5 Day Flash Sale Lies

Cruisegoer

OK, so here is your answer. Tell us what happens when you do this.

When I do what? Sorry I’m

Not following. Are you suggesting that somehow the Captains Club will allow me to upgrade from Standard to Classic with a 20% discount?????

I’m sorry but the purpose of my OP was to point out that Celebrities sale banner is untrue. I’ve already resolved the fact I’m not being discounted at all for a Classic package.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No email notification and nothing on my cruise planner for my b2b Summit cruise next January :loudcry::mad:. Seems the 20% sale does not apply in the UK. I may try calling as I am interested in upgrading one of our drinks packages to premium.

No email notification and nothing on my cruise planner for my b2b Summit cruise next January :loudcry::mad:. Seems the 20% sale does not apply in the UK. I may try calling as I am interested in upgrading one of our drinks packages to premium.

Here in NZ we got no such notification either. However, I went online and checked the prices of the 3 excursions I have booked. None said they were on special, but all were cheaper than what I had paid.

I rang up and cancelled them all and rebooked for a total saving of about US$53. Not a massive amount, but a saving none the less.

I also asked for the price to upgrade to the premium drink package and it does seem to be cheaper. I haven’t gone ahead with that and need to decide quickly. But either way, it might pay for you to check the prices in the UK even if there have been no banners/emails etc.

Truth in Advertising was once important.

I agree with you on this.

I’ve had issues in the past where it’s said one thing on the Celebrity website and something different elsewhere.

When you feel like you’ve been mislead it can sour your opinion of a business, even if it’s otherwise a good company (which, to the most part, I believe Celebrity is).

Here in NZ we got no such notification either. However, I went online and checked the prices of the 3 excursions I have booked. None said they were on special, but all were cheaper than what I had paid.

I rang up and cancelled them all and rebooked for a total saving of about US$53. Not a massive amount, but a saving none the less.

I also asked for the price to upgrade to the premium drink package and it does seem to be cheaper. I haven’t gone ahead with that and need to decide quickly. But either way, it might pay for you to check the prices in the UK even if there have been no banners/emails etc.

I called yesterday and saved $230 on our B2B cruise excursions. All but one we had previously booked was discounted. I’m happy!

I called yesterday and saved $230 on our B2B cruise excursions. All but one we had previously booked was discounted. I’m happy!

Fantastic! Those savings are great.

One of our tours had just dropped by a few dollars pp (probably more of a shift in exchange rate than discount), but another had dropped by what feels like the full 20% and the other by about 15%. Worth it for just 5minutes on the phone.

Mine also said 20% off "all" beverage packages yesterday. Today just "Upgrades".

Seems to me 20% off a $10.00 upgrade is $ 2.00 a day... :confused::confused:

Isn’t the upgrade from classic to premium now $14/pp?

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Hello All - I am wondering if this type of discount also applies to upgrade from Classic ‘non-alcoholic’ to Premium ‘non-alcoholic’. I know 20% of the difference between the two isn’t much - but was just wondering if this is doable. And in case it makes a difference, the Classic non-alcoholic was a perk given by Celebrity at the time of the booking (I.e. we did not purchase that). Thank you all in advance.

Isn’t the upgrade from classic to premium now $14/pp?

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Yes you are right but with the 20% off its $11.20 per day plus 18% gratuity. On my next 15 day cruise thats a big savings of just under $50!

I’m in UK. I received email. Cruise planner no help. Deal ends 16th. I suggest that you call Celebrity.

Neither me or DW receive the e-mail, we do not have the banner in the cruise planner, we have learned through the forum and we have taken advantage of some discounts on excursions for the Silhouette in March 2019. On the other hand in the promotion of 2 months ago, we received the mail and no excursion had a discount.

Conclusion it is announced and the promotion is not valid for us, they do not announce and the sale is on.

Rang Celeb UK this morning and got my discount on drinks upgrade and 2 trips.

This offer does not appear to be advertised to UK bookers . I discovered this on a T.A. site I have access to.

I`m on Reflection in November.

Celebrity UK were aware of the offer and were most helpful

Rang Celeb UK this morning and got my discount on drinks upgrade and 2 trips.

This offer does not appear to be advertised to UK bookers . I discovered this on a T.A. site I have access to.

I`m on Reflection in November.

Celebrity UK were aware of the offer and were most helpful

Good for you! Just goes to show you should call Celebrity before throwing in the towel!