Cruise Critic Community
bbtbear

My packing list. Would you add anything?

6 minutes ago, GottaKnowWhen said:

Enjoy! 

I was intrigued by your extensive list. I did have a few suggestions, but have not gone through the few hundred other replies so I am not sure if they would be redundant. E.g., mailing excess stuff along the way, Or stashing it in a hotel you’ll be back to, is a great way to maintain an adequate supply of Stuff without being overburdened. Use PDFs on your phone/tablet rather than paper.

i don’t know if you were talked out of you duct tape, but I will note that I was once traveling with a youth group, we were at the airport redistributing stuff to get a few heavy suitcases under weight limit, one suitcase latch broke, and Duct Tape came to the rescue. 

One other thing. Keep track. My wife is a list person. She travels with a small suitcase, even for a six-seven week trip. She keeps track of every thing that gets worn (or not), everything that gets washed how many times, etc. When we get home, she revises her list for next time, eliminating those things seldom used, occasionally adding things she missed.

Have a good trip!

Stan

Thanks so much, Stan! I am, indeed, shipping a box ahead to my New Orleans hotel that has my Mardi Gras costume and other items that I will only use in the land portion of the trip and don't need on the ship. I intend to repack that box after Mardi Gras and ship it back home before I get on the plane. Definitely helpful not to have to carry everything along onto the ship! I'll pay close attention to adjusting the list when I get home, as I have another cruise booked for August with my husband and daughter now! 

Thanks again for your kindness and help. Cheers!