Current Cruise Director (CD) List

On 1/28/2019 at 6:23 AM, Blue Eyed Belfast Belle said:

Hi all...2 questions 1) Has anyone sailed with Enzo Matijaca before? He is down to be CD on Brilliance and I see he previously was an Activities Manager. and 2) Any ideas who will be the CD for the Oasis Spring Transatlantic? TIA

Yes, we had Enzo on Liberty right before Christmas ( I think it was his first week as CD after AM) and he was great.  Spoke with him a few times and he is very personable and funny.  I hope you enjoy him!

I’m looking forward to seeing the activities directors getting to step up and step into being the CD during our next cruise. The CD ‘s get to enjoy Miami for the conference and return refreshed and inspired.

We get young guns trying to make their mark with RCL.

Not a bad thing.

I have often enjoyed the AM prior to becoming the CD. Remember Topi Yloden as a wonderful AM. Recently on Visions the lovely Talita Leone was a fantastic AM. My wife was exhausted from dancing with Talita for 14 nights transatlantic. 

This is a great experience for the AM and passengers.

1 hour ago, pmfan said:

You have Marc Walker on both the Harmony and Mariner. Anyone know for sure where he will be on September 22?

According to Mark he will be assigned to Harmony and will be bringing her to Port Canaveral in May. Don't know his vacation schedule after that. He is happy that he will see the family every weekend with this reassignment.

Donna...I'm not able to step into your huge shoes but want to say how grateful I am for all the time and effort you have put into maintaining this list.  While not important to some, to some of us, this is info we want and need to know. 😉  Merci beaucoup!

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Just got off the ovation,Joff Eaton said he was leaving the ovation in two weeks time and going to Miami.

I was going to ask him who would be taking over but didn’t get around to it.

This past August-Sept 2018, Chuck and I spent several cruises with Joff on the Indy out of Southampton.

What did you think of him in Australia?

2 minutes ago, SailingShelley said:

This past August-Sept 2018, Chuck and I spent several cruises with Joff on the Indy out of Southampton.

What did you think of him in Australia?

This was our 5th cruise on the Ovation with Joff.

I’m glad you asked me ,

My thoughts on Joff have turned around as in the past we found him to be not so good.

In the past we hardly saw him and found him not to be very interactive with the passages and a little sour.

But this last cruise he was a pure delight,we regularly saw him in the promenade chatting with passengers,welcoming people into shows and quite bubbly and fun.

Maybe he is hyped up about Miami.

24 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

This was our 5th cruise on the Ovation with Joff.

I’m glad you asked me ,

My thoughts on Joff have turned around as in the past we found him to be not so good.

In the past we hardly saw him and found him not to be very interactive with the passages and a little sour.

But this last cruise he was a pure delight,we regularly saw him in the promenade chatting with passengers,welcoming people into shows and quite bubbly and fun.

Maybe he is hyped up about Miami.

Do you know what ship he is boarding in Miami?

Chuck and I were a minority being on the Indy for 42 days -5 cruises all starting in Southampton. There were mixed feelings from the majority of Brits but we met some that adored him! Our feelings, not so much! He just seemed "strange" but we were thinking it was our lack of British understanding. He got off the Indy in September for his break and I'm thinking he got on the Ovation after that.

4 minutes ago, SailingShelley said:

Do you know what ship he is boarding in Miami?

Chuck and I were a minority being on the Indy for 42 days -5 cruises all starting in Southampton. There were mixed feelings from the majority of Brits but we met some that adored him! Our feelings, not so much! He just seemed "strange" but we were thinking it was our lack of British understanding. He got off the Indy in September for his break and I'm thinking he got on the Ovation after that.

I don’t know if he is joining another ship?

From what I’ve read there’s a convention in Miami?

As you said most people adore him ( I’ve received some scathing replies because I don’t) but I suppose you can’t appeal to everyone.

Joff's style is very British. As a Brit, I love him but can see why his style may confuse an American. Him and Abe Hughes are my 2 favourites, even though they bring two completely different CD styles to the table.

As for Miami, there is the Cruise Director's conference going on.

Edited by CruisingJoe09

2 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

I don’t know if he is joining another ship?

From what I’ve read there’s a convention in Miami?

As you said most people adore him ( I’ve received some scathing replies because I don’t) but I suppose you can’t appeal to everyone.

Well, I am with you! If he is not on any of my future cruises, I'm alright with that!:classic_rolleyes:

15 hours ago, CruisingJoe09 said:

Joff's style is very British. As a Brit, I love him but can see why his style may confuse an American. Him and Abe Hughes are my 2 favourites, even though they bring two completely different CD styles to the table.

As for Miami, there is the Cruise Director's conference going on.

We are not Brits...we're Americans...and Joff and Abe are the best 2 cruise directors on our 10 cruises to date...hands down. We just had Joff in December on Ovation - he was simply a tireless CD who entertained without coming across phony, arrogant, or scripted. Abe is the consummate professional, intelligent, and entertains without sounding like a cookie-cutter comedian.

If we've learned anything from experiencing various CD's...its that it is a tough and physically strenuous job.

We feel fortunate to have experienced both of them in recent times - they represent RCI in the best ways.

Edited by CRUISEFAN0001
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

We are not Brits...we're Americans...and Joff and Abe are the best 2 cruise directors on our 10 cruises to date...hands down. We just had Joff in December on Ovation - he was simply a tireless CD who entertained without coming across phony, arrogant, or scripted. Abe is the consummate professional, intelligent, and entertains without sounding like a cookie-cutter comedian.

If we've learned anything from experiencing various CD's...its that it is a tough and physically strenuous job.

We feel fortunate to have experienced both of them in recent times - they represent RCI in the best ways.

The great experiences we have had in our 3 decades of cruising over 30 trips (25 with RCCL) is that there is always a variety. Obviously, it is all a matter of taste, we have never experienced any directors to be arrogant as you put it. A lot has to do with your own approach.  We do find that some CDs immerse themselves more in to the cruise and that can be understandable depending on the guest demographics and how far in to their contract. they are.  We found that the comedians on the British based ship were in fact the most "cookie cutterish" of all!  During our five back to back experience on the Indy this past summer (42 wonderful nights), the different guest entertainers All told the same British cruise jokes! 😲

Edited by SailingShelley
spelling

I'm on the Ovation now, day 3 of cruise, and was very disappointed to find no Joff! Rotten timing, with the Miami CD conference going on! Even two members of staff told us upon boarding that the CD for this cruise was Joff. Wrong... it's Angelle, who is lovely but I guess that means I won't get to experience all the fun things I'm told she does in her usual role.

I'm Australian, relate to the British, enjoy the sense of humour, and have loved what I've seen of Joff on Youtube videos. I've been anticipating for months both the ship and Joff as the CD. So seems we'll have to book on the Ovation again. 

4 minutes ago, bilyclub said:

Ken Jones is not on the Adventure for the 02 Feb sailing. Cian Mac Cormac is the CD.

Ken's currently at the Cruise Director conference as are all of the other CD's.

AM's are filling in on the ships although Comedy Host Simeon has taken on CD duties on SY. He would be hilarious - they need to make him a full time CD.

Edited by CruisingJoe09
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, CruisingJoe09 said:

AM's are filling in on the ships although Comedy Host Simeon has taken on CD duties on SY. He would be hilarious - they need to make him a full time CD.

From what I heard about Ken Jones, we got the better of the two.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, CruisingJoe09 said:

I agree about Simeon!!  We had him on Harmony a couple of years ago (same week as conference) and thought he was wonderful!