Current Cruise Director (CD) List

I spoke with Dennis Charles on the Anthem last week. He is going to be doing the fill-ins for both Harmony and Symphony after he comes back from vacation. I guess he will be alternating between those two ships when the regular CDs are on break.

5 minutes ago, Cruzin-K said:

I spoke with Dennis Charles on the Anthem last week. He is going to be doing the fill-ins for both Harmony and Symphony after he comes back from vacation. I guess he will be alternating between those two ships when the regular CDs are on break.

Did he say what date he is joining HM? I've read some negative reviews of him on AN so I'm surprised that he is going to the Oasis Class.

I'm sailing HM 6/30 and 7/7 which may coincide with his arrival.

Edited by CruisingJoe09

I didn't get exact dates. I've always liked Dennis. He's been my cruise director on four different cruises now. Yes, some of the jokes get old after a while. But he's a very nice guy and full of energy.

Sounds like Mike Szwajkowski will be CD on Symphony until end of August then and not Dennis?  We had Dennis 2x on Anthem recently and he is really not great.  First time we had him, fortunately the Activities director from Wales and the guy from Spectra ran many of the events and were amazing.  Second cruise, Dennis did most of the events and they were awkward and just not great.  The programming on that second cruise was really off and seemed so haphazard--maybe just a fluke, but won't be thrilled if we have him yet again on Symphony unless others on team run most of the events.

1 minute ago, brookmill18 said:

Sounds like Mike Szwajkowski will be CD on Symphony until end of August then and not Dennis?  We had Dennis 2x on Anthem recently and he is really not great.  First time we had him, fortunately the Activities director from Wales and the guy from Spectra ran many of the events and were amazing.  Second cruise, Dennis did most of the events and they were awkward and just not great.  The programming on that second cruise was really off and seemed so haphazard--maybe just a fluke, but won't be thrilled if we have him yet again on Symphony unless others on team run most of the events.

No idea what the dates will be. Mike has said that he will be on SY until August 17th but that would mean that Marc only gets a 1 month vacation from HM.

1 hour ago, CruisingJoe09 said:

No idea what the dates will be. Mike has said that he will be on SY until August 17th but that would mean that Marc only gets a 1 month vacation from HM.

Who is cruise director on Rhapsody Of The Seas we are on her on 6/7/2019 out of Venice but can’t see any details can anyone help thanks

Just now, cocker spaniel said:

Who is cruise director on Rhapsody Of The Seas we are on her on 6/7/2019 out of Venice but can’t see any details can anyone help thanks

As far as we know, Bill is still on the RH but he may be due for vacation soon so no idea. Does anyone know who will be the next CD on RH?

3 hours ago, CruisingJoe09 said:

As far as we know, Bill is still on the RH but he may be due for vacation soon so no idea. Does anyone know who will be the next CD on RH?

Oh I like him hope he is still there when we board in june

Oh

On 3/2/2019 at 3:16 PM, Paulette3028 said:

A cruiser just informed me that Hugo Arenas is on their 3/1/19 sailing as CD.  He probably started when the ship came out of refurb on 2/24.   I have sent Hugo a private message to learn how long he will be onboard Navigator.  Hopefully he will answer -- we sailed with him twice --once as AM and another time as CD.    Bundle of energy!!!! 

I love him so much!! Was so happy to see he'll be on the Navigator when we go in May! <3 He was on Mariner last time we were on her and was SO much fun!

Harmony update - Marc is returning September 29th (not sure of the date he leaves yet). It was already said that Mike would be on SY until August 17th so if Dennis is doing the HM/SY vacation rotation, then he's double booked.

Edited by CruisingJoe09

15 hours ago, DELTABLUE said:

If no one gets the answer for Grandeur soon, I'm heading there in 26 days!  I'll get what info I can from John, if he knows who will cover for him. Hold tight!

Thank you! I gave up asking a few weeks back. IIRC someone posted then that at that time it hadn't been decided or at least not known to John Blair. 

Just now, brendapap said:

Does anyone know who the cruise director will be on Carnival Liberty Oct. 31, 2019. and if they have an email address. Thank you

This is the Royal Caribbean forum, you'll have to head over to the Carnival forum for that info.

1 minute ago, brendapap said:

Does anyone know who the cruise director will be on Carnival Liberty Oct. 31, 2019. and if they have an email address. Thank you

You might want to ask that question on the Carnival boards.  This is for Royal Caribbean.

However, the odds are good they're going by some made-up nickname vs their real name.

We loved our CD on The Adventure last summer! She made the trip so much fun! It was "Hello Chlo..." Her Assistant was "Magic Marvin".... Both super fun!

This year it looks like we might have Dan Whitney and I'd love to hear feedback on what to expect from him as a CD? Don't get me wrong, we will love the cruise either way, but it would be nice to know! 

Thanks in advance!