I sailed on the NCL Getaway the end of June when the crew member went overboard and we returned to Miami late on Sunday. We really received no help on board other than to wait almost two hours in line to get a phone line to contact the airlines. Guest Services said the home office knew of the situation and they would be in contact and doing something. I have emailed them and have yet to hear back. When I called back the Customer Service number I was told NCL was doing nothing to help customers who had any additional expenses getting home or missed their connections even if made by NCL. Has anyone heard of them doing anything to compensate customers with additional expenses?

That's what it is for isn't it? We never cruise without it. Just for the emergency evacuation coverage if nothing else. Don't want to be stuck with $25,000+ bill if something were to happen requiring evacuation back to states. It should cover missed connections and additional airline fees due to late return to port. At least that is my understanding. You should certainly file a claim with them.