Princess EZ AIR Flight Change Question/Advice

reney313

I have not called EZ Air yet; I thought I would get advice from anyone of what research or responses I should have if the conversation does not go the way I feel it "should".

I received notification of a flight change today from EZ Air on our one-way return leg with American Airlines.

When I originally booked, back in October 2017 for our August Alaska cruise, the flight was scheduled Vancouver to LA. LA to St. Louis. Arriving in St. Louis approx. midnight on 9/1.

We then had a flight change notification in March 2018 for this flight. Vancouver to Dallas. Dallas to St. Louis. Arriving St. Louis approx. 10:00pm on 9/1. This was favorable.

I paid approx. $250 more per person for the flight to arrive the night of 9/1 vs. morning of 9/2 since my sister will have to work on 9/2.

Our flight change today now routes Vancouver to LA. LA to MIAMI. MIAMI to St. Louis. Arriving St. Louis approx. 11:00am on 9/2. That is after my sister is scheduled to start her shift. She works at Lowe's, it is Labor Day weekend, and she is taking off a total of 12 days out of her 14 days a year vacation time. She cannot ask off for 9/2.

I've had reroutes before, but nothing like this before so I've never had to call and ask to be rerouted again. I've just accommodated their changes into my schedule.

Has anyone had this experience before? Is it "easy" or should I be prepared that they can say 'no' to get us closer to the original arrival time? I thought there was something about additional "rights" if the schedule was updated to +/- 3 hours from the original time? I'm not seeking a refund, we definitely need the flights home and it's only about 6 weeks out.

We are past final payment date. I did look up flights directly from American and there is a one way fare for $150 less than we paid that would leave YVR at 10:47am (that would cut it close to get off the ship, to the airport and through customs, but it's doable, I think) and into St. Louis at 8:39pm. Could I ask for a refund and then book this through AA direct? That is the only flight showing that would arrive on same day through American.

On the flight out, it's ticketed through Delta (still EZ Air). There is a Delta flight that would be favorable. Leaving YVR at 1:55pm. arriving St. Louis at 10:13pm. It is more expensive than we paid for the 2 legs combined.

Finally...do I call EZ Air or do I have to call American Airlines directly?

Just looking for a little advice and encouragement of how to handle before I give them a call in a few hours.

So..need a little more info. This is your return leg....are you at more or less than 45 days out? Has the flight in question been ticketed? Did you use a TA?

Rather than talk about possibilities, provide the info and we'll talk about where you are with things.

I booked the airfare directly with Princess through the cruise personalizer online. We are less than 45 days out. We are 40 days from the departure flight date and 44 days from the start of the cruise (we are going inland Alaska through Princess lodges for 4 days prior).

This is my return leg, which is greater than 45 days away. If I'm doing the math correctly, it would be 52 days out for this return flight.

The flight was booked in October 2017. Final Payment made direct to Princess on June 6/4 and ticketed confirmation sent on 6/12. The amount of flights was paid back in January 2018 (but final payment of cruise + flights was not made until 6/4. I've made around 4 installments from January until June).

At this point you should be ticketed but Princess hasn't been consistent about this. If it is ticketed you can try work with the airlines directly to discuss changes. You can sometimes have better luck working with them. Or if you're not comfortable negotiating for better flights with them, call Princess. If you booked Flexible air and you were more than 45 days out you would have the ability to cancel but if your return is September 1st that is likely not an option. In some cases you can cancel within 45 days for a fee - this text is on one of our upcoming reservations: "Changeand cancellation can be made 45 days or less from the outbound flight date orsail departure date (whichever is earlier) and a fee starting at $150 up to thefull cost of the ticket, per ticket will apply."

My understanding is that since you are 52 days out on this flight, you can do anything you want about it--cancel for full refund is up to 45 days in advance. We have a B2B where we had to book the air on the legs separately....I could be wrong though since the B2B situation is a little different.

I'd start with calling American--I've had better luck dealing directly with the airline. Be prepared with all the possible options you've located and keep talking till you get something that works. Also, decide in advance if you are willing to separate if they can change one person but not all of you. My experience is that after the flight is ticketed, the airline can work with me and try to make it all happen. If they can't change your flights to something that will work, call Princess and cross fingers. Good luck!

Just checked eZAir flights on 9/1 from YVR to STL and found many itineraries that will get you home the same day. Considering your return flight was so radically changed eZAir should offer you some special assistance with rebooking your flights.

I'd be calling eZAir ASAP to get this issue rectified. Good luck!

I called Princess. They cannot find the American Air flight that would work (leaving at 10:47am). The only flight on American they can find is the one that we're booked. They said in order to go with another carrier (both Delta and United have options available on EZ Air site and carrier sites), they said I would have to pay cancellation fees and then be re-fared which would cost close to $1400 per person. I asked why I would have to pay the cancellation/change fees and they said because it was within 45 days -- sitting at 44 days to the start of the cruise. I countered that the return leg is 51 days away. They said it goes by the cruise start date.

Anyway, while I could clearly see the other American flight on both systems, they could not and asked me to call back tomorrow during "day time" and someone could then call American to try and rebook directly with them.

I thanked them for their help.

My preference would be a Delta flight that leaves at 1:55pm and arrives in St. Louis at 10:13pm. It is almost identical to what i had booked and is only one stop like I had booked (and paid more for) previously. I understand that EZ Air doesn't have control over the airline changing the schedule, but it seems they would be more helpful since we were ticketed with a PRN and it was changed so drastically.

In any event, I just called American to see if they could at least get me us on the earlier flight. They are experiencing high hold times and will call back in 1 1/2 hours-2 hours. So I guess I'll see if they can help. I do plan to call Princess back tomorrow to try for the Delta flight regardless of whether AA is able to change my flight for me tonight.

Fingers crossed for a good outcome.

Thanks, Moki'smommy. I also posted this in a FB group. Most people are in agreement I would likely not be able to make a 10:47am flight. That said, since I was ticketed when the flight change occurred with the other flight being cancelled and it is such an extreme time difference, they do think that either EZ Air or AA would be able to book us on the Delta flight. I guess if the options they do have don't work -- which it would appear none of them do, then it might qualify for some rule.

Staying optimistic. Or maybe new flights will appear next month when schedules change again :)

Thanks, Moki'smommy. I also posted this in a FB group. Most people are in agreement I would likely not be able to make a 10:47am flight. That said, since I was ticketed when the flight change occurred with the other flight being cancelled and it is such an extreme time difference, they do think that either EZ Air or AA would be able to book us on the Delta flight. I guess if the options they do have don't work -- which it would appear none of them do, then it might qualify for some rule.

Staying optimistic. Or maybe new flights will appear next month when schedules change again :)

Your thread did prompt me to re-check our EZ Air flights since I hadn't looked for about a week. They aren't the best flights in the world, but they are still there, just as I booked them.

When I originally booked, back in October 2017 for our August Alaska cruise, the flight was scheduled Vancouver to LA. LA to St. Louis. Arriving in St. Louis approx. midnight on 9/1.

We then had a flight change notification in March 2018 for this flight. Vancouver to Dallas. Dallas to St. Louis. Arriving St. Louis approx. 10:00pm on 9/1. This was favorable.

Who changed the flights, American or Princess? In other words, do these flights still exist on the American web site? If they do not still exist, do you see anything on American's web site that would work for you? If American changed the flights and there is something that would work on American, call American and tell them that what they changed will not work for you and ask them to switch you to what would work at no cost since they made the changes. If American was the one that changed the flights, then you are in the same situation you would have been if you had made the flight bookings directly with American.

However, if the flights you had still exist, then it is Princess who made the change, probably because American no longer had any more seats left at the price Princess had offered you. In this case, call Princess and ask why you are no longer booked on the flights that still exist and on which you had been booked.

Having reached the point (45 days before first flight) that the reservations can no longer be cancelled at no charge, you are at the mercy of American cancellation policies and current pricing on other airlines, definitely not a good place to be. There is no way Princess can switch you to another airline and also have good pricing for that switch.

Just to follow up, OP posted on another forum that she and sis now booked on suitable return flights on United. EZAir waived the cancellation fee for the ticketed flight via Miami. American canceled the original flight, there were no suitable replacements on American. Replacement flights booked at $10 more per person.

Just to follow up, OP posted on another forum that she and sis now booked on suitable return flights on United. EZAir waived the cancellation fee for the ticketed flight via Miami. American canceled the original flight, there were no suitable replacements on American. Replacement flights booked at $10 more per person.

Thank you for posting. Sounds like a satisfactory resolution.

This is what I would have expected. I would have posted this if you had not already posted the resolution.

Even with purchasing nonrefundable flights directly from an airline, I have always found that the airline would refund the full costs of the flight for a cancellation if they had made a significant adverse change, and the change described would definitely be classified as significant.

Try uber

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Even with purchasing nonrefundable flights directly from an airline, I have always found that the airline would refund the full costs of the flight for a cancellation if they had made a significant adverse change, and the change described would definitely be classified as significant.

However, getting 100% refund from the airline does not solve the problem of booking flights on a different airline which may only have seats available at a significantly higher price. The OP was lucky Princess found seats at about the same pricing.