Cruise Critic Community
DonnaK

Current Cruise Director (CD) List

4 minutes ago, MommaMickey said:

Just got off Grandeur Saturday 3/7.  David Bradshawe was cruise director.  Did not have opportunity to ask how long he was on.  At Farewell Show he did "top 10 question list" which we have not seen in years.  This schtick was way outdated...question # "What do you do with ice sculptures when they melt?"  Question #1  "what time is the midnight buffet?" 

New cruisers were confused, where are ice sculptures and how did I miss the midnight buffet?  Experienced cruisers were just sad remembering the beauty of the sculptures & all that is no longer a part of the cruise experience. 

We had David last Fall. He's in my top 10 WORST CDs. He's wooden, dated, and needs to walk away, IMO

Not a clue  but I can report that Abe Hughes is CD on the Virtual of the Seas!😉

On 4/5/2020 at 3:17 AM, DELTABLUE said:

He is indeed and doing a fantastic job!

On 4/4/2020 at 10:17 PM, DELTABLUE said:

Ha. My eyes lit up and everything.

To keep all of the CD fans occupied during this off-season, here is the podcast that Mike Szwajkowski and Mitch Merucci are doing:

https://www.youtube.com/user/CruiseDirectorMitch/videos

Clo O'Connor was a guest in one of the episodes. Former RCCL & Celebrity CD Richard Spacey (who was known in the day as the best CD) was in the most recent episode with some stories to tell.

Joe...I'm working my way through the podcasts and really enjoying them.  Thanx for the heads-up.😉  I've cruised with Mike and Mitch so found it very interesting listening to them telling tales and sharing stories.   Also enjoyed hearing their memories of other crew members.  One of the episodes mentioned Greg Maxwell.  He was CD on my first cruise on Sun Viking, in 1984, and again on my second, on Sovereign, when he had just returned to the ships after being ashore for a while.  Can't wait to go back and listen to more of them.

On 5/21/2020 at 1:20 PM, CruisingJoe09 said:

To keep all of the CD fans occupied during this off-season, here is the podcast that Mike Szwajkowski and Mitch Merucci are doing:

https://www.youtube.com/user/CruiseDirectorMitch/videos

Clo O'Connor was a guest in one of the episodes. Former RCCL & Celebrity CD Richard Spacey (who was known in the day as the best CD) was in the most recent episode with some stories to tell.

Yes,I too have been watching. Thanks Joe x

Hi Donna its been a while hope you doing good i been trying out different cruise lines my last cruise was NCL Gem we love it we book on Anthem on Jan 26 2021 b2b