I am thinking about getting eyelash extensions for my upcoming cruise to glam up my look a bit. But I'm feeling a little unsure if I will like them or not. I guess I'm worried they will bother me or I'll end up damaging them.

Has anyone had these and what is your experience?

Cruise is in 2 weeks so I'm running out of time to decide!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

Try the magnetic eyelashes instead. Very easy

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My sister had the magnetic ones. They were terrible. Not shaped right and fell off all the time. A co worker had the extensions and while everyone told her how great they looked she said never again! Too many restrictions on what make up you use and how you clean your face and ect..

Sent from my LGMP450 using Forums mobile app

If you want to try them, do it well before your cruise...be terrible to get on the ship, and not like them, or have an issue. Try them at home, where you can get things "fixed"!

I'm a big fan of eyelash extensions. I don't like to deal with putting on false lashes everyday so to me it's worth it to get the extensions and I get them done every 2 weeks

I used to get mine permed and died and it worked really well (do they even do that anymore??). I've never done the extensions but considering it too especially since I wear less make up on the cruise.

I got them once. I loved them at first. Toxicfairy is correct. You have to be very aware of how you you put on makeup and clean your face. The worst part is when you don't want them anymore...… You have to let them fall off naturally, sparatically, if you want to keep your own eyelashes intact. I am with her..... NEVER again. I now use Latisse ( although that takes months ).

Thanks for all the comments! I think I'm going to stick with my gut feeling of NO on the lashes for now. As pretty as they look I think they will drive me crazy and I can't keep up with the upkeep for them. Going to get some nice mascara instead!

I used to get mine permed and died and it worked really well (do they even do that anymore??). I've never done the extensions but considering it too especially since I wear less make up on the cruise.
Yes they do this! I think they call it a lash lift. I've thought about trying this too.

I have extensions. I get fills every three weeks. I love them. Cleaning isnt a problem once you get used to a news routine and you will need much less eye makeup

yes, they now call it a 'lash lift' - great for the summer and cruising since I do not have to wear mascara during the day. If I want to glam it up for the night I add some mascara.

I love my extensions! I love being able to wake up and all I need is lipstick to look fine. Can’t wait to try them on a cruise. You won’t even know you have them on, they are so light. Just please research the person you go to. Thee are a lot of people doing the extensions that don’t know what they are doing. If you find a reputable person, you will love your lashes, and be hooked!