Zuiderdam Balcony Depth?

POA1

Does anyone know if certain decks have less deep verandahs on the Zuiderdam? I know that the Eurodam has less deep balconies on certain decks - 5 midship IIRC.

I realize this has probably been answered, but (a) I'm kinda lazy this morning, and (b) I think I have enough "answer credit" built up.

Thanks. We're booking for us and DW's dad. Since he knows about the shorter balconies on the Eurodam and Nieuw Amsterdam, we don't want him to feel cheated.

POA1. On the Vista ships the balcony cabins on Deck four towards the rear of the ship have 7 1/2 foot deep balconies. Choose one far enough aft to avoid the lifeboats down below on deck three.

Is that 1 1/2 feet deeper or thereabout?

Deck five aft verandahs are about 12 feet deep on all Vista-class, except the Noordam which is less.
Now I'm even more confused. Which deck would you recommend / avoid for balcony depth on the Vista class ships?

Now I'm even more confused. Which deck would you recommend / avoid for balcony depth on the Vista class ships?

Deck 5 aft stateroom on any Vista-class, is the best. You can relax with a cold beverage, snacks, shaded chair, and your own bathroom on your verandah to enjoy your cruise. Being fully covered and out of the wind, you can enjoy meals on your verandah while the ship is in motion.

FWIW all of my Panama Canal photos were taken from the comfort of my aft verandah.

Indeed the curtains must be kept close when near the equator as the sun will heat the furniture and overpower the A/C.

Deck 5 aft stateroom on any Vista-class, is the best. You can relax with a cold beverage, snacks, shaded chair, and your own bathroom on your verandah to enjoy your cruise. Being fully covered and out of the wind, you can enjoy meals on your verandah while the ship is in motion.

FWIW all of my Panama Canal photos were taken from the comfort of my aft verandah.

Indeed the curtains must be kept close when near the equator as the sun will heat the furniture and overpower the A/C.

Thanks! Sadly, aft is out of the question because a certain someone wants a cabana and they're forward. We'll probably go with midship and choose something close by for DFIL.

Thanks Crew News. This was helpful in that I was able to determine there is no shade on Deck 4 aft verandahs.

On Vista class ships, the deck 5 balconies in the mid-ship area are not very deep. If you look at the deck plans on a website of the same name, you will see the reason why. The mid-ship portion of the deck is narrower because of the lifeboat davits. HAL sells these mid-ship balconies as class VA, top of the line. But in reality, they are far from premium due to the less-deep balconies, and the big orange lifeboats immediately below. In deck 5 mid-ship balconies, when you stand at your balcony railing and look down, all you see is the tops of the lifeboats hanging on their davits below. It's OK if you are looking straight out to sea. But if you want to check out a school of dolphins or a band on the dock playing sail-away music, you won;t see anything except orange lifeboat tops.

If you want a nice balcony cabin, pick an aft cabin on any deck except deck 8, or a cabin aft of the mid-ship section.