Does NCL provide invitations to the Meet & Greet

Staci0615

I am in charge of our sailings M&G. i reached out to my contact but as of now still have not had a response. I need to know if I should pick up invitations to leave on the cabin doors or if NCL provides.

Sailing on the Jewel- any insight will be appreciated

Thank you in advance

Stacie

I believe they do list it in the daily activity bulletin.

You can always post it on the roll call.

I set up a separate Yahoo e-mail account and design an invitation for anyone who is registered there.

I'm too lazy to run all over a big ship delivering invitations.

I appreciate what NCL does do providing a venue, refreshments and officers.

I set up a separate Yahoo e-mail account and design an invitation for anyone who is registered there.

If they do, it must be something new.......Platinum Plus on NCL and never, ever saw any CRUISE CRITIC activities of any kind listed in the Free Style Daily.

Thank you for the responses. I do have an email set up and I posted the time and venue in our Roll Call. I just think an invitation is a nice touch so I will comprise my own. I don’t mind running around the ship on the first day. It helps me learn the ship

They do not post it in the daily bulletin because it is a private meeting. Otherwise, the entire ship would show up. The problem with invitations is that it's a big ship and many times guests change rooms after boarding with upgrades, etc. So, the cabin you are putting the invitation on, may no longer belong to the cruise critic members. You can post it on the bulletin board in the lobby and let everyone know on here.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Forums mobile app

I am in charge of our sailings M&G. i reached out to my contact but as of now still have not had a response. I need to know if I should pick up invitations to leave on the cabin doors or if NCL provides.

Thank you in advance

Stacie

NCL doesn't get involved with that side of the M&G. If you have cabin numbers for all of your attendees, you could do invitations yourself, but it's a chore. I think for one M&G I had names and cabin numbers and took my invites to guest services and asked if they could deliver them for me, but that was a long time ago and I am not sure it's a service they'd do now. Maybe?

But so many roll call members don't use their real names or are reluctant to give their cabin number (or it could have changed by sailing date) it is really best to make sure you've got everything communicated prior to sailing (and cross your fingers NCL doesn't change the location at the last minute!).

An invitation IS nice and a good way to remind folks they have committed to attend the M&G, but it will be up to you.

Not sure where you're looking but I've always, well almost always (don't want to jinx it) seen it posted in the Freestyle Daily. I'm Platinum if anyone cares.

And I don't understand all the hostility either... it's hot here too. Chill. ;)

No they do NOT post Cruise Critic activities on the Free Style Daily.

When I did it years ago, I posted on our roll call, the day/time. I was contacted by NCL when I got into my room and they had me create the name tags. I literally took my homework to dinner, as we had a rather large group, but many didn't even show up:(. They also treated me to daily snacks and an invite to Cagneys for lunch/breakfast, which surprised me, as I had a cheap inside cabin.

I think inviting people onboard would be a good idea - but as others have said, it's quite a bit of work - both gathering information here beforehand (which is difficult since CC doesn't have private messages), and then doing the walking around the ship. It might help turnout, which for our Christmas cruises has been 50% or less.

The issue with the M&G is that everyone says they will attend, but people forget or get distracted the day of the event.

I would recheck on your Roll Call a week or so before the sailing to get a last headcount and if it has gone up or down significantly, let the ship know, in case they want to move the event. Then, update the Roll Call.

Just be prepared for low turnout.

I arranged two on the Jewel at the end of last year and am happy to share some thoughts with you if you email me at casofilia @ xtra dot co dot nz with no gaps.

In general M&G is a private meeting and is treated as such with no advert for the reason quoted.

Thank you in advance

Stacie

NCL does not provide invitations, and they do not list it in the Freestyle Daily. You need to let your group know to watch the roll call for a post about when at where. Usually it is the first sea day at 10:00 a.m. in one of the bars or specialty restaurants.

Ncl doesn’t do invitations, I did this on the last one I coordinated and it was a frustrating, time consuming exercise on embarkation day. My suggestion to keep talking it up in the roll call, figure on half of the people that signed up to actually show up. They do provide write on name tags, refreshments, and officers to give a brief presentation. All the ones I’ve gone to have been at 11am on the first sea day. Sometimes the coordinator gets a few perks and sometimes not, I wouldn’t count on it. I do it because I’ve attended several and figure it’s my turn.

Edited by aajusa
Incomplete

When I've been the M&G organizer, I've taken the list of folks who signed up and listed their cabin number with me aboard. The evening before (usually while hubby is dressing for dinner) I sit at the phone and call each stateroom. Typically I get their voice mail and just leave a short reminder message of time and place and a "hope you're still coming. Typically doesn't take more than 5-10 minutes and more than once I've been thanked later, "I had forgotten all about it in the firs day excitement".

When I've been the M&G organizer, I've taken the list of folks who signed up and listed their cabin number with me aboard. The evening before (usually while hubby is dressing for dinner) I sit at the phone and call each stateroom. Typically I get their voice mail and just leave a short reminder message of time and place and a "hope you're still coming. Typically doesn't take more than 5-10 minutes and more than once I've been thanked later, "I had forgotten all about it in the firs day excitement".
Great idea!

I arranged two on the Jewel at the end of last year and am happy to share some thoughts with you if you email me at casofilia @ xtra dot co dot nz with no gaps.

In general M&G is a private meeting and is treated as such with no advert for the reason quoted.

Greetings --

I am not the OP - but will be e-mailing you shortly seeking those same thoughts. I am hosting my first M&M in September on the Jewel.

Thanks -- Von

NCL is really generous about giving perks to those that set up the meet and greets, which is awesome.

I wish they would end this practice, and have voiced this opinion to Hotel Directors along the way. I’ve seen the ugly side of this several times.

I wish they would end this practice, and have voiced this opinion to Hotel Directors along the way. I’ve seen the ugly side of this several times.

I have been to some M&Gs where they were really poorly "organized" or not "organized" at all; I now think that all the organizer was in it for was the perks. I did two recently without knowing anything about getting perks. I did get some simple perks but nothing that would convince me to do one again just for the perks. I do enjoy doing them in a way that people are on their feet and doing what I believe is the real use of a Meet & Greet.

I emailed you, hope you dont mind sharing some wisdom :)

I heard that NCL did indeed end the perks for coordinating the M&G. I wonder if anyone who has done a M&G in the past 6 months can confirm whether they received the VIP perks?

I have always printed out invitations and delivered them to cabins the night before. Even the folks with the best of intentions forget about the M&G, and even a phone call the night before can easily be forgotten by the next day. It does not bother me at all if a few passengers have changed cabins at the last minute. Maybe the new people in their cabin who receive their invite will decide to attend as well.