Current Cruise Director (CD) List

On 12/9/2019 at 10:04 AM, SamTimeDining said:

Tanya signed off on 11/11/19, halfway through my B2B on Majesty. I am struggling to remember the name of the gentleman that replaced her. It'll come to me...

Tanya was on Majesty for our 11-25 cruise.

Hi,

Last year on the Mariner, Assata Young filled in for the CD and was typically the Activities Manager.  She not only stepped into the role perfectly, but out of 15 cruises, she was the friendliest, most professional and most energetic cruise director we've ever sailed with.  We really hoped to see her become a full time cruise director as we would love to sail with her again.

Does anyone know if Assata is an Activities Manager or Cruise Director and if so what ship she is on?

Thank you very much.

On 12/24/2019 at 12:10 AM, heathermiller86nj said:

Hi,

Last year on the Mariner, Assata Young filled in for the CD and was typically the Activities Manager.  She not only stepped into the role perfectly, but out of 15 cruises, she was the friendliest, most professional and most energetic cruise director we've ever sailed with.  We really hoped to see her become a full time cruise director as we would love to sail with her again.

Does anyone know if Assata is an Activities Manager or Cruise Director and if so what ship she is on?

Thank you very much.

When we were on Mariner earlier this year Jenna was the AD and filled in as CD was awesome! That was in Oct!

2 hours ago, Taz1960 said:

When we were on Mariner earlier this year Jenna was the AD and filled in as CD was awesome! That was in Oct!

When we were on Mariner several months ago, a guy named Rickey was cd. He was horrible on Brilliance two years ago and worse on Mariner. Also had Simona on Jewel this month in Europe. Ugh!! Very full of herself and her activities director Kalita made it almost impossible to move through the Centrum. Years ago a guy named Casey Pelter was great on Freedom for four Cruises. Graham on Rahpsody was wonderful, I forget the lady’s name on Allure but she was temporary and did a bang up job. Our all time favorite was Mark on the Harmony. I never saw the CD on Symphony but it was only it’s fourth cruise after it’s launch and needed seasoning. A good CD can really enhance your cruise. 

Obviously tastes & opinions vary. My family LOVED Rickey Mathews from the Mariner.  He was a great showman.

For me, it seems like some CDs are just MCs or hosts, and others have the added value of being entertainers.

I assume Mark on Harmony was Mark "Bing Bong" Walker who we have also loved on 2 cruises.

Abe Hughes, Alan Brooks & Leigh Xuereb were also some others of our favorites from the past.

• Like 1

Just off Jewel  for the Rome to Dubai Repo and the CD is Andrea Oliver. He was a bit wooden at first but his morning show with Talita the AM was great and he relaxed over the 16 nights. He took a few stargazing evenings in the middle of the Red Sea and was very informative. He will be onboard until March.

Talita was amazing and was more visible around the ship. She would make a fantastic CD but I believe her husband is an officer so she travels on the same ship as him.

4 hours ago, Blue Eyed Belfast Belle said:

Just off Jewel  for the Rome to Dubai Repo and the CD is Andrea Oliver. He was a bit wooden at first but his morning show with Talita the AM was great and he relaxed over the 16 nights. He took a few stargazing evenings in the middle of the Red Sea and was very informative. He will be onboard until March.

Talita was amazing and was more visible around the ship. She would make a fantastic CD but I believe her husband is an officer so she travels on the same ship as him.

We were on Jewel on a B to B right before your Dubai cruise. Our CD for both was Simona Figarulo (spelling may  be wrong). That was our third Jewel cruise with her and didn’t care for her. Let me guess... if they had “dancing with the bars” Kalita won. Correct?

On 12/17/2019 at 4:43 AM, RCCLNYMETS41 said:

. . . 

We had Bobby [Brown] years ago as CD & did not care for him then.  I must say he was great this time around! Very visible (especially for an Oasis class ship) & personable.

Had Bobby Brown on Symphony last year. He was indeed very visible and personable. But organization and scheduling was a mess.  Overall, I would rate him a fail.

6 hours ago, MommaMickey said:

Blessed New Year to all.  Getting on Adventure of the Seas Saturday.  What a glorious way to start 2020 

Want to again thank you for the upkeep of this thread...we check it for every cruise. 

We are also boarding the Adventure on Saturday.  Time to start a new decade of cruising.  

The math does not seem right but this will be the 6th decade in witch we have cruised, started in 1978.