Current Cruise Director (CD) List

1 hour ago, CruisingJoe09 said:

I don't think that people's opinions are anything to do with gender. For example, Clo O'Connor seems to always get good reviews. Also many female Activities Managers that are well-liked.

I've never had a female CD but have seen some good female AM's.

Reason I said this is because ive had women directly tell me they prefer a man CD.....

21 minutes ago, CanadaRob said:

Brian Leavitt on Liberty , any impressions on him?  Good or bad? Had the Blairs on Liberty a couple of years ago and Jeff just tried waaay too hard, Katrina was ok but not in my top 5

Brian is leaving Liberty soon and heading to Symphony. Cory Rogers will be your CD and he seems to be very popular.

• Like 1

Just came back from a 4-day cruise on Mariner. Our cruise director was Marcelo. (sorry didn't get his last name).....definitely not Dan Whitley. Marcelo said he was leaving the ship on departure day , Jan 10 same as us.

He was OK, personable just talked way too much. Several shows were late starting because of his prolonged intros.

7 minutes ago, FishOn55 said:

Just came back from a 4-day cruise on Mariner. Our cruise director was Marcelo. (sorry didn't get his last name).....definitely not Dan Whitley. Marcelo said he was leaving the ship on departure day , Jan 10 same as us.

He was OK, personable just talked way too much. Several shows were late starting because of his prolonged intros.

He is horrible...close to 100 completed cruises and this guy was the worst. Probably needs demoted to laundry room.

39 minutes ago, pstone1 said:

On Mariner and Ricky Matthews is currently our CD.  We have had Ricky several times before and always enjoy his high energy and interaction with the guests.

Actually found Ricky to be a some what vulgar (twerking ala Miley Cyrus with a bent over male dancer) one trick pony. One dad grabbed his two kids and said “lets go” and left the Promenade. He DOES have energy but just not my cup of tea. How many “Oh Mama! Hey Mamas” can you take. As a whole, Mariner was fine though.

27 minutes ago, rodenboy said:

I take a hiatus from this forum and suddenly only recognise a handful of CD’s! Where did the rest go?!

There has been a huge turnover in the last 2/3 years. Some long term CD's resigned (e.g. Abe Hughes), a few went to the Miami office (e.g. Ken Rush) and some were fired.

Good thing is that this has given many AM's their chance to become CD (Katy, Mark, Daniel to name a few). Also a large number of hires from other lines (a handful came from Carnival - Marcelo, Brian, Cory).

Edited by CruisingJoe09

On 1/10/2020 at 4:26 PM, CanadaRob said:

Brian Leavitt on Liberty , any impressions on him?  Good or bad? Had the Blairs on Liberty a couple of years ago and Jeff just tried waaay too hard, Katrina was ok but not in my top 5

I think you mean John Blair, not Jeff.  I sailed with them for the first time in 1997, and have enjoyed sailing with them frequently as the CD/AM. I think they are changing ships.

Edited by travelgoddess1

1 hour ago, travelgoddess1 said:

I think you mean John Blair, not Jeff.  I sailed with them for the first time in 1997, and have enjoyed sailing with them frequently as the CD/AM. I think they are changing ships.

Yup John and to each his own,

On 1/7/2020 at 1:17 PM, Aza1972 said:

Friends on Radiance at the moment and definitely Cruisin Susan

Currently on Radiance and can confirm this as well.

We've found her nice but uninspiring. Definitely the worst CD we've had (which is a shame as it seems the rest of her staff is working their butts off to add some energy to the cruise.)

Brian Leavitt leaves Liberty this week and Cory Rogers comes onboard this week as a 2020 permanent assignment. He’s there from January 14th to May 17th then July 12th to November 22nd. 

Brian Leavitt goes on vacation and will be on Between Symphony and Harmony for 2020. 

13 hours ago, flashpackprincess said:

Currently on Radiance and can confirm this as well.

We've found her nice but uninspiring. Definitely the worst CD we've had (which is a shame as it seems the rest of her staff is working their butts off to add some energy to the cruise.)

We are doing B2B2B cruises on Radiance starting 30 January. (17 days time but who is counting)  Will Cruisin' Susan still be there or she to be replaced for the Circumnavigation cruises? We have 44 nights coming up and I would like an entertaining CD.

ADVENTURE:   Drew Devine #1397
ALLURE  Jimmy Rhodes #1578, Michele Scarpato May to September, 2020 #1652

ANTHEM  Mitch Merucci September 21 #1477 to January 16, 2020 #1692, then Mercedes Lafuente #1676 for 2 months #1703
BRILLIANCE:    Rob McNally  #1566
EMPRESS  Steve Davis  #1703
ENCHANTMENT:  Bobby Broughton. Elizabeth Hackett to cover vacation, early October #1476 Update, please.
EXPLORER:  Mike Whitte #1545
FREEDOM:    Cory Rogers for 30 days in Dec to take ship to Cadiz in Jan for drydock #1444 then Elvis Pinto #1671
GRANDEUR:  Clo O'Connor #1626 Through 2-20-20 #1657
HARMONY:    Marc Walker as of  9-29-19/3-15-20, 5-3/9-13-20 and 11-15-20/3-7-21 #1619
INDEPENDENCE:  Cuddy Cudsworth  #1677
JEWEL:         Andrea Oliver on through March, 2020 #1687
LIBERTY:  Brian Leavitt October 13 #1620, Cory Rogers January 14th to May 17th then July 12th to November 22nd. #1740

MARINER:    Ricky Matthews as of 1-11-20 #1732
MAJESTY:   Tanya Yates Tongue #1676
NAVIGATOR:   Hugo Arenas returned 10-18 #1621
OASIS:           Michele Scarpato #1717
OVATION:     Gordon Whatman #1716 as of 1-9-20 for 7 weeks till Hong Kong #1720
QUANTUM:  Ken Jones  #1535
RADIANCE:   Susan Adams #1701
RHAPSODY:  David Bradshaw #1666
SERENADE:  Katy McCullagh from UK #1652, filling in.  Will be gone by 1-31-20 #1656, then Chris Brown #1651
SPECTRUM: Fang Lixin through December #1394 Any update?

SYMPHONY:  Mike Szwajkowski as of 11-2-19 #1602

VISION       Steve Davis  for transatlantic crossing, will be on for 8 months #1518 then John Blair #1678
VOYAGER:  Michelle Oliveria #1565

hi I just booked Grandeur for 2/28 and see that Clo is leaving 2/20...any idea who follows?  We were on Grandeur over thanksgiving and had the Blair's, unfortunately John was ill and his wife was doing double duty (and probably worrying about him).  They departed ship for vacation when we arrived back in Baltimore. 

Just got home from Adventure yesterday,  Drew Devine was okay.  Didn't see much of him except to introduce shows or on the Morning Show.  

According to a post on a live thread on Oasis Bobby Brown is back aboard.  He was listed as the cruise director in the meet the officers printed handout. 

Could he have just just taken a few weeks off over the holidays as Michele Scarpato was definitely on-board with us on the Dec 22 sailing. 

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

According to a post on a live thread on Oasis Bobby Brown is back aboard.  He was listed as the cruise director in the meet the officers printed handout. 

Could he have just just taken a few weeks off over the holidays as Michele Scarpato was definitely on-board with us on the Dec 22 sailing. 

I'm not impressed so far.

20200113_194914.jpg.45f8a854a7f68bff5627034bfdd50ca7.jpg

It is funny that he looks like Fred Rogers

On 1/10/2020 at 7:10 AM, Beachammo said:

Susan is a top 5 CD in our opinion. There are many who don't care for female CD's.

We love Cruisin' Susan! I had never really paid attention to the CDs before we had her on Enchantment. She is by far our favorite. I don't understand how some don't like her, but to each their own 🤷‍♀️

• Like 1