carefree lady

Qsine on Silhouette

I'm not seeing Qsine on my cruise planner for Jan. Does anyone know anything about this? It doesn't mention Le Petit Chef either.

It's not listed on our 12/9 cruise either (& neither is the Porch) - love to know the answer too!

It's not listed on our 12/9 cruise either (& neither is the Porch) - love to know the answer too!

Someone posted last week , who had just left Silhouette. Quinine as normal at the mo

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Also interested in this. Would love to see Le Petite Chef on my Nov. 30 cruise.

I think Le Petit Chef has replaced Qsine on Silhouette. There was something on an earlier post on this board.

Sue

I think Le Petit Chef has replaced Qsine on Silhouette. There was something on an earlier post on this board.

Sue

Ad of a few weeks ago Qzine is still in operation

Ad of a few weeks ago Qzine is still in operation

Also i an pretty sure LPC will be installed during dry dock next year

Sue

I saw no Le Petit Chef on Silhouette last week or the prior week. I was in Qsine for a special dining event, and neither saw nor heard anything about LPC. I think there was a trial of it earlier this year though...

I saw no Le Petit Chef on Silhouette last week or the prior week. I was in Qsine for a special dining event, and neither saw nor heard anything about LPC. I think there was a trial of it earlier this year though...

Was Qsine open for regular dining?

Also i an pretty sure LPC will be installed during dry dock next year

I believe Silhouette’s dry dock is scheduled for sometime in 2020, not next year.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I believe Silhouette’s dry dock is scheduled for sometime in 2020, not next year.

Apologies . I stand corrected

Currently, it is scheduled for Qsine to change to "Le Petit Chef at Qsine" in September of this year for Celebrity Silhouette

Currently, it is scheduled for Qsine to change to "Le Petit Chef at Qsine" in September of this year for Celebrity Silhouette

Do you now when in Sept as we sail on the 1st for 8 days and would hate to miss Qsine ... I've seen so many videos of the little chef I can't see the point in seeing it first hand ;)

I knew I had seen something about the change. We are sailing in November so this will be in place by then,

Sue

Currently, it is scheduled for Qsine to change to "Le Petit Chef at Qsine" in September of this year for Celebrity

Silhouette

Just seen this message on FB:

“We just got a call informing our Silhouette Qsine reservation for October is cancelled, because the restaurant will be replaced by Le Petit Chef!... “

Just seen this message on FB:

“We just got a call informing our Silhouette Qsine reservation for October is cancelled, because the restaurant will be replaced by Le Petit Chef!... “

Any idea when in Sep ? We are on the Sep 9th West Med cruise

Do you now when in Sept as we sail on the 1st for 8 days and would hate to miss Qsine ... I've seen so many videos of the little chef I can't see the point in seeing it first hand ;)

Do u know what date?

We are also sailing on Silhouette 1st September & had booked Qsine a few months ago when it was still showing on cruise planner. I'd been keeping an eye on posts hoping that it would still be available on-board but received the following email from Celebrity yesterday confirming Qsine is no more!

Dear Valued Guest,

We are writing to inform you the specialty restaurant Qsine will no longer be offered onboard the Celebrity Silhouette. We will now be offering a new and exciting dining experience called Le Petit Chef in its place. Your Qsine reservation has been cancelled and you will be refunded back to your original form of payment, or if you used onboard credit then your onboard credit has been refunded back to your allotment. Le Petit Chef will be available to book the week of July 23rd. If you wish to book in Le Petit Chef, you can reply to this email and provide a contact number, and I will call you to book a reservation and take payment, or you can give celebrity a call at 1-888-837-5676, or you can do so onboard the ship. Your original rate will be protected if done in advance. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. We look forward to welcoming you onboard.

Best Regards,

We are also sailing on Silhouette 1st September & had booked Qsine a few months ago when it was still showing on cruise planner. I'd been keeping an eye on posts hoping that it would still be available on-board but received the following email from Celebrity yesterday confirming Qsine is no more!

Dear Valued Guest,

We are writing to inform you the specialty restaurant Qsine will no longer be offered onboard the Celebrity Silhouette. We will now be offering a new and exciting dining experience called Le Petit Chef in its place. Your Qsine reservation has been cancelled and you will be refunded back to your original form of payment, or if you used onboard credit then your onboard credit has been refunded back to your allotment. Le Petit Chef will be available to book the week of July 23rd. If you wish to book in Le Petit Chef, you can reply to this email and provide a contact number, and I will call you to book a reservation and take payment, or you can give celebrity a call at 1-888-837-5676, or you can do so onboard the ship. Your original rate will be protected if done in advance. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. We look forward to welcoming you onboard.

Best Regards,

We are sailing August 4th. Can anyone confirm that Qsine will still be operating then or, as suggested her,e be converted to LPC? - I cannot get used to LPC - it makes me think of Little Chef, the UK restaurants that have almost disappeared!

Waggie

Imho, they've replaced one gimmicky upcharge venue with another that appears to be even more gimmicky. No thanks.

We'll be on the Silhouette in November. Looking forward to Lawn Club Grill, Tuscan, and Murano! :D

Imho, they've replaced one gimmicky upcharge venue with another that appears to be even more gimmicky. No thanks.

We'll be on the Silhouette in November. Looking forward to Lawn Club Grill, Tuscan, and Murano! :D

While I understand some people dislike Qsine, it did have 20 different and varied food items (not counting desserts) on the menu and almost everyone could find many they liked. I can see the new concept being unique once but, from what I understand, it has a very limited menu which would not get us to come back. And the price tag seems very overpriced.

While I understand some people dislike Qsine, it did have 20 different and varied food items (not counting desserts) on the menu and almost everyone could find many they liked. I can see the new concept being unique once but, from what I understand, it has a very limited menu which would not get us to come back. And the price tag seems very overpriced.

To clarify my post which you quoted, I actually liked the food at Qsine, but I found the "concept" a bit too much. (That was after three dinners there on two different ships, trying it twice with groups of different sizes, and once just with my wife.)

I totally agree with you about how limited the LPC menu seems to be, given what folks have reported about it. And yes, a hefty price tag. Hard to see how it survives. (But what do I know? :D )

We will certainly miss Qsine when we sail on the Silhouette next March! On our 4 previous cruises we had our 1st night of the cruise dinner there each time and was looking forward to continuing our tradition.

We have absolutely no interest in LPC as the limited menu doesn’t appeal to us at all. We will be staying in the PH, therefore dining there would be complimentary, but that still will not entice us to eat there. Guess we’ll give the Lawn Club Grill a try, our first time sailing on S-class.

First Bistro on 5, now Qsine ☹️

We will certainly miss Qsine when we sail on the Silhouette next March! On our 4 previous cruises we had our 1st night of the cruise dinner there each time and was looking forward to continuing our tradition.

We have absolutely no interest in LPC as the limited menu doesn’t appeal to us at all. We will be staying in the PH, therefore dining there would be complimentary, but that still will not entice us to eat there. Guess we’ll give the Lawn Club Grill a try, our first time sailing on S-class.

First Bistro on 5, now Qsine ☹️

Please do try the Lawn Club Grill, it's wonderful. Be careful not to fill up on the flatbreads! Leave room for the shrimp, steak, or whatever you might want to eat. And dessert. (Warm chocolate cookie with ice cream.)

I really miss Bistro on 5 as well. :(

Le Petit Chef seems firmly geared to first-time Celebrity cruisers. I’m not sure how many people will want to see it twice or more at that price, especially with the reports that the food is ok, but not stellar. After what I’ve read/seen, I’ll probably only try it if it’s offered for free for some reason. I wonder if they will get enough people who want to try it once to keep it going for long?

We really enjoyed Qsine. Hope that The Petit Chef is good, but I am not sure if the menu is as interesting. They changed Bistro on Five to Sushi on Five and if you don't like sushi- too bad. We no longer go to that restaurant. Have a feeling that we will save money and not dine in The Petit Chef either. Fortunately the Lawn Grill is our favorite restaurant and hopefully it will remain!

I was getting ready to book Qsine on the Silhouette for Jan sailing when I saw this - the reservation is advertised as Le Petit Chef at Qsine - what does that mean?  Has the Qsine menu changed?

8 hours ago, nednrom said:

I was getting ready to book Qsine on the Silhouette for Jan sailing when I saw this - the reservation is advertised as Le Petit Chef at Qsine - what does that mean?  Has the Qsine menu changed?

Scroll back thru this thread; Qsine is being replaced by Le Petit Chef.   So yes, it won't be Qsine. 

On our last cruise on Reflection, they were pushing 50% discount off the first night to Blu diners.  We did not do it as there is no better time to get to know our server on the first night. Our server said he could get great discounts on other nights at LPC as well but he was so darn good that we were not going to let him get out of serving us each evening.  He said servers who sell specialty dining to their guests get extra credits like getting off days or skipping assigned duties.

We dined once at Qsine on our 7 to 21 October 2018 cruise on Silhouette. All the fixed signage and uniforms still say Qsine. Menus and other papers also state Le Petit Chef. The ship's dailies state "Qsine - Le Petit Chef".

The older multiple food options of Qsine, selected via an iPad, have gone. The new fixed menu has four courses each preceded by an animation of "Le Petit Chef" creating the plate of food you are about to eat. For people who do not want the fixed menu there is an alternative for each course, although the animation does not change. We really enjoyed the meal and nearly went back, but there were too many other tempting food options.

3 hours ago, Chanbre said:

We dined once at Qsine on our 7 to 21 October 2018 cruise on Silhouette. All the fixed signage and uniforms still say Qsine. Menus and other papers also state Le Petit Chef. The ship's dailies state "Qsine - Le Petit Chef".

The older multiple food options of Qsine, selected via an iPad, have gone. The new fixed menu has four courses each preceded by an animation of "Le Petit Chef" creating the plate of food you are about to eat. For people who do not want the fixed menu there is an alternative for each course, although the animation does not change. We really enjoyed the meal and nearly went back, but there were too many other tempting food options.

The new gimmick sounds Disney cruise line- My DH has very specific food likes and dislikes- no seafood for example- no cheese another so a fixed type gimmicky menu wouldn't work.  Too bad- loved Qsine.