Come Sail Away With Us…LIVE from the MSC Seaside (Yacht Club) …July 21-28, 2018

Lovetocruise2002

This review was certainly outstanding.

I'm not as gifted as Lovetocruise2002 for scoping etc. but I'm willing to try. We will be on Preziosa, YC, from 25 August to 1st September. We will be happy to sniff around the ship to get information you may be interested in.

I'd love to watch your scopes! Lovetocruise2002 & I belong to the same periscoper group. We're not allowed to promote other groups here, but she mentions the group often on her scopes. If you let the admin of the group know you're scoping, she will add you to the list and others will be able to find you easily. Using the same hashtag she used will help us find you to, if you don't put your name on the list of August scopers.

Thank you. But I cannot take credit for the blog and scopes. I have a good mentor. He knows who he is [emoji6]

I am glad you enjoyed following!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Many of us know who he is, but much like "Hubby", we don't know his real name!:D Actually, if I am not mistaken, you blew it in one post way back when and I think I know Hubby's name (but I won't bet on it).:D

Mentor or not, you did a fantastic job. Also very happy you got home safely.

Many of us know who he is, but much like "Hubby", we don't know his real name!:D Actually, if I am not mistaken, you blew it in one post way back when and I think I know Hubby's name (but I won't bet on it).:D

Mentor or not, you did a fantastic job. Also very happy you got home safely.

No way! I don't think I slipped! But you know how to contact me and I will confirm your guess [emoji12]

Mark -- looking forward to your review -- booked MSC YC Seaside for March 2019 and Aug 2019 -- hoping to get some helpful tips!

Ps. Let me know if we can ask questions....

When you going in March? We sail 3/23.

I mostly just lurked and enjoyed the posts on this thread but I wanted to delurk to thank you for taking the time to post your reviews, comments, and 'scopes. You've piqued my enthusiasm for my first YC cruise but sadly I'll have to wait until November 2019 before that happens.

Thanks again for sharing your week with us.

I mostly just lurked and enjoyed the posts on this thread but I wanted to delurk to thank you for taking the time to post your reviews, comments, and 'scopes. You've piqued my enthusiasm for my first YC cruise but sadly I'll have to wait until November 2019 before that happens.

Thanks again for sharing your week with us.

Thank you for following along! Glad you enjoyed it [emoji4]

Thank you again for taking the time each day from your vacation to update us with pictures and Periscopes. Really enjoyed those. We're even more excited than ever now for our turn in the Yacht Club in January.

You mentioned in a few of your scopes that MSC isn't the Royal experience. We've mostly sailed with RC, and since 2014, exclusively in suites. We've enjoyed our cruises with RC, but always felt like something was missing with their suite class. Maybe it was the smaller, crowded concierge lounges that turned us off. Our best RC suite experience was on the Harmony transatlantic in 2016, with the larger suite lounge and Coastal Kitchen, but we didn't love that ship. We were in a GS for that cruise, so we've never experienced having a genie, but for 2 people, that's a lot of money. The sun deck area on Harmony doesn't look nearly as nice as the one on Seaside.

Just curious what you felt was missing with MSC. Were you talking about how it felt outside of the YC? (I've had that feeling before sailing with Carnival, then going back to RC. Stepping onto the ship you have an AHHHHH moment, and feel like you're home.) Do you think you'd do YC again?

Thank you again for taking the time each day from your vacation to update us with pictures and Periscopes. Really enjoyed those. We're even more excited than ever now for our turn in the Yacht Club in January.

You mentioned in a few of your scopes that MSC isn't the Royal experience. We've mostly sailed with RC, and since 2014, exclusively in suites. We've enjoyed our cruises with RC, but always felt like something was missing with their suite class. Maybe it was the smaller, crowded concierge lounges that turned us off. Our best RC suite experience was on the Harmony transatlantic in 2016, with the larger suite lounge and Coastal Kitchen, but we didn't love that ship. We were in a GS for that cruise, so we've never experienced having a genie, but for 2 people, that's a lot of money. The sun deck area on Harmony doesn't look nearly as nice as the one on Seaside.

Just curious what you felt was missing with MSC. Were you talking about how it felt outside of the YC? (I've had that feeling before sailing with Carnival, then going back to RC. Stepping onto the ship you have an AHHHHH moment, and feel like you're home.) Do you think you'd do YC again?

Yes Jules, that is exactly it. RCI cannot compare with the YC, except Coastal Kitchen. But outside of that, when you look at the overall package, I prefer RCI. Would I sail YC again? Most definitely! Is it a better value than RCI? Also a definite yes. But sometimes there are other factors to consider too and that is where Royal has some edge, all IMO. And keep in mind that when I compare to Royal, it is the OA class ships that I am comparing to.

Yes Jules, that is exactly it. RCI cannot compare with the YC, except Coastal Kitchen. But outside of that, when you look at the overall package, I prefer RCI. Would I sail YC again? Most definitely! Is it a better value than RCI? Also a definite yes. But sometimes there are other factors to consider too and that is where Royal has some edge, all IMO. And keep in mind that when I compare to Royal, it is the OA class ships that I am comparing to.

Enjoy your cruise on Mariner. So many fond memories of sailing on that ship when our girls were younger. Captain Johnny and Becky. :) We did it 4 years in a row, even following her to California when she was sailing the Mexican Riviera. I would LOVE to see scopes of her now.

Thanks again for the great review.

Julie

Can someone please help me understand what "scope" is...I clicked on the links but it said something went wrong...not your error try later?

Scope stands for Periscope, which is an app that is available on Apple and Android devices. Those who do not have the app, can view the scopes through a computer. That is why I attached all the links. For those not on Periscope.

I am not sure why you are having trouble viewing it. I did click on a few of them and they seem to work fine for me. My daughter, who followed my blog through the week, also used the links to watch all the scopes, as she does not have the app.

My only other suggestion is to download the app on your device (it's free) and search for "LoveToCruise2002". From there you will be able to see a list of all the broadcasts by me, and watch it from there. I have not deleted any of them so they should be there. Or try clearing cookies and cache on your computer before clicking on the links and see if that helps.

It's most definitely not an English speaking cruise line - Papperdelle in Duck sauce - sounds like pasta in chinese duck sauce.

Items may not be fully cooked - means might be rare/medium/notwelldone

Glad you had a good time! Safe flight home!

"chinese duck sauce" - you mean the sauce served with roast duck? that's plum sauce! haha.

We still haven't cruised Royal Caribbean and I'm a bit hesitant to try which sounds crazy... somehow it feels like I should at some point try to build up some loyalty on one line or another. Anyway, I really appreciate the thoughts about comparing DCL to MSC. Next year we will be on DCL for a transatlantic and I really wanted to book DCL for the Med too, but instead we are doing the MSC Seaview. Just compared prices now.... DCL concierge is literally 3x the price of our YC room on the Seaview. Even if my kids hate the kids club on MSC [they do love it on DCL] I couldn't justify that price. Thanks again for sharing, Sabrina!

"chinese duck sauce" - you mean the sauce served with roast duck? that's plum sauce! haha.

It could be the orange-color duck sauce (in small plastic pouch) from the Chinese take-out places in the US.

We still haven't cruised Royal Caribbean and I'm a bit hesitant to try which sounds crazy... somehow it feels like I should at some point try to build up some loyalty on one line or another. Anyway, I really appreciate the thoughts about comparing DCL to MSC. Next year we will be on DCL for a transatlantic and I really wanted to book DCL for the Med too, but instead we are doing the MSC Seaview. Just compared prices now.... DCL concierge is literally 3x the price of our YC room on the Seaview. Even if my kids hate the kids club on MSC [they do love it on DCL] I couldn't justify that price. Thanks again for sharing, Sabrina!

Now that my kids are older (10/12), I cannot, in any way, justify the cost of a Disney cruise. Even the last one we took in December we felt that we have outgrown that cruise line and that our money goes further elsewhere.

Now that my kids are older (10/12), I cannot, in any way, justify the cost of a Disney cruise. Even the last one we took in December we felt that we have outgrown that cruise line and that our money goes further elsewhere.

I agree about money going further elsewhere. Mine will be 10, 7 and 6 on the next one and I do feel like b/c of my 10yo we may be aging out of it.

Scope stands for Periscope, which is an app that is available on Apple and Android devices. Those who do not have the app, can view the scopes through a computer. That is why I attached all the links. For those not on Periscope.

I am not sure why you are having trouble viewing it. I did click on a few of them and they seem to work fine for me. My daughter, who followed my blog through the week, also used the links to watch all the scopes, as she does not have the app.

My only other suggestion is to download the app on your device (it's free) and search for "LoveToCruise2002". From there you will be able to see a list of all the broadcasts by me, and watch it from there. I have not deleted any of them so they should be there. Or try clearing cookies and cache on your computer before clicking on the links and see if that helps.

I found your forum a few days ago. I was not on your rollcall. My wife and I have done the YC on Divina. Our experience was so awesome. We go on Seaside YC this December. Your livecast was awesome. I read almost every post. I enjoyed it a lot. Thanks for sacrificing your time for others enjoyment. I will now download the periscope app. Blessings to you.

I found your forum a few days ago. I was not on your rollcall. My wife and I have done the YC on Divina. Our experience was so awesome. We go on Seaside YC this December. Your livecast was awesome. I read almost every post. I enjoyed it a lot. Thanks for sacrificing your time for others enjoyment. I will now download the periscope app. Blessings to you.

Honestly, I throughly enjoyed every part of it. It's not a sacrifice at all. If I wasn't blogging or scoping, I would have my nose in a book. I'm glad you enjoyed it. Thank you for your kind words [emoji4]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 1 month later...
They do not sell passes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There are 2 ways to get in and you must use your key card or bracelet . They are also very good at remembering who is the YC that week.

Love your review going for my 2nd YC Seaside on the 29th. When I was on in March, they did indeed sell passes, not many, it was not crowded but I did meet a solo woman who bought a pass for 3 days. How, where, etc no idea.

Love your review going for my 2nd YC Seaside on the 29th. When I was on in March, they did indeed sell passes, not many, it was not crowded but I did meet a solo woman who bought a pass for 3 days. How, where, etc no idea.

THAT SUCKS! Why are we paying all this money only to have others come in on day passes to use the exclusive space of the YC? More people = less per-person space, peace and quiet....you get the idea.