Drink package spreadsheet?

I know there are spreadsheets on Carnival and NCL boards on here but has anyone done one for RCL? It's where you enter in number of sea days, number of port days, cost you paid for drink package, and select what drinks you think you would have. It calculates if the packages are worth it.

I know there are spreadsheets on Carnival and NCL boards on here but has anyone done one for RCL? It's where you enter in number of sea days, number of port days, cost you paid for drink package, and select what drinks you think you would have. It calculates if the packages are worth it.

Here is link to what you are looking for:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=419858&d=1524136419

Be aware the prices in the spreadsheet are questionable. For example, a Stoli Sea Breeze is $11 on Anthem of the Seas, and that spreadsheet would like you to believe it's $8.00. Stoli Elit and Stoli were the same price. The "bottom shelf" vodka version of the Sea Breeze was $9. (A Sea Breeze is Vodka, Grapefruit and Cranberry, with a lime wedge.)

Prices can vary between ships, but usually not much more than $1 or so. Conversely, bottled water was $2.00 on the Anthem, not $2.25 as shown in the spreadsheet. Unless you wanted the Evian bottle, which is more (no idea what exactly, but more).

I just like to play out scenarios and stuff. I get the drink package regardless. Some others though might find the spreadsheets to be helpful. No need to be lame about it.

Don't take it personal. I have a personal spreadsheet I use as well for the drink package.

I'm a big spreadsheet person in general, though. I have spreadsheets I use for calculating my mortgage amortization, tracking my vacation budget, keeping my checkbook balanced, monitoring spending habits, etc. I'd consider all of things worth doing even though I need a spreadsheet to do so.

Someone once told me you can get a print out of all that's charged to your sea pass card throughout your cruise -maybe that could bring your 'curiosity' to a whole new level 'post' cruise?

I did it on my last cruise. My husband and I laughed at how much we drank and didn't realize it.

Be aware the prices in the spreadsheet are questionable. For example, a Stoli Sea Breeze is $11 on Anthem of the Seas, and that spreadsheet would like you to believe it's $8.00. Stoli Elit and Stoli were the same price. The "bottom shelf" vodka version of the Sea Breeze was $9. (A Sea Breeze is Vodka, Grapefruit and Cranberry, with a lime wedge.)

Prices can vary between ships, but usually not much more than $1 or so. Conversely, bottled water was $2.00 on the Anthem, not $2.25 as shown in the spreadsheet. Unless you wanted the Evian bottle, which is more (no idea what exactly, but more).

Agree. No set price on items, ships, and package prices different week to week, even day to day...

Someone once told me you can get a print out of all that's charged to your sea pass card throughout your cruise -maybe that could bring your 'curiosity' to a whole new level 'post' cruise?

Yeah, you always get a copy of your onboard invoice, but if you have the package it doesn't give you the actual price of the drinks, since your price was "free". Can be good to keep track though so when you are planning future cruises you can look and see how much you drink on average on port days/sea days.

The spreadsheet lists the Refreshment package as $26 pre-gratuity. Is that the onboard purchase price? I will be on Serenade and it is $18 on our cruise planner? Also, since no Freestyle machines on Serenade, is the soda fountain soda or cans? TIA.

The spreadsheet lists the Refreshment package as $26 pre-gratuity. Is that the onboard purchase price? I will be on Serenade and it is $18 on our cruise planner? Also, since no Freestyle machines on Serenade, is the soda fountain soda or cans? TIA.

Yes.

That's the pre-cruise sale price.

Most likely fountain.

Here's a nice one from the Princess board.

You can change the prices as needed, as its a few years old.

I like that it is broken into boozy (at sea) and less boozy (port) days.

Thanks! I hadn't seen this one before. (I have my own & others that had said to buy a Deluxe Pkg). I especially like the fun "verdicts". :cool:

I didn't change any of the prices (which I think are mostly low) and I filled it out ultra-conservative and it came back with "Nothing in it" which basically means break-even. To me that says definitely get it as 1) the prices are certainly not any lower and 2) it leaves room for "experimenting" - getting that drink or coffee I'm not sure about. :D

I'm obsessed with spreadsheets and enjoyed using this one to legitimately justify the cost of the drink package. :)

I'm obsessed too!! I have many cruise-related ones that I've found on the boards or created on my own. One of mine is "packing checklists" which includes different tabs for different occasions ex. Cruise, Cruise Excursion, Beach House, Beach (day trip), Miller Outdoor Theatre (in Houston), etc.

I'm obsessed too!! I have many cruise-related ones that I've found on the boards or created on my own. One of mine is "packing checklists" which includes different tabs for different occasions ex. Cruise, Cruise Excursion, Beach House, Beach (day trip), Miller Outdoor Theatre (in Houston), etc.

I love it. Have you done a Disney vacation? If not, I highly recommend it just for the planning spreadsheets alone. :D I also enjoy Evernote for organization and checklists.