Jacques Scott Cruise Duty Free

ChuckL

Has anyone used there online pre-ordering in the Cayman Islands for liquor orders or am I better off finding one of their shops on the island and making my purchase there? They carry s banana rum cream from Jamaica that cannot be purchased in the US.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was thinking of using them when I travel to GC in November, if you use them please let me know if your receive you items

I’m planning WAY AHEAD of time and won’t be in GC until 4/3/19, so please let me know if you successfully used them for purchases [emoji16]

I have continued to try to research this, and everything I have found out says that this is a VERY good price for this - far cheaper than you can get on island.

It sounded like a good price. I’m not sure if I was completely clear in my initial posting that what I’m looking for is Duty Free delivery of this to my cruise ship. The price was quoted on their “cruise” site and I wanted to know if anyone used them for this and had a successful delivery to their ship.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Awesome tip.  I just ordered a $43 bottle of Scotch from them that costs $189 at my local store.  Whoot!!  And I don't even have to go to the store, which is great with limited time on the island.  I'm super excited.  Thanks!!

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/2/2018 at 11:43 AM, bina said:

Hi Chuck,

I did not order from them, i ended up going to the liqour store across the street and when my package was delivered it was from jacques Scott Cruise duty Free  

How did the price compare to pre-ordering on line?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Beware of the small storefront on Harbor Drive opposite the cruise port entrance for tenders. It is called the RumStop. 

There are numerous warnings posted on the shop's windows for passengers of Disney, MSC, and several other cruise lines about how these cruise lines do not permit purchases from this shop - with good reason. 

Inside, there is a vast selection of just about anything you may want, but they are only props - you order at the desk and your order is delivered to the ship prior to departure. Of course, you won't see your order until the last night on most cruise ships. The prices are the lowest I have ever seen and therein lies the warning.

If you Google the shop, you will see several 1 star reviews by people who have been scammed by this outfit. As for myself, my order was delivered half correct, with the bad half being a product far less costly than what I ordered. The attached receipt is correct to my order. Numerous attempts to contact them have been fruitless. I did stop payment on the CC and am awaiting the CC investigation results.

There are many other places to purchase well-priced liquor where you will walk away with your purchase. AVOID RUMSTOP!