Cruise Critic Community
crazy4cruzin

Water Package & Vouchers - How do these work?

We are cruising on the MSC Magnifica in Europe in less than a month, and we purchase the Water Package of 14 bottles of 1 liter mineral water. Can anyone explain how it works? Do we have these 14 bottles delivered to our room on embarkation day or do we pick them up somewhere? We also have purchased the wine and water package for the dining room and also were given the 12 vouchers each for drinks. Can anyone enlighten me as to how all of these will work? Will we get a booklet of 12 vouchers each and need to carry these around to give for our drinks or is it loaded on our cruise cards? Thanks in advance for any information you can give us.

You will receive booklets of vouchers, on embarkation, for your water and your water & wine package which you tear out a voucher from and hand to your waiter each time you order either your wine or water. Same applies for the drinks vouchers (though you can use them - as well as your water vouchers in any of the bars/lounges, too). You'll need to bring proof that you are entitled to these vouchers when you go to the area to collect same.

We also have purchased the wine and water package for the dining room.

I will write about this in "my" Armonia-Thread this weekend, maybe you want to have a look on my recommendations how to use this package :)

One thing first, if you bought "Easy" maybe you should think about upgrading to "Classic".

These were the wine choices with the 7 bottle wine package on Magnifica last September:

220c627a8b7991b39dabef57bb70d9a2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Can’t tell you about the wine package but we just got off the Seaview and had the fantastica package with the booklet of vouchers. We also had some leftover vouchers from last year for soft drinks and water. Were able to use thise on this cruise as although they are numbered I don’t believe they are tied to your cruise card (case in point - they gave our vouchers to someone else who signed for them but they obviously didn’t compare names/signatures, so I was told to get them

On board and had to go through a little bit of difficulty before the bar manager brought out the receipt and saw the mistake- she just gave me a replacement book of vouchers)! So I think as long as you have a cruisecard you could use the vouchers by presenting to any bartender/waiter.

I will write about this in "my" Armonia-Thread this weekend, maybe you want to have a look on my recommendations how to use this package :)

One thing first, if you bought "Easy" maybe you should think about upgrading to "Classic".

We did buy "Easy" thinking it would have better wine choices since it said that they were chosen by their sommelier, but from your pic of the list of wines it looks like "Classic" has more choices to offer. We actually bought 2 Easy wine packages to cover us for the 2 weeks onboard. Maybe this was a mistake! How easy will it be for me to change it to "Classic" I wonder.

These were the wine choices with the 7 bottle wine package on Magnifica last September:

220c627a8b7991b39dabef57bb70d9a2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Thanks for the information and the pic of the list of wines in the two packages. I wish I had waited before I purchased the 2 "Easy" Wine Packages thinking that was the better way to go. Live and learn. Will try to change this but not sure how easy it will be.

We did buy "Easy" thinking it would have better wine choices since it said that they were chosen by their sommelier, but from your pic of the list of wines it looks like "Classic" has more choices to offer. We actually bought 2 Easy wine packages to cover us for the 2 weeks onboard. Maybe this was a mistake! How easy will it be for me to change it to "Classic" I wonder.

Definitely a mistake. The La Zollas from the "Easy" are the cheapest wines, actually they are not even sold separately. The Classic package is great value for money. Try to change, as it is upgrade not downgrade, I think the chances are not too bad. Even if you have to change both packages, some of the wines are so good, you happily bring home if you cannot finish 14 bottles :)

Thank you for the good information. After looking at the list of wines and not being happy with the minimal choice of wines in the "Easy" wine package, I was able to change to "Classic" through the website where I originally ordered it. Yayy!! :D