3 night dining package and assigned reservations

I want to reserve the three night dining package (4 persons) on an upcoming August 2018 Allure of the sea sailing. I understand why they make the reservation for you on the first or second night (less popular specialty dining nights) and I will take whatever restaurant choice they give me for that first or second night, however I want to make sure we get to dine at Chops and the Japanese restaurant as the #2 and #3 reservations. They told me I could change the assigned reservations once on the ship, but I am concerned that options will be limited once the cruise has started. Is the dining package a way to offload less desirable seatings? Am I better off reserving the specific 2 restaurants I DO want to visit and forget the savings of the package?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If you are somewhat flexibile with your desired dining times and you go to a specialty restaurant to make reservations as soon as you board, you should be OK.

I was told by RC that Izumi can’t be used in a dining package.

Izumi can be and you get a $35 Credit towards your meal. It’s Izumi Hibachi that cant be used.

For venues with a la carte pricing, package includes a $35 food credit. Participating venues and cover charge prices vary by ship; additional charges may apply for food selections. Not available on holiday sailings. Not valid for premium experiences including Chef's Table, wine pairings dinners, Izumi Hibachi experience and Mystery Dinner Theater.