Transportation from MCO to Port Canaveral cruise port

Ajproctor

Has anyone used Uber from MCO airport to Port Canaveral Cruise Terminal?

Every cruise day many folks use Uber and Lyft to/from the Port. It is not the most cost effective transport due to the airport distance when only 1 or 2 but it is reliable and convenient.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Has anyone used Uber from MCO airport to Port Canaveral Cruise Terminal?
Look online for cruise transports from MCO to Port Canaveral. There are numerous private companies that do it & I would think they are cheaper than Uber or Lyft. They also offer round trip rates. It's been awhile since we did it, but our rate was like $26 pp round trip.

If I can find the name of the shuttle company we used, I will get back to you! They were on time, super nice & a comfortable ride. It's about a 45 min to 1 hour drive. They will also pick up at hotels as well.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Forums mobile app

The one uncertainty with Uber/Lyft is the actual size/type of vehicle that shows up! You could be surprised with a larger vehicle because the drivers can accept rides wanting a smaller vehicle (UberXL can accept UberX but UberX cannot accept UberXL). But you can also get a small car!

I recommend you call for UberXL. About $86 versus $60 for UberX. Surge rates are unusual but can happen though.

How about pricing a one-way rental car? Sometimes you get deals as low as $60 or thereabouts.

Goportcanaveral shared shuttle cost $68 in a large bus.

Also shared shuttles such as Cortrans will only cost $80 for all of you and you have no worries.

The shared shuttles stop running around 1-2 pm however.

Edited by SteerageJoe

Look online for cruise transports from MCO to Port Canaveral. There are numerous private companies that do it & I would think they are cheaper than Uber or Lyft. They also offer round trip rates. It's been awhile since we did it, but our rate was like $26 pp round trip.

If I can find the name of the shuttle company we used, I will get back to you! They were on time, super nice & a comfortable ride. It's about a 45 min to 1 hour drive. They will also pick up at hotels as well.

Ok I just looked it up. Prices have gone up since last time we did it! Cortrans shuttle service is $20 pp one way, $40 pp RT. Rated 5 stars.

Travel Orlando transportation - same fare rate, but poorly rated on service.

Port Canaveral Shuttle Connection - same fare rate.

The good thing about these shuttles is you don't worry about the size of the vehicle you're getting!

You tell them how many people in your party, how many pieces of luggage & they do the rest! Some will attach a trailer to the van

if they have a lot of luggage.

Good luck! Happy sails!

We were planning on using UberXL when we arrive in Nov. Estimated costs of about 80-90 for four with luggage was found to be cheaper then most transit services for 4 people. I will check on the services listed here. We are staying at the Comfort Inn near the port and they do transit for $5 per person from the hotel to the port in the morning

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

I would take another look at a one-way rental, especially if you want to stop and shop on the way. As suggested above, costs will vary but around $50-60 for the day split between 4 is a good deal; bring a few dollars in quarters for the tolls. All of the car rental agencies in PC/Cocoa Beach will shuttle you to the port after you drop off the car.

Post cruise, unless your flight leaves after about 2:00 I would not bother with a rental - just use a shuttle or UberXL.

Have a great cruise! :D