Cruise Critic Community
Keith1010

Crystal yacht expedition cruises to announce crystal endeavor’s itineraries july 31

Two weeks from today itineraries for the new Crystal Endeavor will be announced.

Keith

======================================================================

CRYSTAL YACHT EXPEDITION CRUISES TO ANNOUNCE CRYSTAL ENDEAVOR’S

ITINERARIES ON JULY 31, 2018

MIAMI, July 17, 2018 – Discerning adventurous travelers will soon be able to book journeys aboard Crystal Endeavor, the world’s most spacious luxury expedition yacht. The yacht’s inaugural season itineraries will be announced on July 31 and will be open for booking to Crystal Society members – Crystal’s loyalty program – on August 8 and to the public on August 22.

At 19,800 GRT with a PC6 designation, Crystal Endeavor will be the largest, most spacious purpose-built polar class expedition yacht in the world, accommodating just 200 guests and boasting all the luxurious amenities and special touches for which Crystal is known. The yacht will feature generous public spaces, a full-service spa & salon, six restaurants including Nobu Matsuhisa’s Umi Uma, expedition rooms and elegant suites that contrast beautifully with the rugged adventures beyond the vessel. Crystal Endeavor’s accommodations will feature private butler service for every suite and luxury touches including king-sized beds, walk-in closets, heated storage for drying parkas, and spa-like bathrooms with adjustable heated floors, dual vanities, anti-fog mirrors and rain-showerheads.

For more information and Crystal reservations, contact a travel professional, call 888.799.2437,or visit www.crystalcruises.com. Join the hundreds of thousands who subscribe to the Crystal Insiderblog, follow Crystal Cruises’ Facebook page and @crystalcruises on Twitter and Instagram, and engage in the conversation with #crystalcruises.

I can't wait to see the itineraries and the pricing, gulp!

+1. Endeavour sounds amazing

+1. Endeavour sounds amazing

Laughing that you spelled the name of the ship the "correct" way, but not the Crystal way!! :cool:

Patty

Haha - British 'spellcheck':)

When I send emails to my US friends, I have the same issue (flavour, colour, labour etc). Unless I remember to 'correct' spellcheck my laptop just does it for me. I had forgotten about the spelling of Endeavor.

I'ts sort of odd (but perhaps understandable, based on their previous PR mishaps), that there's no mentioning of when they expect the ship to start cruising.

I'ts sort of odd (but perhaps understandable, based on their previous PR mishaps), that there's no mentioning of when they expect the ship to start cruising.

In a briefing a few months ago where information was shared on Endeavor it was mentioned that it will debut in 2020.

On July 31 of this year we will get the specific dates.

Keith

I hope they provide indicative single supplement pricing so all us solo travelers don’t have to waste everyone’s time individually inquiring.

I hope they provide indicative single supplement pricing so all us solo travelers don’t have to waste everyone’s time individually inquiring.

I have been assuming that the single supplement will be high - at least 75% for the "cheapest" cabins. I have no idea why I think that, just do! :confused:

Patty

I have been assuming that the single supplement will be high - at least 75% for the "cheapest" cabins. I have no idea why I think that, just do! :confused:

Patty

I’ve been thinking 100%!

Received a two sided/folded brochure via snail mail. It shows the first sailing on August 10, 2020 which is R/T Tokyo followed by ten additional sailings in Asia and Australia/New Zealand. In January it sails between Australia and New Zealand via via Antarctica on two different voyages of 22 days each. Voyages range from 12 days to 22 days. It just lists the Crystal Society starting fares. Look forward to seeing the additional details tomorrow via the Crystal Cruises web site.

Edited by Keith1010

Received a two sided/folded brochure via snail mail. It shows the first sailing on August 10, 2010 which is R/T Tokyo followed by ten additional sailings in Asia and Australia/New Zealand. In January it sails between Australia and New Zealand via via Antarctica on two different voyages of 22 days each. Voyages range from 12 days to 22 days. It just lists the Crystal Society starting fares. Look forward to seeing the additional details tomorrow via the Crystal Cruises web site.

I assume you mean 2020, Keith?

I assume you mean 2020, Keith?

Thank you Henry.

I just edited the post.

Yes, they start with August 2020 and the brochure went through January 2021 with the last voyage ending in February.

Keith

It just lists the Crystal Society starting fares.

Very curious. Could you give us some sample starting fares for cruises of various lengths? Do they list port charges/taxes?

Thanks.

... In January it sails between Australia and New Zealand via via Antarctica on two different voyages of 22 days each....
Hi Keith. Do any of the Antarctic voyages include South Georgia?

12 day sailings begin at 12,430.00 per guest and the 22 day voyages begin at 31,394.00 per guest.

Fares do not include port charges/taxes etc

These would be for the Deluxe Suites which are 304 square feet. There are 7 categories of S Suites and they represent the majority of the guest rooms. From there there are four other categories ranging from 457 square feet all the way up to 1,290 square feet.

There are more crew than guests at 206 crew to a capacity of 200 guests.

Itineraries look very unique as they would include many places (not all but many) we have not visited.

They note an expedition team of 25 subject matter experts to host small group exploration.

Similar to the Northwest Passage they note that with the built in sea days there is flexibility in the schedule to provide the opportunity for unplanned expedition days. That was very special on NWP.

As previously noted the ship has a lot of bells and whistles. On the food side it includes Waterside, Prego, Silk, Umi Uma and even a Vintage Room.

Keith

Hi Keith. Do any of the Antarctic voyages include South Georgia?

Mighty Quinn...This is what is listed in terms of Antarctica.

Cape Adare, Cape Hallet and Roget, Terra Nova Bay, Ross Island, Cape Evens and Ross Island, McMurdo Sound, Marble Poin/Dry Valleys Region, Crossing the Ross Ice Shelf, Coulman Island, Possessions Islands. I hope this helps.

Keith

Thanks so much Keith. That helps a lot. Unfortunately it looks like Crystal won't be heading to South Georgia on the initial voyages of Endeavour.

Mighty Quinn...This is what is listed in terms of Antarctica.

Cape Adare, Cape Hallet and Roget, Terra Nova Bay, Ross Island, Cape Evens and Ross Island, McMurdo Sound, Marble Poin/Dry Valleys Region, Crossing the Ross Ice Shelf, Coulman Island, Possessions Islands. I hope this helps.

Keith

Isn't South Georgia south of South America? (Too many souths there!!). The trip on Endeavor is heading south from Australia/New Zealand.

Patty

P.S. And I still can't afford it!

Yes Patty, it looks like Endeavour will be sailing the Antarctic closer to NZ than South America. I don't think the places Keith mentioned are in South Georgia where typical landings include Grytviken, Salisbury Plain, Right Whale Bay and Cooper Bay. We went to Antarctica and South Georgia on an expedition ship operated by Society Expeditions way back in 1997 and have been waiting to do it again ... in luxury ... ever since. Hoping Crystal will have some future itineraries that include South Georgia.

Oh goodie!!! More cruise planning ahead!

Missed the original post, Keith, but sounds wonderful (price aside, of course, but probably worth it...) ;)

12 day sailings begin at 12,430.00 per guest and the 22 day voyages begin at 31,394.00 per guest.

Fares do not include port charges/taxes etc

Keith

Thanks very much, Keith. Those are (to me!) daunting fares, but not entirely surprising. I will await information on solo supplements.

I wonder if these fares include excursions or at least some excursions? We couldn't do a 22 day cruise but a 12 day one is on our bucket list for Glen's 50th. We were really hoping to do Antarctica and the fact that the Endeavor will be sailing there from close to home is a big plus for us. I wonder if some of the 12 day sailings are to Antarctica? I guess I will know soon enough - very exciting!

Shirin, the brochure lists 12 sailings with the last one 22 days starting, January 28, 2021.

The two that include Antarctica are 22 days.

As more itineraries are added it is very possible that you could have Antarctica with shorter voyages should Endeavor spend some time in South America.

I am thinking that some of the excursions will be included. Yes, we'll know soon.

Keith