Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
DonnaK

Current Cruise Director (CD) List

Recommended Posts

On 2/6/2019 at 6:20 AM, JBSteelerfan said:

 

I agree about Simeon!!  We had him on Harmony a couple of years ago (same week as conference) and thought he was wonderful!

At first we thought Simeon was annoying... but then grew to love him!  Wouldn’t mind having him again 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Going on the Jewel  Feb 15. Who is the CD ?

Where is Abe Hughes these days? He is one of the best!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Greek cruiser said:

Who will be the cruise director on the Navaigator of the Seas for the March 1, 2019 sailing please. 

 

Thank you for letting me know.

 

Also, this is a 10 day cruise. How many formal nights are there and when would they be? 

2 formal nights on a 10 day cruise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, truffles2 said:

I haven’t sailed with Gordon in years either, Karen, but really liked him.  He was CD on the first ever Crown And Anchor cruise on Vision in 1998 and after that pretty much owned Radiance for years.  I would love to sail with him again.

 

When Captain Kent Ringborn retired from Radiance (2005?), he, Gordon, and Bobby Arvon did the entertainment one night in the theater.  It was one of the best shows I've ever seen.  The staging consisted of them sitting on 3 barstools, swapping stories and songs.

 

1 minute ago, Arzeena said:

Going on the Jewel  Feb 15. Who is the CD ?

Where is Abe Hughes these days? He is one of the best!

 

Abe is on vacation from Symphony.  Bobby Brown is now onboard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, muppetsguy said:

Is Dru Pavlov still a CD? I didn’t see him listed anywhere.

 

We were told recently on Anthem that Dru is “no longer with the company”.  We will miss him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Funbobby68 said:

What are the thought of Tornado Tanya as a CD she will be on our sailing next week

Tanya was A M  when we sailed on Jrwel. She came up under Clo OBrien and she was great!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not the list keeper, but can I ask all to not post updates from last week as it was the CD conference and all CD's were away at the conference with the AM filling in.

 

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As I wrote a couple of pages back, I no longer have the time to dedicate to the upkeep and maintenance of this list.  

 

Someone else, please step up and take over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know who will be CD on the Ovation from 30 March to 17 April? The list here says Joff will be on till the 30th, his wife said they'll be on vacation from 17 April.... so that leaves a gap of 17 days. Hopefully the CD won't be Angelle.

We're on the Ovation at present, cruise ends tomorrow. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, sofmall said:

Does anyone know who will be CD on the Ovation from 30 March to 17 April? The list here says Joff will be on till the 30th, his wife said they'll be on vacation from 17 April.... so that leaves a gap of 17 days. Hopefully the CD won't be Angelle.

We're on the Ovation at present, cruise ends tomorrow. 

Sofmall, 

Yes I do.. Its not common knowledge yet, but its going to be our Australian CD, Chris Brown. He is definitely going to be our CD on the Ovation Transpacific cruise on the 17th April.. I heard this first hand btw..  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, DonnaK said:

As I wrote a couple of pages back, I no longer have the time to dedicate to the upkeep and maintenance of this list.  

 

Someone else, please step up and take over.

@DonnaK Please PM me if you cant find anyone.. Im happy to do it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, ShellsDH said:

@DonnaK Please PM me if you cant find anyone.. Im happy to do it.

 

PM is disabled on this website.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For the list-  Jewel of the Seas. Beginning 2/15/19 Romina in the CL is going on vacation. Alain currently in the DL will move to the CL and Haffnar will go into the DL.

Edited by BEENSAILING

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BEENSAILING said:

For the list-  Jewel of the Seas. Beginning 2/15/19 Romina in the CL is going on vacation. Alain currently in the DL will move to the CL and Haffnar will go into the DL.

 

This information might be more relevant on the Concierge thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/11/2019 at 11:32 AM, Funbobby68 said:

What are the thought of Tornado Tanya as a CD she will be on our sailing next week

 

We had Tanya on the Anthem for the new years cruise - her last cruise before moving onto her current contract. She is FANTASTIC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, travelgoddess1 said:

 

This information might be more relevant on the Concierge thread.

Thx. Posted in wrong thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw a Utube video of the morning show. With Simeon on the Symphony as the cruise director. Was that just while the conference is on or is he now a CD?

Edited by rt1092

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, ShellsDH said:

Sofmall, 

Yes I do.. Its not common knowledge yet, but its going to be our Australian CD, Chris Brown. He is definitely going to be our CD on the Ovation Transpacific cruise on the 17th April.. I heard this first hand btw..  

 

Thank you! I'm relieved to know it's not Angelle .... I tried very hard to like her on the cruise we just disembarked, where she was acting CD in Joff's absence. But by the last few days I had to admit she just isn't my cup of tea.

 

It's odd, someone at the Guest Services phoned Joff's wife to ask about the early April cruises... whether Joff would be on... and she said they'd be going on vacation on the 17th April. `Looks like we'll miss out on Joff yet again, but hoping that Chris Brown is good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/13/2019 at 5:21 PM, ShellsDH said:

Sofmall, 

Yes I do.. Its not common knowledge yet, but its going to be our Australian CD, Chris Brown. He is definitely going to be our CD on the Ovation Transpacific cruise on the 17th April.. I heard this first hand btw..  

Shame, we will be on board this cruise and in the past Chris is probably the CD we least enjoyed.  I certainly hope he has more activities planned then just “trivia, trivia trivia” which seemed to be the only thing when we had him on Voyager a few years ago. Let’s hope for lots of poolside games and activities, bring on the horse racing, pool volleyball and olympics!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, KAYTWO said:

Shame, we will be on board this cruise and in the past Chris is probably the CD we least enjoyed.  I certainly hope he has more activities planned then just “trivia, trivia trivia” which seemed to be the only thing when we had him on Voyager a few years ago. Let’s hope for lots of poolside games and activities, bring on the horse racing, pool volleyball and olympics!

It's usually the Activities Manager that creates the activities. Also, as Joff debarks on April 17th, it's likely that he will be writing the Compasses for the Transpacific cruise, at least for the beginning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will have to admit that a lot of people do care about the CD.  Pretty active CC thread on what ship they are on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Q&A with the Coral Expeditions Team
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...