Cruise Critic Community
Keith1010

Crystal yacht expedition cruises to announce crystal endeavor’s itineraries july 31

Just now, ClefsDor said:

Keith, that's what I was worried about. A shame I think as the two journeys appeal to totally different gene pool of passengers. IMO they can offer Antactica on both types of vessels. I hope that they change their mind on this or offer cruises on Endeavor that sail from South America and are shorter. To be quite honest the 5 seas days to get from Hobart to the next port of call on a smaller vessel such as the Endeavor might be a bit too long.

Shirin, this is me just speculating but I think we will also see shorter cruises of Antarctica either on Endeavor of after a second expedition yacht is launched.  Logic tells me it would be very appealing to those who can't take as many days to travel and/or sail at a price point that would be higher than a shorter itinerary.

Let's see what  the next set of itineraries look like as right now we have only seen the inaugural ones and the North East Passage and longer term what those itineraries look like.

Keith

For us it is a no go as we have been on very cold rough cruises.  Too many other places that we love to go back for land trips and some Crystal cruises.  Keep in mind Antarctica you cannot do this private as far as we know.  We like private unless we are traveling with close friends and we are on the same page as far as itinerary.

Also, medical evacuations can be a big issue in Antarctica and hopefully none will happen.  Weather down there changes very quickly and violently fierce winds can occur.  Do the research.  You take your chances for sure.

We know it's a no go for you as you said about NWP but remember that for others it is something they want to do 

and in the end the only opinion that matters is our own.

Medical evacuations are a big deal whether you sail on an Ocean Vessel or an Expedition ship and that is not isolated to Antarctica but to many places and itineraries around the world.

And no matter what ones age is, and their current health or past health situation there is always the chance that any of us will need to be evacuated.  

Speaking for myself, I would rather travel and do the things we want to do than sit at home in my house even though there might be greater risk being at sea.  

Keith

25 minutes ago, Keith1010 said:

We know it's a no go for you as you said about NWP but remember that for others it is something they want to do 

and in the end the only opinion that matters is our own.

Medical evacuations are a big deal whether you sail on an Ocean Vessel or an Expedition ship and that is not isolated to Antarctica but to many places and itineraries around the world.

And no matter what ones age is, and their current health or past health situation there is always the chance that any of us will need to be evacuated.  

Speaking for myself, I would rather travel and do the things we want to do than sit at home in my house even though there might be greater risk being at sea.  

Keith

We certainly can do a WC every year but our family who are aging is more important to us and we need to be within reach...plus my niece is expecting a new child which is being adopted. Family comes first for us always as it should be.

Just now, MalbecWine said:

We certainly can do a WC every year but our family who are aging is more important to us and we need to be within reach...plus my niece is expecting a new child which is being adopted. Family comes first for us always as it should be.

Not sure what this has to do with the points I addressed about Endeavor nor the subject matter of this thread in general.

DIdn't think that this thread was about a World Cruise nor about family.

Sorry, you mentioned your 80 cruises and did not realize we are getting close from multiple back to backs.  That’s all.  Now back to the Endeavor subject.  No poll on this new site.

Just now, MalbecWine said:

Sorry, you mentioned your 80 cruises and did not realize we are getting close from multiple back to backs.  That’s all.  Now back to the Endeavor subject.  No poll on this new site.

Never mentioned having 80 cruise booked on this thead.

I think you have your threads confused.  That was on the one about reviews.

As to polls they can be done on the "new" CC.

With that said the vast majority of those who will likely sail Endeavor are not those who are posters on CC so don't think a poll on CC would be representative of the vast majority of people who will/have booked Endeavor and that includes many people I know on this voyage and the prior ones we have sailed who have booked Endeavor.  Very few of the people we know who have booked are members of CC.

The inaugural voyages are filling fast. 

7 minutes ago, MalbecWine said:

80:past cruises you did mention on another thread.

This is becoming entertaining.

Yep, I said that already but as I said I didn't post that on this thread and it has nothing to do with sailing Endeavor. :classic_ohmy: