Confrontation

Les Picantins

First of all, thanks to all with kind words to say. To clarify a few things, as I mentioned before, this situation pushed us to choose between 2 itineraries already in debate and it was the LAST straw.

The fact you are, for the first time, not getting a future cruise deposit means you are stating clearly you will never cruise with Seabourn again over the incident which strikes me as something of an over reaction to one rogue employee amongst hundreds on board.

The deposit is fully refundable and affords you a price reduction on top of anything you might glean from elsewhere so might this be a case of cutting your nose off to spite your face?

Seabourn don't care if you give them more money next time after you've calmed down :)

This whole "paid a lot of money to be here" attitude is one I struggle with on Seabourn. Cheap or expensive are relative terms but for what it's worth I think Seabourn offers quite good value for money in general terms on the world stage particularly when compared to land based establishments, more bespoke water based offerings such as a private charter or cruises when compared to the size of your on board real estate.

I genuinely wish you happy times on Crystal.

Henry :)

How does this future cruise deposit work? Is it only for US passengers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not just for US passengers.

You pay it onboard either for a specific future cruise or as an "open" booking if you aren't ready to book a specific cruise at that time. It is then valid for 3 years, if you don't use it in that time you can claim it back.

Your usual TA is still able to handle the reservation for you.

The open voucher also affords you a 5% discount on top of anything the travel agent may offer. It comes off the top line before anything else is applied.

It really is a no brainer and as mentioned if you don't use it you can have your money back :)

And if you're as disorganised as I am, and you forget that you still have one unused future cruise deposit, you get a welcome surprise when it's deducted from your booking fare as I found out recently.:o

Pavovsky, future cruise discount is arranged through the Cruise Consultant on board. SB will send you a note about this at some point during the cruise. The consultant does get very busy so best not to wait until the last minute.

And if you're as disorganised as I am, and you forget that you still have one unused future cruise deposit, you get a welcome surprise when it's deducted from your booking fare as I found out recently.:o

Pavovsky, future cruise discount is arranged through the Cruise Consultant on board. SB will send you a note about this at some point during the cruise. The consultant does get very busy so best not to wait until the last minute.

Isklaar that is smart advice to organise the deposit sooner rather then later. I spoke to the consultant early on Day 2 of our cruise as I knew we had none left. I am glad I did as I noticed soon after that she was constantly busy and had people waiting to get to see her.

Isklaar that is smart advice to organise the deposit sooner rather then later. I spoke to the consultant early on Day 2 of our cruise as I knew we had none left. I am glad I did as I noticed soon after that she was constantly busy and had people waiting to get to see her.

I learned the hard way!

Every SB cruise we have been on you will get a form delivered to your suite a few days before disembarking, and can fill this in and just hand it to the Consultant or quietly put it on their desk - usually not a problem, even if they have someone long-winded they are talking to. You will then get a note back from them confirming, before you disembark. This is assuming you do not wish to talk to them about particular cruises.

Vis a vis the confrontation, I did think straightaway that these were two personalities who were not going to get on, as the passenger may be a touch easy to rile, but that member of staff has been criticised by others as having an attitude. Still seems a shame if the passengers give up on Seabourn because of one unsuitable member of staff, though.

Pretty sure the Future Cruise Deposit is good for 4 years. My sister just had hers refunded exactly 4 years after her last cruise. She called to attempt to have it reinstated, but was unsuccessful.

wow floris - thanks for posting that. i agree - the one thing i really don't like about SB - is the way some people make a sport out of finding fault with the crew - and then get some perverse satisfaction from feeling superior and reporting it. (that's right up there with someone sitting down near you and immediately telling you how many homes they have- snnnoorrre!!). i personally am humbled that these young people in the crew leave their homes and families and come to live in a small box, work 12 hours a day 7 days a week and manage to almost always make me smile!! i'm gonna have to side with hugo!! ;)

This comment does not describe me at all. I invite you to go to page 8 of this forum and read the thread I started six months ago titled "Crew and Service."

The fact you are, for the first time, not getting a future cruise deposit means you are stating clearly you will never cruise with Seabourn again over the incident which strikes me as something of an over reaction to one rogue employee amongst hundreds on board.

The deposit is fully refundable and affords you a price reduction on top of anything you might glean from elsewhere so might this be a case of cutting your nose off to spite your face?

Seabourn don't care if you give them more money next time after you've calmed down :)

This whole "paid a lot of money to be here" attitude is one I struggle with on Seabourn. Cheap or expensive are relative terms but for what it's worth I think Seabourn offers quite good value for money in general terms on the world stage particularly when compared to land based establishments, more bespoke water based offerings such as a private charter or cruises when compared to the size of your on board real estate.

You must have misinterpreted my post. Please read my recent review of Encore titled "Out of Synch".

The open voucher also affords you a 5% discount on top of anything the travel agent may offer. It comes off the top line before anything else is applied.

It really is a no brainer and as mentioned if you don't use it you can have your money back :)

Exactly Henry in fact you've got four years to get over one rude member of staff before they give you your money back.

That's what I call a deal [emoji1]

Sent from my SM-G955F using Forums mobile app

I believe the future cruise deposit is good for four years--and refundable if not used or at any time. We also had a form delivered to our suite. No need to stand in line to see the consultant about the deposit--unless you want to discuss a specific cruise.

Pretty sure the Future Cruise Deposit is good for 4 years. My sister just had hers refunded exactly 4 years after her last cruise. She called to attempt to have it reinstated, but was unsuccessful.

It is. When I typed 3 that was a slip of the finger and should have been 4.

I like Seabourn and I am very happy with my 14 cruises on their ships.

So when I hear that someone is unhappy and they are going to migrate to another line I think "hooray, that should help keep prices down".

I personally find it amazing that so much time has been spent writing about this incident. I am a tried and true Seabourn sailor and I would never let anything like this spoil my cruise or cause me to switch cruise lines. Was this waiter rude, yes, was it worth all this time and effort talking about it? NO. Life is too short. May this be the worst thing the OP ever experiences.

I personally find it amazing that so much time has been spent writing about this incident. I am a tried and true Seabourn sailor and I would never let anything like this spoil my cruise or cause me to switch cruise lines. Was this waiter rude, yes, was it worth all this time and effort talking about it? NO. Life is too short. May this be the worst thing the OP ever experiences.

I also find it amazing this thread is continuing. But in defence of Les Picantins, she had decided to let it go on Page 2 until some people brought it up again recently and started lecturing her further. By the way I can vouch for the fact that L P is generous with her praise and kindness to the crew. I saw lots of please, thank you and smiles for the crew from her when she interacted with them. And lots of crew who knew her and her husband from previous cruises who made sure they came over to say hello.

So can we ALL just let it go, the cruise is over, there are more important things to worry about.

Julie

If nothing else, Julie, it has reminded me, and I hope others, to take time out after an upsetting event before putting a complaint in writing - I am inclined to get cross and upset if anyone is rude or unkind, but it gets put into perspective after a day or two.

Well said Henry

We were on the same Cruise and ate at TK several times. Hugo took our order each time, we found him helpful and sometimes amusing. Tim and Bruno were good too.

I guess we just enjoy being aboard Encore, looking forward to sailing on the Ovation in November

CJ

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Agreed! On a med cruise and had reasonable service at the TK. Nothing out of the ordinary. Sommelier was friendly as were the waitstaff. Especially as we were a walk in!

We did get asked to vacate the table after a few hours and have drinks on the house. We saw the irony in that and gladly complied.

I think we ALL need to be on a Seabourn cruise!

We are. Fantastic ship. Best stateroom we have been in. Seriously comfy bed. Very very low key entrance to the ship. Very few kids on board which we had been fearing based on reactions here.

Unfortunately the food and service in the restaurant venues we have been to has been very underwhelming. Napa burger had way too much salt in the meat mix - drinks service was mediocre (quicker to go to the bar), after impressive starters the main course in the restaurant was dreadful - dry and over cooked. The cheese was practically frozen and service was rushed. Neither offered or provided with bread and consistently had to request water. Hoping that it will improve.

0e358c2fdde0840836d4d747ef2970bc.jpg

2b1545d1f5328c777f0e519a9227161e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Pavovsky