Current Cruise Director (CD) List

2 hours ago, ncb106 said:

same here i really don"t pay mind to them they all do the same things even jokes,for me the only CD i could say was different from others was Richard Spacey there's no other Cd like him.

E

2 hours ago, ncb106 said:

same here i really don"t pay mind to them they all do the same things even jokes,for me the only CD i could say was different from others was Richard Spacey there's no other Cd like him.

Richard Spacey was a one off. There will never be another CD like him. I do believe that a CD can enhance your cruise. However, I also can take or leave them.

• Like 1

Richard was one of a kind. I wonder if there ever will be a Richard 2.0. Who knows? There could be a new CD in waiting that "takes off" the way he did. Indeed, there were a fair few promotions in the last year before cruising came to a halt, could even be one of them as they haven't had that long to prove their talents.

Edited by CruisingJoe09

On 9/9/2020 at 1:44 PM, Mary Moo said:

E

Richard Spacey was a one off. There will never be another CD like him. I do believe that a CD can enhance your cruise. However, I also can take or leave them.

Abe just made reference to him in his live Facebook broadcasts.  He mentioned that Richard would leave really odd and strange things behind in the CD's cabins when he left a ship. 

Just out of interest and nothing to do with CDs does anyone know where Vision is moored right now? I went to Jersey UK last week and from the ferry I saw 2 ships anchored just off of Southampton. It made my heart pound and feel very sad. Stay safe everyone.

On 9/2/2020 at 2:53 PM, johnjen said:

Maybe I'm missing out, but what exactly is this fascination in here with cruise directors? There's another thread around that tries to track ship captains as well..... 

I did a review last year trying to find 200 things more important than the CD. Never hit the number, though.

• Like 1

The big question is how much attrition will their be in the cruise director ranks with the long lay off.  Might be a lot of changes when things come back.  In terms of best CD's, DW and I have really found most recently to not add too much to the cruise.  Many I've barely seen.  we did like Richard Spacey.  But, we also liked Dave Chapman who we had on the Explorer many years ago.  He was borderline rude in terms of humor but very funny.

23 minutes ago, Airbear232 said:

The big question is how much attrition will their be in the cruise director ranks with the long lay off.  Might be a lot of changes when things come back. 

If they sell ships then there may be some that don't return or are moved to the offices. If not, then they'll still need the same number of CD's. I don't know about any of their personal circumstances and it's not my business, but I imagine that some would need to return quicker than others depending on how many other irons they may have in the fire (since some have taken on other gigs during the last few months).

On 9/21/2020 at 8:37 AM, John&LaLa said:

I did a review last year trying to find 200 things more important than the CD. Never hit the number, though.

Right, cruise directors are generally very outgoing people, but I can't really find myself remembering them all by name, yanno?

• Like 1

On 9/21/2020 at 11:50 AM, Airbear232 said:

The big question is how much attrition will their be in the cruise director ranks with the long lay off.  Might be a lot of changes when things come back.  In terms of best CD's, DW and I have really found most recently to not add too much to the cruise.  Many I've barely seen.  we did like Richard Spacey.  But, we also liked Dave Chapman who we had on the Explorer many years ago.  He was borderline rude in terms of humor but very funny.

I remember Dave Chapman on the Explorer!

• Like 1

On 9/24/2020 at 11:33 AM, Arzeena said:

I remember Dave Chapman on the Explorer!

I remember we were on the Explorer for Xmas and New Years and I was watching his morning show and he little matchbox sized scooters with little old people and had races (and crashes) on his desk.  It was in such bad taste, but I just laughed and laughed.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/21/2020 at 8:37 AM, John&LaLa said:

If you ever had Richard Spacey as a CD, you would not have asked that question.  Meet Richard Spacey...............

Richard Spacey as Borat

Richard Spacey - Evolution of Dance

• Like 1