Current Cruise Director (CD) List

4 minutes ago, MommaMickey said:

Just got off Grandeur Saturday 3/7.  David Bradshawe was cruise director.  Did not have opportunity to ask how long he was on.  At Farewell Show he did "top 10 question list" which we have not seen in years.  This schtick was way outdated...question # "What do you do with ice sculptures when they melt?"  Question #1  "what time is the midnight buffet?" 

New cruisers were confused, where are ice sculptures and how did I miss the midnight buffet?  Experienced cruisers were just sad remembering the beauty of the sculptures & all that is no longer a part of the cruise experience. 

We had David last Fall. He's in my top 10 WORST CDs. He's wooden, dated, and needs to walk away, IMO

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

To keep all of the CD fans occupied during this off-season, here is the podcast that Mike Szwajkowski and Mitch Merucci are doing:

https://www.youtube.com/user/CruiseDirectorMitch/videos

Clo O'Connor was a guest in one of the episodes. Former RCCL & Celebrity CD Richard Spacey (who was known in the day as the best CD) was in the most recent episode with some stories to tell.

Joe...I'm working my way through the podcasts and really enjoying them.  Thanx for the heads-up.😉  I've cruised with Mike and Mitch so found it very interesting listening to them telling tales and sharing stories.   Also enjoyed hearing their memories of other crew members.  One of the episodes mentioned Greg Maxwell.  He was CD on my first cruise on Sun Viking, in 1984, and again on my second, on Sovereign, when he had just returned to the ships after being ashore for a while.  Can't wait to go back and listen to more of them.

• Like 1

On 5/21/2020 at 1:20 PM, CruisingJoe09 said:

To keep all of the CD fans occupied during this off-season, here is the podcast that Mike Szwajkowski and Mitch Merucci are doing:

https://www.youtube.com/user/CruiseDirectorMitch/videos

Clo O'Connor was a guest in one of the episodes. Former RCCL & Celebrity CD Richard Spacey (who was known in the day as the best CD) was in the most recent episode with some stories to tell.

Yes,I too have been watching. Thanks Joe x

• 3 weeks later...

Abe Hughes still on Virtual of the Seas however will be signing off after the upcoming sailing.

Now probably is the time to finish the Virtual cruises and get life back to normal (leave the party when you're still enjoying it and keep the memories) but I will forever be grateful to him for making lockdown bearable for me, I'm sure those here who have followed some/all of the Virtual cruises have felt the same. 🙂

Edited by CruisingJoe09

15 minutes ago, CruisingJoe09 said:

Abe Hughes still on Virtual of the Seas however will be signing off after the upcoming sailing.

Now probably is the time to finish the Virtual cruises and get life back to normal (leave the party when you're still enjoying it and keep the memories) but I will forever be grateful to him for making lockdown bearable for me, I'm sure those here who have followed some/all of the Virtual cruises have felt the same. 🙂

Enjoyed it. Can’t wait to get back on Harmony. Also got my cruise fix watching the “Super Mario” videos. 

• 2 months later...
5 hours ago, CruisingJoe09 said:

Another few months passed, still no news on ships returning. Some of the CD's appear to have taken on land jobs whilst the ships are out of service.

Hope all the regulars here are well. 🙂

Hi Joe, thank you, hope you are well too. I've certainly missed everyone. #StaySafe 

15 hours ago, DELTABLUE said:

Hope they can all find jobs to tide themselves over until the tide turns and they can return to the ships soon.😉

I share your hope....I read about Mark Walker....I hope the other CD's that we know are figuring out these uncharted waters as well, but as a temporary measure.  Although we aren't cruising, I look forward to returning to ships at some point.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

My DH follows Mark Walker and he was driving for Uber Eats early on and now it looks like he is working at Publix.

We also follow him and he drives for Door Dash and started work at Publix in the last couple of weeks.  He's on FB if anyone is interested.  He posts pics of his girls and does t-shirt giveaways near where he lives in FL.  And his name is spelled Marc so he's listed as Marc Walker Cruise Director.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, DELTABLUE said:

Has anyone heard if all the various crew members have ever been successfully repatriated home or are some still floating around on a ship somewhere?

Chris Wong said 98% are home. The remaining 1,000 or so are on ships because they don't want to go home (they're safer on the ship) or their country won't let them in.

1 hour ago, johnjen said:

Maybe I'm missing out, but what exactly is this fascination in here with cruise directors? There's another thread around that tries to track ship captains as well..... 

A lot of the people on these boards believe a Cruise Director can make or break a vacation. I personally do not pay much attention to them. Some have been good, some have been bad but I've never had a Cruise Director affect my vacation. In my opinion he/she is no different than any other entertainer on the ship. If he/she is entertaining, I'll pay attention. If not, I'll find another way to have fun.

• Like 3

On 9/2/2020 at 4:26 PM, cruiseguy1016 said:

A lot of the people on these boards believe a Cruise Director can make or break a vacation. I personally do not pay much attention to them. Some have been good, some have been bad but I've never had a Cruise Director affect my vacation. In my opinion he/she is no different than any other entertainer on the ship. If he/she is entertaining, I'll pay attention. If not, I'll find another way to have fun.

same here i really don"t pay mind to them they all do the same things even jokes,for me the only CD i could say was different from others was Richard Spacey there's no other Cd like him.

On 9/2/2020 at 4:26 PM, cruiseguy1016 said:

Yep. I see them on the TV and turn it off. They are a bit annoying.

• Like 2