Lisbon Hotels & restaurants

dabear

We are planning a cruise that departs from Lisbon. We would like to stay in a 4* or 5 * hotel centrally located or near the port. Any recommendations? Also any recommended restaurants ? Thanks

We are in Lisbon this winter and i hope you get some responses. We booked the Corinthia Hotel Lisbon based on comments made on the Regent board. A couple stayed there prior to getting on a cruise and they had favorable things to say about it. I am open to changing if you get some glowing recommendations for other hotels. It would also be nice to hear about restaurant recommendations. Good luck.

Consider Aveneida De Libertade area. Lots' of choices from top (marques de pombal circle) to bottom (Rossio Sq) and there is metro train running below it - lots of restaurants on either side. Lot of folks also like the Alfama district for small B&B/smaller hotels and the feel of the area. For restaurants check out Bairro Alto and Principe Real areas and Cais de Sodre district near River. Look for Time Out Food Hall in the CDS area - upscale multi vendor - some of the top restauranteurs have set up stalls there - worth checking out days and go to their other spots at night. Hotels are sparse right near the two main cruise passenger terminals. Central Lisbon will be very easy to get around by foot, with public transport and taxis.

• 11 months later...
On 7/26/2018 at 6:39 AM, dabear said:

we've made a reservation at the Hotel Avenida Palace. It is an elegant old classic hotel in the old town at a very good location.

Hi dabear!  It's been a year since your last post.  Did you stay at the Avenida Palace?  If so, would you please share your impressions of the hotel and it's location.  I'll be in Lisbon in June 2020.

Thank you!

~Nancy

I’m torn between staying in Chiado at Flora Chiado apartments or Santiago de Alfama in  the Alfama area.  Any comments regarding pros and cons of the areas or the lodging?

Also, we usually stay at Four Seasons but is the location in Lisbon a good one regarding walkability to sites, dining and nightlife?  Sometimes they have very posh locations that aren’t necessarily close to fun things to walk to.

Edited by Gourmet Gal
Incomplete

• 1 month later...
On 7/15/2019 at 3:02 AM, oakridger said:

Hi dabear!  It's been a year since your last post.  Did you stay at the Avenida Palace?  If so, would you please share your impressions of the hotel and it's location.  I'll be in Lisbon in June 2020.

Thank you!

~Nancy

Chiming in...we stayed at Avenida Palace in April and it was amazing! Returning to Lisbon this coming weekend and staying there again. The most amazing accommodations and  service! Highly recommend. 

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing your experience at The Avenida Palace Krissy!  It's always good to hear from the Cruise Critic community to reassure me that I have made a good choice.  I'm really looking forward to my brief time in Portugal. Only 9 1/2 months to wait!

~Nancy