Cruise Critic Community
BillOh

Next two weeks

Agree with your plan especially on today's news. Safe travels.

The disturbance heading toward Texas is still one to watch. 60% chance to become a named storm.

Now, I'm reconsidering how early to leave on Saturday to reach Valdosta before I'm too tired. I think its around 800 miles, leaving about 230 to go on Sunday.

BillOh not sure there is any better option among your choices! Soggy drive any way you go.

The disturbance in the Gulf has dropped back to 50% chance to form into a Tropical Storm. Still hoping it falls apart more before reaching the Texas coast.

Did you all notice a new named storm today? Tropical Storm Joyce formed way out in the Atlantic SW of the Azores. FOUR named storms in the Atlantic at the same time!??? Can anyone remember such a thing? Joyce is a possible threat to the Azores at Tropical Storm strength.

Thank goodness as Florence and Isaac fade we have a quiet period to enjoy... There is a low pressure over Bermuda now which is only rated to have a 10% chance to develop.

I’m getting close to Valdosta Georgia , glad we came this way. Sunny all the way.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Wed. 19 Sep. The Atlantic is finally nice and calm. Just these two unlikely lows out there. Let's stay this way!

two_atl_5d0.png

Kimberly ours is October 27 on Breakaway. What's yours?

Well the Atlantic gave is a short break but is getting warmer again. If you look above at the outlook map I posted a few days ago, it's updated now and shows 4 areas of interested. The red one is likely to develop but spin around harmlessly way out there. The yellow on isn't likely to do anything interesting.

It's the two orange ones I am concerned about. The one more west is weaker and less likely to have time to develop too much, and conditions will become less favorable. The one out east has time to develop... and needs to be watched.

There are FOUR in the Atlantic at this point.

Too early to tell how strong they may become and where they'll go ....

Kimberly ours is October 27 on Breakaway. What's yours?

Well the Atlantic gave is a short break but is getting warmer again. If you look above at the outlook map I posted a few days ago, it's updated now and shows 4 areas of interested. The red one is likely to develop but spin around harmlessly way out there. The yellow on isn't likely to do anything interesting.

It's the two orange ones I am concerned about. The one more west is weaker and less likely to have time to develop too much, and conditions will become less favorable. The one out east has time to develop... and needs to be watched.

Thank you. We are on Carnival Elation

I’ll be keeping up with this thread to see what’s happening

Watching this thread very closely. We are supposed to leave on the Norwegian Getaway out of Miami on October 7th and really hoping for good weather. Hopefully someone with more weather knowledge then me updates this thread as it appears the OP may be on a cruise of their own!

Back home! See you guys for Hurricane watch 19!

Great!

And don’t worry everyone, I will keep updating this thread for “prospects” ahead. So overnight one of the 4 warm spots got hot and we have Kirk. The other three are not a threat. The northeast one will stay out to sea, the northwest one is low probability to develop. The southwest one is now a depression but conditions are not favorable and they forecast it to fall Part before it can get a name.

But the fourth made it to tropical storm Kirk quickly and is likely to gradually intensify. We need to watch this one and I will start a thread for it.

Watching this thread very closely. We are supposed to leave on the Norwegian Getaway out of Miami on October 7th and really hoping for good weather. Hopefully someone with more weather knowledge then me updates this thread as it appears the OP may be on a cruise of their own!

PellicanBill does a phenomenal as a hurricane watcher. I've seen no one better. If you have a cruise coming up in the season check the Hurricane page and you won't go wrong.

Awww, shucks. Thanks.

Watching Kirk in a separate thread. Of the other 3 spots, nothing worries me. One has becone Tropical Storn Leslie and is in open waters and expected to go nowhere. Another disturbance behind it is nothing to worry about also.

Another spot off the Carolinas had an elevated prediction late yesterday but dropped back to low % chance to develop again this morning. The real issue here is more rain could be coming to the Carolinas. I don't see this becoming a serious threat but there is some time to go yet.

In the lower latitudes, aside from Kirk we have former depression 11 which has fallen apart and is considered remnants only now. Head over to the Kirk thread for more.

Kirk fell apart and won't be tracked as a tropical system now.

Leslie still harmless, as is the potential for another system behind it. Forecasters expect those two to merge and continue to be no threat to land.

The disturbance off the coast has a 40% chance to get organized over 5 days so we'll be watching that one.

Remnants of Kirk have a 60% chance to reform, so still watching. If it does it will be no worse than Isaac was crossing the islands.

Leslie has fallen apart and although there is a chance for reforming in that area still no threat to land.

The system off the Carolinas has a 50% chance to form but forecast path has a definite curve that glances the outer banks so I don't think it will have inland rain and add to flooding. Let's hope it does recurve as shown and heads out to sea with little impact.

Although Leslie is likely to reform it's still not a threat.

The disturbance now off North Carolina is less likely than before to create any serious system. It should move off with little effect now.

Kirk, however... hop over to that thread.

Leslie is still out there, doing nothing other than making interesting forecast patterns. No threat. Kirk discussion on another thread. Nothing else interesting.

Leslie expected to reform and circle without any threat to land. Kirk in the other thread. Nothing else to watch (good!)

11pm EST Friday: Kirk is gone. Leslie is doing a solo dance way out east of Bermuda and will bump into nothing for days. Reminds me of the one drunk woman dancing for an hour at the last country music festival I went to.

11pm EST Friday: Kirk is gone. Leslie is doing a solo dance way out east of Bermuda and will bump into nothing for days. Reminds me of the one drunk woman dancing for an hour at the last country music festival I went to.

:'):'):')