Kids Club Staff to Child Ratio

We are thinking about taking our son on a cruise next summer. He will be 8 years old a the time of the cruise. We are considering the Carnival Magic and the Carnival Glory (if we don't go on the MSC ship). One question that we haven't been able to get answered is the ratio of counselor to child on these ships. I have called Carnival directly and spent 30 minutes on the phone with them. In the end they couldn't/wouldn't provide me this information.

If you have taken children on Carnival ships can you let me know what the ratio of counselors to children was/is in the kids club?

I have noticed two people each time we registered our grandchildren on three different ships. Sunshine was a mad house full of kids. Not saying that more staff cant be added though. Our GK's decided not to go.

They cannot answer because it varies widely by date and ship you sail. We home school, so when we go in January, there are usually 2 staff and MAYBE 8 kids was the most I saw. But in summer, over Thanksgiving or Christmas breaks, my guess is they staff more people, but there are also loads more kids. When we did a Disney cruise over Spring Break when my kids were still in traditional school, there were probably 80 kids and maybe 6 staff.