Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
gullcruiser

Hotels near airport & port-Miami

Recommended Posts

There are 12 of us traveling and we need a hotel with airport transportation along with transportation to the port. There will be five children so a pool is necessary! Also walking distance to restaurants and shops.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd love to know if you found a solution. From my years of researching hotel and transportation options when we travel to Miami, there is no in-between. You essentially have to choose if you want transportation from the airport or transportation to/from the port when choosing a Miami hotel. We usually stay closer to the airport to get the airport shuttle but close enough to the port where a Lyft ride is fairly affordable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/17/2020 at 8:10 AM, saharaga said:

We usually stay closer to the airport to get the airport shuttle but close enough to the port where a Lyft ride is fairly affordable. 

How much is fairly affordable?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/6/2018 at 8:22 AM, gullcruiser said:

There are 12 of us traveling and we need a hotel with airport transportation along with transportation to the port. There will be five children so a pool is necessary! Also walking distance to restaurants and shops.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Assuming that you are flying onto MIA an dnot FLL?

 

Your best bet is either the Hampton Inn or Homewood Suites in the Blue Lagoon area near MIA - free airport shuttles and they can set you up for a shared shuttle to POM for a fee.  There is a local strip mall across the street form the Hampton Inn (about a 5 min walk from the Homewood) with dining, fast food, and shopping options (grocery store, drug store, liquor store 😎).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/21/2020 at 1:39 AM, toras said:

How much is fairly affordable?

 

We usually stay at the Residence Inn Miami Airport. A Lyft to the port from there is around $10 to $15, depending on the ride option you choose. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We made reservations at the Miami Airport North Comfort Inn Suites. It has shuttle from the airport and a free shuttle to the Port. 

The shuttle to the cruise port is a contracted service the hotel pays for. Return trip is not included. I have not found any reviews from anyone who has used this service though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/23/2020 at 1:41 PM, saharaga said:

 

We usually stay at the Residence Inn Miami Airport. A Lyft to the port from there is around $10 to $15, depending on the ride option you choose. 

I just checked their rates, very affordable.  Thank you

I just started my research, just wondering if it's best to stay at airport for 2 days pre-cruise, hotels seem cheaper, or downtown near the action.  If staying near the airport, how much is a ride to downtown?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, red-dragon said:

I just checked their rates, very affordable.  Thank you

I just started my research, just wondering if it's best to stay at airport for 2 days pre-cruise, hotels seem cheaper, or downtown near the action.  If staying near the airport, how much is a ride to downtown?  

Lyft or UberX will be about $15+ to downtown, depending upon where you want to go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, JohninDC said:

Lyft or UberX will be about $15+ to downtown, depending upon where you want to go.

Thank you so much John.  Staying near the airport might not work out for us then.  We've never been to Miami and would like to stay close to restaurants, shopping, stores to grab last minute items ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/1/2020 at 1:09 PM, red-dragon said:

Thank you so much John.  Staying near the airport might not work out for us then.  We've never been to Miami and would like to stay close to restaurants, shopping, stores to grab last minute items ...

 

Brickell or Biscayne area hotels may be best for you then. The Residence Inn Miami Airport is within walking distance of  CVS and a great Latin restaurant, but not much else. There is a smaller local shopping center one or two blocks away but not the best spot if you're planning to do major shopping.

Edited by saharaga

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/8/2020 at 7:37 AM, saharaga said:

 

Brickell or Biscayne area hotels may be best for you then. The Residence Inn Miami Airport is within walking distance of  CVS and a great Latin restaurant, but not much else. There is a smaller local shopping center one or two blocks away but not the best spot if you're planning to do major shopping.

Thank you!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/1/2020 at 1:09 PM, red-dragon said:

Thank you so much John.  Staying near the airport might not work out for us then.  We've never been to Miami and would like to stay close to restaurants, shopping, stores to grab last minute items ...

 Find a hotel in Brickell or Downtown Miami. Don't sweat the cruise shuttle. You can split some Ubers for $10/each. The port is basically in Downtown Miami. Hampton Inn Brickell is a very popular choice, always great reviews and fantastic location. 

 

For 12-people, again you are talking about 2-3 Ubers/Taxis. Maybe two taxis if you ask for two large SUV/Van taxis. The SUV/van cost the same as a regular sedan. 

 

If you want to enjoy Miami at all, don't stay by the airport to try to save $50 on transport. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/19/2020 at 10:42 AM, Flymia said:

 Find a hotel in Brickell or Downtown Miami. Don't sweat the cruise shuttle. You can split some Ubers for $10/each. The port is basically in Downtown Miami. Hampton Inn Brickell is a very popular choice, always great reviews and fantastic location. 

 

For 12-people, again you are talking about 2-3 Ubers/Taxis. Maybe two taxis if you ask for two large SUV/Van taxis. The SUV/van cost the same as a regular sedan. 

 

If you want to enjoy Miami at all, don't stay by the airport to try to save $50 on transport. 

Thank you.  It would be nice to experience Miami, can't find rates for Hampton Inn Brickell yet (we're too far out), but I have it bookmarked!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/1/2020 at 12:32 PM, red-dragon said:

I just checked their rates, very affordable.  Thank you

I just started my research, just wondering if it's best to stay at airport for 2 days pre-cruise, hotels seem cheaper, or downtown near the action.  If staying near the airport, how much is a ride to downtown?  

Don't stay out by the airport for two nights or if you actually want to see any of Miami.

 

Downtown, Brickell, Coconut Grove, Coral Gables, Key Biscayne or out on the beaches would be my choice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BlueHerons said:

Don't stay out by the airport for two nights or if you actually want to see any of Miami.

 

Downtown, Brickell, Coconut Grove, Coral Gables, Key Biscayne or out on the beaches would be my choice.

Thanks, yes, changed my mind from when I first posted this!  Much appreciated!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Following this. We sail out in Jan 2021 and one of us really wants to experiance Miami. We are there the day before and staying one more night the day we disembark. It has been hard to find info on Miami.

 

Bobbie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bjcruiser said:

Following this. We sail out in Jan 2021 and one of us really wants to experiance Miami. We are there the day before and staying one more night the day we disembark. It has been hard to find info on Miami.

 

Bobbie

The most often suggested downtown Miami hotels include Hampton Inn Mary Brickell, Intercontinental, Hyatt, Holiday Inn, Doubletree and next door Marriott.  Or choose a hotel in Miami Beach - the South Beach area is the Miami that you see in the movies and TV shows.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are thinking of staying at the hampton inn brickell...how would we get to the beach from there and is there public access?  Also is Uber the best route to the port?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, EeyoreRN said:

We are thinking of staying at the hampton inn brickell...how would we get to the beach from there and is there public access?  Also is Uber the best route to the port?

Uber is you best bet to get to the beach and port

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with the Quark Expeditions Team!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...