgrade and then we got the rejection email 😞

 

Our next sailing is looking pretty sold out and has been for a while so I guess hubby will have to spend the extra I put aside in the casino ( he will be very happy!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope you can advise on this.

I have an upcoming 10 day cruise with past guest perks of X2 rewards, 20 points is obviously a lot.

If my upgrade bid is accepted, will I lose the X2 (20 points) rewards and revert back to 10 Latitudes rewards?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My husband and son are on the Jade on 2/24. Just got their upgrade from inside to ocean view picture window for $60/pp. Looks like there is a ton of availability on this sailing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, LinnieRed said:

My husband and son are on the Jade on 2/24. Just got their upgrade from inside to ocean view picture window for $60/pp. Looks like there is a ton of availability on this sailing. 

Oops. That was $30/pp. total of $60. Score!

Edited by LinnieRed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, LinnieRed said:

Oops. That was $30/pp. total of $60. Score!

What a great deal!    Congrats to them:classic_cool:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Breakaway February 7th sailing

 Got upgraded from a family balcony on deck 12 to a spa balcony on deck 14 

Email came at 11:05am

New edocs and reservation confirmation from NCL at 11:35am

Bid was in the mid fair range at $175cdn per person. ($130U.S approx)

Thrilled as it would cost us  $666 Cdn to purchase spa passes for the ten days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, pixiedust777 said:

Breakaway February 7th sailing

 Got upgraded from a family balcony on deck 12 to a spa balcony on deck 14 

Email came at 11:05am

New edocs and reservation confirmation from NCL at 11:35am

Bid was in the mid fair range at $175cdn per person. ($130U.S approx)

Thrilled as it would cost us  $666 Cdn to purchase spa passes for the ten days.

Congratulations...hoping ours goes through soon, same cruise. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ziggyuk said:

I hope you can advise on this.

I have an upcoming 10 day cruise with past guest perks of X2 rewards, 20 points is obviously a lot.

If my upgrade bid is accepted, will I lose the X2 (20 points) rewards and revert back to 10 Latitudes rewards?

 

You should still receive the double points (past guest/insider offer) - you are still on the same sailing same ship

same date but in a better upgraded cabin.

If you don't receive the extra points keep track of your booking and refer it back to NCL for correction.

I had an issue awhile back and that is what you may need to do to get the points.

Keep a copy of the original booking (edocs) and the upgrading.

 

Basically you receive :

1 point for each night of the cruise

1 additional point for the past guest/insider offer sailing

If your bid results in going to a suite:

1 additional point if sailing in a suite haven or garden

 

Maximum points is 3 per night for the duration of the cruise (land package/tours do not count)

 

Bronze - 0 to 29 points

Silver - 30 to 54

Gold - 55 to 79

Platinum - 80 to 174

Platinum + - 175 to 699

Ambassador - 700 to whose counting at this point

 

Your first cruise establishes your status as Bronze

 

By your signature line you have sailed twice before:

🚤 Sailed - Norwegian Jewel 5/11/2018 Singapore - Singapore

🚤 Sailed - Norwegian Jade 2/6/2017 Southampton - Hamburg
 
Thus you are at least Bronze with 14 points adding 20 more
makes you Silver after this your next cruise.
 
Nice deal scoring $100 OBC also in this deal and the free offers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, don't-use-real-name said:

If your bid results in going to a suite:

1 additional point if sailing in a suite haven or garden

 

This is incorrect.  You only receive the extra point per day if you book directly into a suite or Haven.  If you win a bid from a balcony or mini suite, you will not get any extra points.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are on the Bliss 2/23 but haven't heard anything yet. I'm encouraged that some on other cruises that weekend are starting to get notices. Waiting to hear about Balcony or Spa Balcony. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, don't-use-real-name said:

 

You should still receive the double points (past guest/insider offer) - you are still on the same sailing same ship

same date but in a better upgraded cabin.

 

Your first cruise establishes your status as Bronze

 

By your signature line you have sailed twice before:

🚤 Sailed - Norwegian Jewel 5/11/2018 Singapore - Singapore

🚤 Sailed - Norwegian Jade 2/6/2017 Southampton - Hamburg
 
Thus you are at least Bronze with 14 points adding 20 more
makes you Silver after this your next cruise.
 
Nice deal scoring $100 OBC also in this deal and the free offers.

 

Thanks for that, great advice.

Unfortunately for me the two previous were a 2 day and a 7 day, following my next cruise I will be on 29 points, bit frustrating to be 1 point short, but that's how the cookie crumbles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So now right at about 48 hours before boarding and still nothing (shows pending)....what?!?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Both mine still say pending. Been checking all morning...like every ten minutes. No email. No charge on my credit card. Nothing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, AJ83709 said:

So now right at about 48 hours before boarding and still nothing (shows pending)....what?!?!

 

I received my rejection emails just after 1:00 pm eastern yesterday, so I am assuming they will go out around the same time today for those sailing on Sunday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Where do you see “pending” on your offer? Is it in the same place on your bid page where I see “review your offer”?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/31/2019 at 8:17 AM, TMG2014 said:

Oh next time I will just buy what I want. No more bidding for me. If I knew I could keep my spa passes or some were available to buy I would just go ahead and upgrade to the Haven, but the spa passes are not available to buy for me on the website so I am (not) patiently waiting.

 

Are you in a spa room now? Is it possible that the reason spa passes aren't available to buy for you on the website is because you already have a spa room? And that if you switched to a Haven room you would then have the option to buy them? I'd call NCL and ask.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Janman said:

Where do you see “pending” on your offer? Is it in the same place on your bid page where I see “review your offer”?

Yes, I checked Review your Offer. It shows all my bids as pending 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, gymbomb said:

 

Are you in a spa room now? Is it possible that the reason spa passes aren't available to buy for you on the website is because you already have a spa room? And that if you switched to a Haven room you would then have the option to buy them? I'd call NCL and ask.

I didn't think about that. Yes we are in a Spa Mini Suite. I will call and see if there are some available if I just direct upgrade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just checked and one of my bids now says “expired”. The other one still says “pending”.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, jessykaw said:

Just checked and one of my bids now says “expired”. The other one still says “pending”.

Now you have me wondering if they say pending the  minute you submit them?  We won't know for months, and it's already driving me crazy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, jessykaw said:

Now my balcony bid says “processing”. Does that mean we won our bid?

Awesome. Usually when it says processing it is accepted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still no charge on my credit card. No change in our cabin number. No email. Hope I have new documents by 4:00 so I can print them off before we leave.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter for a chance to win a $3,000 Norwegian Cruise Line Gift Card
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...