Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
CC Help Michell

What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Susandt said:

Is haven sold out your your cruise?  We are sailing and and only 1 haven room left so my hopes for upgrade aren’t great.

No as of right now I'm lucky. I have like 32 Haven rooms open, which is great. Hope stays that way 🙂 March 31 on Getaway.  Bliss I heard is almost all sold out Haven all the time. If that's your ship. I first went to look at Bliss but so overpriced to start.. and hardly any luck at Haven bidding 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, huntersh2 said:

No as of right now I'm lucky. I have like 32 Haven rooms open, which is great. Hope stays that way 🙂 March 31 on Getaway.  Bliss I heard is almost all sold out Haven all the time. If that's your ship. I first went to look at Bliss but so overpriced to start.. and hardly any luck at Haven bidding 

We are on the epic 3/23

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, huntersh2 said:

No as of right now I'm lucky. I have like 32 Haven rooms open, which is great. Hope stays that way 🙂 March 31 on Getaway.  Bliss I heard is almost all sold out Haven all the time. If that's your ship. I first went to look at Bliss but so overpriced to start.. and hardly any luck at Haven bidding 

We are on the epic 3/23

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nylady6712 said:

My bid was accepted for the 2/10 getaway from a minisuite to Haven courtyard penthouse!!!

Do you mind letting us know what you bid?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Successful bid on Escape 2/17. Originally booked cabin Large oceanview, deck 14. We bid on all available options as follows (all in canadian dollars):

Balcony - $75pp 

Spa Balcony - $350pp

Mini-suite - $275pp

Spa mini-suite - $700pp

 

We received the regular balcony upgrade, mid-ship, deck 14. We really wanted the spa mini suite so slight disappointment there but for the cost savings on our upgrade we will probably just buy passes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you are already booked into a haven category, can you bid to upgrade to a higher Haven category? I would love to bid on the 2BR but not sure if I would be eligible if already booked into Haven?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

If you are already booked into a haven category, can you bid to upgrade to a higher Haven category? I would love to bid on the 2BR but not sure if I would be eligible if already booked into Haven?

 

Yes you can. I just received an upgrade from a H7 (forward facing suite) to a H6 (aft facing suite). The aft facing suite is larger with a huge balcony.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, gmbhardy said:

 

Yes you can. I just received an upgrade from a H7 (forward facing suite) to a H6 (aft facing suite). The aft facing suite is larger with a huge balcony.

Great - thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/6/2019 at 12:06 PM, sc71 said:

Successful bid on Escape 2/17. Originally booked cabin Large oceanview, deck 14. We bid on all available options as follows (all in canadian dollars):

Balcony - $75pp 

Spa Balcony - $350pp

Mini-suite - $275pp

Spa mini-suite - $700pp

 

We received the regular balcony upgrade, mid-ship, deck 14. We really wanted the spa mini suite so slight disappointment there but for the cost savings on our upgrade we will probably just buy passes.

I hope we get some news soon. I am on the Escape on the 24th and I'm going crazy waiting to hear. I need to block my devices from the website because i alter my bids atleast 5 times a day. 🤷‍♂️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Mjdj1220 said:

I hope we get some news soon. I am on the Escape on the 24th and I'm going crazy waiting to hear. I need to block my devices from the website because i alter my bids atleast 5 times a day. 🤷‍♂️

Hahahah. And they (meaning NCL private company)  know that we do that (alter bids 5 x a day). Hence why they wait til 2 days out knowing they will maximize their profit margin. I bet you they have all that data that says exactly what we all do. Or If we didnt they would know we didnt and maybe grant us 2 weeks earlier so they could do more moving of the lower cabins and also keep selling all the extra cabins left. Haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, huntersh2 said:

Hahahah. And they (meaning NCL private company)  know that we do that (alter bids 5 x a day). Hence why they wait til 2 days out knowing they will maximize their profit margin. I bet you they have all that data that says exactly what we all do. Or If we didnt they would know we didnt and maybe grant us 2 weeks earlier so they could do more moving of the lower cabins and also keep selling all the extra cabins left. Haha

Totally agree. They have all our tendencies and info. That is why I am shocked when I see the people getting the acceptance 10+ days ahead of time. It messes with your head. You think "Is my bid not good enough, ok I'll change it". I started close to the minimum on one of the Haven rooms and have gone gradually higher each day. Finally today I hit my cap, no higher. 

 

MJ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Mjdj1220 said:

Totally agree. They have all our tendencies and info. That is why I am shocked when I see the people getting the acceptance 10+ days ahead of time. It messes with your head. You think "Is my bid not good enough, ok I'll change it". I started close to the minimum on one of the Haven rooms and have gone gradually higher each day. Finally today I hit my cap, no higher. 

 

MJ

Your 1000% correct.  And yes I know that head trip. I start at low and end up at more then the retail price is if I just ordered the Haven to begin with hahahahaa 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, huntersh2 said:

Your 1000% correct.  And yes I know that head trip. I start at low and end up at more then the retail price is if I just ordered the Haven to begin with hahahahaa 🙂

 

Yes, but it feels so exhilarating when you see that email that says your bid has been accepted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, gmbhardy said:

 

Yes, but it feels so exhilarating when you see that email that says your bid has been accepted.

After all this I hope I get that acceptance email. I am not a gambler and now I know why, I keep saying hit me on 20 😄

 

MJ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, huntersh2 said:

Your 1000% correct.  And yes I know that head trip. I start at low and end up at more then the retail price is if I just ordered the Haven to begin with hahahahaa 🙂

I'm still lower than what it would have cost at retail but there are still 15 more days! 🙄

 

MJ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 2/9/19 Epic booked M2 mini-suite bid on H4 2bedroom - $815/PP - email today declined bid.  The category had been showing sold out for about 4 weeks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
After all this I hope I get that acceptance email. I am not a gambler and now I know why, I keep saying hit me on 20
 
MJ





Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, shadyfish59 said:

On 2/9/19 Epic booked M2 mini-suite bid on H4 2bedroom - $815/PP - email today declined bid.  The category had been showing sold out for about 4 weeks.

Solid bid, have a great trip!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, gmbhardy said:

 

Yes, but it feels so exhilarating when you see that email that says your bid has been accepted.

Absolutely right 🙂 loved my H4 Haven (2 bedroom Villa) acceptance.  Wow, what a feeling. You have a point of why we go back 5 x a day...to make the feeling 255 x as strong haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mjdj1220 said:

After all this I hope I get that acceptance email. I am not a gambler and now I know why, I keep saying hit me on 20 😄

 

MJ

Ditto..this is why I avoid the casino. The feeling lives deep inside me and the bidding system bring it out strong! Hah

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, shadyfish59 said:

On 2/9/19 Epic booked M2 mini-suite bid on H4 2bedroom - $815/PP - email today declined bid.  The category had been showing sold out for about 4 weeks.

They accepted mine at 1510 pp. For the H4, from Mid ship Balcony. So like 300 off your price ish.. About 10 months ago in May. If you gained entrance to the H4 for 815 pp that would have been a score !! Good try I wish you luck in all your future bids.

But think positive, Have even more fun with the extra 1630 🙂

Edited by huntersh2
Add a missing sentence

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/6/2019 at 1:29 AM, MidTexHorn said:

Do you mind letting us know what you bid?

 

 900 pp from minisuite to H5 haven courtyard. We are 3 in the room but only had to pay for the first 2!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, nylady6712 said:

 

 900 pp from minisuite to H5 haven courtyard. We are 3 in the room but only had to pay for the first 2!

H5 is the Courtyard Penthouse? 900 per. What was minimum? 400 to start.? Congrats to you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, huntersh2 said:

H5 is the Courtyard Penthouse? 900 per. What was minimum? 400 to start.? Congrats to you

 yes 900 per; idk what is average

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter for a chance to win a $3,000 Norwegian Cruise Line Gift Card
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...