Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
DonnaK

Current Cruise Director (CD) List

Recommended Posts

21 hours ago, BCCarty85 said:

The Activities Manager on Anthem is “Tornado” Tanya Yates.

Just off the 11/17-11/25 Anthem sailing, and CD was Tornado Tanya as BCCarty noted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, powelweb said:

Just off the 11/17-11/25 Anthem sailing, and CD was Tornado Tanya as BCCarty noted.

 

ADVENTURE:  Mercedes Lafuente  November 24
ALLURE Jimmy Rhodes November 4 until early March
ANTHEM Tanya Yates until January 6, then Dennis Charles returns January 6
BRILLIANCEChris Brown September 22 until late January
EMPRESS:  Bobby Broughton  November 11 (for 4 months?)
ENCHANTMENT:   WHO IS THE CURRENT CD?
EXPLORER: Graham Seymour July 27 until until sometime in January, then returning in March after a short break. (exact dates? who is covering Graham's break?)
FREEDOM: Drew Devine September 29 until late January
GRANDEUR: Mike Szwajkowski Oct 20 until February 14, then John Blair
HARMONY:  Michele Scarpato October 27 until sometime in February.
INDEPENDENCE:   Ken Jones (until when? sometime in December?)  then Jamie Fentiman (need handover date)
JEWEL:  Simona Ferraiuolo early November (until when, then who?)
LIBERTY: Marc Walker July 22 until January 13
MARINER: Hugo Arenas until December 3, then Ricky Matthews December 3 until January 10.
MAJESTY: Patricio Honores until sometime in January
NAVIGATOR:   Rob McNally  November 23
OASIS:  Dan Whitney November 4 (for 4 months?)
OVATIONMike Hunnerup until November 28. Joff Eaton returns November 28 for the Australian season.
QUANTUM: Who is the current CD? Fang Lixin or Paul Rutter? 
RADIANCE: John Blair August 10 until January 14, then Cuddy Cudworth
RHAPSODY: Elvis Pinto August 25 until late-December (exact date? Then who?)
SERENADE: Carly Boileau September 23 until Late November (exact date? then who?)
SYMPHONY: Abe Hughes November 9 until January 5, then Bobby Brown 
VISION:   Steve Davis early October for 4 months.
VOYAGER: Ricky Matthews late September until December 3 (then who?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, mets123 said:

Does anyone know what really happened to Dru?

 

Tanya said at the Meet and Mingle for the 11/17 cruise that Dru left indefinitely on emergency leave. He left when the ship docked in Bayonne for the 11/17 cruise. The compass referenced him until around day 3 when they got stuff updated. I think everything else is speculation at this point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, MonaCK said:

Wait - so Dennis is back on the Anthem now instead of the beginning of January? It's not still the activities director?

 

I'm very sorry to hear about Dru. We got to sail with him twice - and I really liked him. Dennis I don't like as much (felt he was a little bit too full of himself and heard him talking down to his staff, which I really didn't like) but that's ok. it won't make or break a cruise for us.

 

Felt the exact same way about Dennis! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone have any information about who the CD could be for the new ship … Spectrum?  Who has done the takeouts on Harmony and Symphony? Or could it be someone who is more familiar with Quantum class ships?

Are there any CDs working in HQ who could be the takeout CD?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Miamia65 said:

Does anyone have any information about who the CD could be for the new ship … Spectrum?  Who has done the takeouts on Harmony and Symphony? Or could it be someone who is more familiar with Quantum class ships?

Are there any CDs working in HQ who could be the takeout CD?

 

Too early to speculate on Spectrum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Miamia65 said:

Does anyone have any information about who the CD could be for the new ship … Spectrum?  Who has done the takeouts on Harmony and Symphony? Or could it be someone who is more familiar with Quantum class ships?

Are there any CDs working in HQ who could be the takeout CD?

Ken Rush did Harmony then went to Miami HQ. Bobby Brown was for Symphony. He doesn't have Quantum Class experience but if he leaves SY in March, it is possible.

 

I thought it would be Dru, but I guess not.

 

I do know of a CD who will be assigned to Spectrum at some point, but no idea if they are the takeout CD.

Edited by CruisingJoe09

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Miamia65 said:

Does anyone have any information about who the CD could be for the new ship … Spectrum?  Who has done the takeouts on Harmony and Symphony? Or could it be someone who is more familiar with Quantum class ships?

Are there any CDs working in HQ who could be the takeout CD?

Ken Rush did Harmony then went to Miami HQ. Bobby Brown was for Symphony. He doesn't have Quantum Class experience but if he leaves SY in March, it is possible.

 

I thought it would be Dru, but I guess not.

 

I do know of a CD who will be assigned to Spectrum at some point, but no idea if they are the takeout CD.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, CruisingJoe09 said:

Ken Rush did Harmony then went to Miami HQ. Bobby Brown was for Symphony. He doesn't have Quantum Class experience but if he leaves SY in March, it is possible.

 

I thought it would be Dru, but I guess not.

 

I do know of a CD who will be assigned to Spectrum at some point, but no idea if they are the takeout CD.

Who Is the CD who you know will be assigned to spectrum , please share 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The transfer to the North Sea is scheduled for early March, to start her sea trails! According to Meyer Werft website updates

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, CruisingJoe09 said:

The ship is out in 4.5 months. Not at all too early.

 

Does the CD join the ship for sea trials? If so that will be 3 months away ... inaugural sailing is 4.5 months away!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jimmy Rhodes has Quantum experience and his contract on Allure finishes early March, so he’s a possibility.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Miamia65 said:

Jimmy Rhodes has Quantum experience and his contract on Allure finishes early March, so he’s a possibility.

Spectrum's first sailings are in April, so I wouldn't count on that.

 

To answer your question, it varies, but CD's tend to join the ship around 6-10 weeks before sailing. On Symphony, there were 2 Cruise Directors. I believe Bobby arrived end of January/early February and Michele came mid March with the first sailing being March 31st.

Edited by CruisingJoe09

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, CruisingJoe09 said:

Spectrum's first sailings are in April, so I wouldn't count on that.

 

To answer your question, it varies, but CD's tend to join the ship around 6-10 weeks before sailing. On Symphony, there were 2 Cruise Directors. I believe Bobby arrived end of January/early February and Michele came mid March with the first sailing being March 31st.

 

 

Understand that, so who have you heard will be the CD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I heard a rumour that Gordon Whatman will be there, but when it was QN and OV, he took over after the repositioning and he isn't a full time CD so probably won't do the takeout.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/25/2018 at 8:30 PM, DonnaK said:

 

ADVENTURE:  Mercedes Lafuente  November 24
ALLURE Jimmy Rhodes November 4 until early March
ANTHEM Tanya Yates until January 6, then Dennis Charles returns January 6
BRILLIANCEChris Brown September 22 until late January
EMPRESS:  Bobby Broughton  November 11 (for 4 months?)
ENCHANTMENT:   WHO IS THE CURRENT CD?
EXPLORER: Graham Seymour July 27 until until sometime in January, then returning in March after a short break. (exact dates? who is covering Graham's break?)
FREEDOM: Drew Devine September 29 until late January
GRANDEUR: Mike Szwajkowski Oct 20 until February 14, then John Blair
HARMONY:  Michele Scarpato October 27 until sometime in February.
INDEPENDENCE:   Ken Jones (until when? sometime in December?)  then Jamie Fentiman (need handover date)
JEWEL:  Simona Ferraiuolo early November (until when, then who?)
LIBERTY: Marc Walker July 22 until January 13
MARINER: Hugo Arenas until December 3, then Ricky Matthews December 3 until January 10.
MAJESTY: Patricio Honores until sometime in January
NAVIGATOR:   Rob McNally  November 23
OASIS:  Dan Whitney November 4 (for 4 months?)
OVATIONMike Hunnerup until November 28. Joff Eaton returns November 28 for the Australian season.
QUANTUM: Who is the current CD? Fang Lixin or Paul Rutter? 
RADIANCE: John Blair August 10 until January 14, then Cuddy Cudworth
RHAPSODY: Elvis Pinto August 25 until late-December (exact date? Then who?)
SERENADE: Carly Boileau September 23 until Late November (exact date? then who?)
SYMPHONY: Abe Hughes November 9 until January 5, then Bobby Brown 
VISION:   Steve Davis early October for 4 months.
VOYAGER: Ricky Matthews late September until December 3 (then who?)

 

I was on the 11/23-11/26 sailing on Enchantment and "Cruizin" Susan was still the CD. I don't have any information though about when she is leaving. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On the Serenade Carly B signed off today and Andrea Olivieri is taking over. Carly is coming back sometime in Jan I believe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From Marc Walker's FB:

 I’m heading back home to join Mariner 3/4 day out of Port Canaveral:) 3/18/19-rest of year. It’s been 18 months since I left there and it’s been tough on me and the kids. Very glad my request was granted. Loved it out of Texas, but I miss my family and friends. Hope to see you all there as we christen Perfect Day in CocoCay. Xxx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got on Quantum today. The cruise director is Paul Rutter. Will try to find out more tomorrow and post an update when we get to Nagasaki on Monday.

 

Corinna

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ADVENTURE:  Mercedes Lafuente  November 24
ALLURE Jimmy Rhodes November 4 until early March
ANTHEM Tanya Yates until January 6, then Dennis Charles returns January 6
BRILLIANCEChris Brown September 22 until late January
EMPRESS:  Bobby Broughton  November 11 (for 4 months?)
ENCHANTMENT:   Susan Adams is due to sign off - who is the next CD and what is the handover date?
EXPLORER: Graham Seymour July 27 until until sometime in January, then returning in March after a short break. (exact dates? who is covering Graham's break?)
FREEDOM: Drew Devine September 29 until late January
GRANDEUR: Mike Szwajkowski Oct 20 until February 23, then John Blair February 23 until June 13, and August 8 until November 30
HARMONY:  Michele Scarpato October 27 until sometime in February.
INDEPENDENCE:   Ken Jones (until when? sometime in December?)  then Jamie Fentiman (need handover date)
JEWEL:  Simona Ferraiuolo early November (until when, then who?)
LIBERTY: Marc Walker July 22 until January 13
MARINER: Hugo Arenas until December 3, then Ricky Matthews December 3 until January 10.  (Who will be the CD January 10 through March 18?)  Mark Walker March 18 until the end of 2019
MAJESTY: Patricio Honores until sometime in January
NAVIGATOR:   Rob McNally  November 23 (until when?)
OASIS:  Dan Whitney November 4 (for 4 months?)
OVATION:  Joff Eaton  November 28 for the Australian season.
QUANTUM: Paul Rutter
RADIANCE: John Blair August 10 until January 14, then Cuddy Cudworth
RHAPSODY: Elvis Pinto August 25 until late-December (exact date? Then who?)
SERENADE: Andrea Olivieri November 30 until mid-to-late January, then Carly Boileau
SYMPHONY: Abe Hughes November 9 until January 5, then Bobby Brown 
VISION:   Steve Davis early October for 4 months.
VOYAGER: Ricky Matthews late September until December 3 (then who?)

Edited by DonnaK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A thread in one of the Anthem of the Seas groups on Facebook has Dennis Charles already back as cruise director.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter for a chance to win a $3,000 Norwegian Cruise Line Gift Card
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...