Where's My Cabin?

vtcruising

9 minutes ago, hcat said:

I agree with VT about the bump out not being a big issue for you, hopefully.

We were going to be on Deck 10..2nd cabins away from a bump out.  I contacted X after seeing the cabin next to the bump out  marked as "Obstructed View" . They said ours would not be obstructed,  We moved anyhow but we were 2 away not 4...big diff,

I  believe that EDGE cabin selection will be very tricky going forward, more so than it has been for M and S class.,.,,

Thanks hcat, I appreciate your input.  I would definitely be more concerned if we were one or two away, but I'm hoping four will not be much of an issue.  Hopefully as others report back after being on the ship we'll have a better idea.  For now I think much of my concern has waned.

9 hours ago, vtcruising said:

That's a tough one. Being adventurous, I chose one with a window (and chose an aft one because of possible wind through that window, though I think there is glass in them now). I canceled that cruise because I am going on two other pre-preview cruises, but will hopefully see some S3's on my cruises in Nov. 

If I had to choose, I would not be on the 12th deck because of the overhang when the MC is on 14, which I think could be a lot of the day (when I would be out on my balcony). The picture below shows the shadow on 12, though 11 looks okay. If it were me, I would go with the end one so that you will have a view toward the forward part of the ship (otherwise, because of the balconies being recessed several feet, there will just be a view straight forward).

I agree that the stateroom will likely have a connecting door and that would be my only hesitation. It should be a double door (one on each side) and hopefully they will have good soundproof doors. It's luck of the draw, just like adjacent balconies - sometimes you get a noisy neighbor. If it were me, I would take the chance, since I have rarely had an issue with connecting cabin noise, but you would have to weight the pros and cons.

My guess is that my first cruise on the Edge in a suite will be less about the suite itself, and more about exploring the ship and enjoying the suite areas. If I had an S3, I would check the dailies for a schedule of MC movement and grab a drink, sit on my balcony and enjoy the show. :classic_smile:

Thanks.  I have asked my TA to switch us to 11160.  

BTW if anyone ever tells you that you are OCD, tell them there is at least one person in the world who is so, so grateful!  Your attention to detail through this drip-drip reveal has been a big help to me!  [And, full disclosure, I may be OCD but I prefer to call it CDO: that keeps it in alphabetical order!]

5 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Thanks.  I have asked my TA to switch us to 11160.  

BTW if anyone ever tells you that you are OCD, tell them there is at least one person in the world who is so, so grateful!  Your attention to detail through this drip-drip reveal has been a big help to me!  [And, full disclosure, I may be OCD but I prefer to call it CDO: that keeps it in alphabetical order!]

I hope that 11160 turns out to be a wonderful suite. Those of us on the early cruises have had to go by our gut feelings and Lloyd's pictures when choosing staterooms. I'm sure we will be wrong in some cases, but the adventure of being on the Edge in her early days will hopefully outweigh any inconveniences.

Love the CDO comment - I just might have to use that one! :classic_smile:

Without Vt and Lloyd, most of us would be completely in the dark about our cabins, other than the deck plans which were not fully released. Really has been a game changer to have their assistance and insights!!  

Once people get on board the VT speadsheet will be a huge help as well!

Edited by hcat

6 hours ago, Summertimescallingme said:

Thank you VT this is great!  We are on the Jan 6 sailing and can’t wait.   If you have a chance to plot our cabin, we’re in 8143.

I will work on it when I get home tonight. Jan 6th is coming right up! You must be excited! :classic_smile:

1 hour ago, hcat said:

Without Vt and Lloyd, most of us would be completely in the dark about our cabins, other than the deck plans which were not fully released. Really has been a game changer to have their assistance and insights!!  

Once people get on board the VT speadsheet will be a huge help as well!

I have an appt with my programmer son next Saturday to finish the draft for the cabin spreadsheet sticky. I will then post it so we can do the finishing touches.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, vtcruising said:

I hope that 11160 turns out to be a wonderful suite. Those of us on the early cruises have had to go by our gut feelings and Lloyd's pictures when choosing staterooms. I'm sure we will be wrong in some cases, but the adventure of being on the Edge in her early days will hopefully outweigh any inconveniences.

Love the CDO comment - I just might have to use that one! :classic_smile:

Got the email this morning:  we are switched to 11160.  Thanks VT!

We are in 12127 in late Feb - I'm also trying to figure out what is above that stateroom or if there are other considerations I should be aware of. From what I can tell on the deck plans, the room is under the solarium pool and general pool wall area - I think the pool bar is in that area as well. We generally do decks between cabin decks, so pondering moving down a deck or two because of potential motion and noise. Thanks!

Edited by ckck
clarifying

19 hours ago, Summertimescallingme said:

Thank you VT this is great!  We are on the Jan 6 sailing and can’t wait.   If you have a chance to plot our cabin, we’re in 8143.

Here it is. It looks like a nice unobstructed view. You are close to the forward stairs and elevators and about half way between the dining and entertainment decks (3-5) and the Resort deck (14). It looks like a good location!  You don't have long to wait to enjoy your infinite veranda! :classic_smile:

image.thumb.png.259e8a01042d1479208f0db888e1e954.png

6 hours ago, ckck said:

We are in 12127 in late Feb - I'm also trying to figure out what is above that stateroom or if there are other considerations I should be aware of. From what I can tell on the deck plans, the room is under the solarium pool and general pool wall area - I think the pool bar is in that area as well. We generally do decks between cabin decks, so pondering moving down a deck or two because of potential motion and noise. Thanks!

ckck, you have a nice high location and likely a nice view. If you like shade, there is an overhang from the pool deck above. It will be very convenient to run up to the pool, the bar, the solarium, Mast Grill, Ocean View Cafe, etc. I circled on the deck plan approximately what section of deck 14 is right above you. It looks like there could be some deck chairs there and some people on other ships talk about hearing chairs scraping as they are moved when they are under the pool deck and some talk about pool deck noise when on balcony. That seems like a possible downside, but you would need to balance the pros and cons of that location.

Maybe others here will give you more feedback about being under the pool deck. We were under a quiet corner of the solarium last year on the Reflection and heard occasional chair scraping, but the noise didn't bother us because it was so infrequent. I don't think the motion of the ship seemed any more than normal. We enjoyed the location as we were close to the spa, solarium, etc.

You must be excited to try an infinite veranda! :classic_smile:

image.thumb.png.1738e97a6d5d098ea873edc687e68b4f.png

image.png.bb16be81c889ce64f2da916098acace7.png

11 hours ago, vtcruising said:

ckck, you have a nice high location and likely a nice view. If you like shade, there is an overhang from the pool deck above. It will be very convenient to run up to the pool, the bar, the solarium, Mast Grill, Ocean View Cafe, etc. I circled on the deck plan approximately what section of deck 14 is right above you. It looks like there could be some deck chairs there and some people on other ships talk about hearing chairs scraping as they are moved when they are under the pool deck and some talk about pool deck noise when on balcony. That seems like a possible downside, but you would need to balance the pros and cons of that location.

Maybe others here will give you more feedback about being under the pool deck. We were under a quiet corner of the solarium last year on the Reflection and heard occasional chair scraping, but the noise didn't bother us because it was so infrequent. I don't think the motion of the ship seemed any more than normal. We enjoyed the location as we were close to the spa, solarium, etc.

You must be excited to try an infinite veranda! :classic_smile:

image.thumb.png.1738e97a6d5d098ea873edc687e68b4f.png

image.png.bb16be81c889ce64f2da916098acace7.png

This looks not bad compared to being under the bar with moving stools, supply carts.  Not sure where Solarium  to pool doors open and close, and folks walk thru

Worst would be under Solarium  cafe/ kitchen  but that is not hearby..

Edited by hcat

Thanks, VT. I appreciate the input. I think we are going to keep that cabin as there are no obstructions, we are fine with the shade, and overall the location is pretty convenient. I think being so close or even under that dividing wall will make it less noisy. Given the design around the Solarium Pool, I think we are not directly under the pool deck chairs, but rather just under the Solarium. We will see how it plays out and I will report back!

9 hours ago, ckck said:

Thanks, VT. I appreciate the input. I think we are going to keep that cabin as there are no obstructions, we are fine with the shade, and overall the location is pretty convenient. I think being so close or even under that dividing wall will make it less noisy. Given the design around the Solarium Pool, I think we are not directly under the pool deck chairs, but rather just under the Solarium. We will see how it plays out and I will report back!

Sounds good!  It certainly is convenient! Yes, please let us know about your location. :classic_smile:

On 7/21/2018 at 9:57 AM, vtcruising said:

If anyone wants to add his/her cabin to the ship pictures in the first post, please post your cabin number here and I will update the pictures with the new cabins added every few days, as needed. It is fun to see where everyone will be located (and can refer back when the reviews start to come in).

We’re in 10139– thanks so much! 

Hi,

Looking into  a Sky Suite on the Edge and I don't see a difference in balcony size between a S2 and S1.  According to the information sheet for the Edge, the S1 is suppose to be larger.  When I look at the cabins on the hump on deck 10, S2 10200-10214, and deck 11 (S1 11196-11210) they look identical in size. I just don't see the difference....

Thanks.

Edge1.jpg.1cfbf7ff4e29933bc142a6b6651b46ea.jpg

Edge.jpg.0f1a834357929939ed46f435d384dd0d.jpg

Edge.jpg

Edge1.jpg

Edited by lourdest
Duplicate Image