Cabin 740 Odyssey

Lovinlifeva22

We finally got our room assigned to us and it's 740. I just looked and this seems to be right under the pool deck. I know people have complained about noise from deck chairs in the past. Can someone please let me know if we have anything to worry about? Also, are there iPod docks (for music) in these cabins. Last year, we were somehow miraculously upgraded to the spa suite (I know, hard to go back from that!!! :) LOL), and as glorious as the room was, it didn't have any speakers for music. Just wondering if we should pack our own portable speaker.

Can't wait! We leave on July 28th. Athens to Venice.

Thank you for your reply (and congrats on your upcoming wedding) :)

So, if I have the adaptor (which I do because the dock at my own house is the old one) should we be ok? I can't remember what happened last year but I think we were told they didn't have any speakers connected to the docking station. Maybe I should just pack a speaker just in case. It's always nice to get ready to some music and sip Champaign while getting ready for dinner.

Does anyone know about the noise in this cabin?

I've stayed in 744. I did notice deck noise. Scraping of chairs now and then but most of all on one cruise, Rock the Boat was like a herd of elephants above. I usually go to that event so normally wouldn't be disturbed by it.

The chair/table scraping couldn't be heard at all when I had the tv on and it certainly wasn't early morning or late at night. I suspect I only heard it when guests were moving their chairs. - crew are likely more quiet.

I should say that I'm very noise sensitive. I've seen comments here from others who've also stayed in 744/743 and they didn't notice any noise.