Cruise Critic Community
Hawaii_Flyer

Is headliners comedy club gone on breakaway?

I was just booking shows for upcoming Thanksgiving cruise on the Breakaway and I noticed there were no comedy shows listed. That is when I learned that second city is gone. Lost their contract.

If you look at the “what’s on board”. There is no mention of a comedy club. And if you look at the deck plans for deck 7. In the map shows the headliners comedy club, but under the listing of public rooms there is nothing.

So has anyone been on board recently or knows what we can expect.

I’m going to be disappointed if there is no comedy shows on board. But I wont miss second city! They had become very predictable and repetitive

Thanks

Headliners is normally not available for pre-book (hasn’t been for a while). The Levity group is booked on other ships.

When you went on the cruise last year, were there comedy shows, or were they gone?

They still have comedy shows almost every night of the cruise.  Most nights have a second show more R rated later.  And the comedy shows are still in headliners.

We are looking forward to a comedy club show at least once on our Oct Breakaway cruise but am glad 2nd City is gone. We had seen it twice in Vegas and about 3 or 4 times on NCL cruses. then we saw it on the Breakaway a few years ago It is the first time I think I was ever tempted to walk out of a show. I didn't, I just couldn't be that rude, but what a waste of an hour or so. It was worse than awful. 

On 7/28/2018 at 9:45 AM, Hawaii_Flyer said:

I was just booking shows for upcoming Thanksgiving cruise on the Breakaway and I noticed there were no comedy shows listed. That is when I learned that second city is gone. Lost their contract.

If you look at the “what’s on board”. There is no mention of a comedy club. And if you look at the deck plans for deck 7. In the map shows the headliners comedy club, but under the listing of public rooms there is nothing.

I’m going to be disappointed if there is no comedy shows on board. But I wont miss second city! They had become very predictable and repetitive

Thanks

Headliners is on deck 6, across from LeBistro.

In December, they still had comedy shows there.  I don't know when you last onboard, but Second City has been replaced by stand up comedy.  It alternates nights with Howl at the Moon.  You can not make reservations until you are onboard.

On 7/28/2018 at 9:45 AM, Hawaii_Flyer said:

Thanks

Hi, just wondering if you were able to see the comedy shows on your trip? Did they have them almost every night?  And did you have to reserve in advance? 

2 hours ago, VPMJ said:

Hi, just wondering if you were able to see the comedy shows on your trip? Did they have them almost every night?  And did you have to reserve in advance? 

Comedy shows are offered in the Headliners Comedy Club. As soon as you embark, go to the Box Office located in the starboard entrance to the Breakaway Theater, Deck 7 Forward. They will have a complete list of shows and the comedy shows sell out very fast (small venue). Early shows are family oriented. Late shows are 18+. 

This is a recent example from the Escape. The Breakaway is similar. The Comedy club has Howl at the Moon on some nights and comedy shows on other nights. 

357BA4EA-6519-42E8-9623-AD51F02CB51F.jpeg

DECD670B-BC57-44FA-8166-2CF92A0D6AD6.jpeg

8 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Comedy shows are offered in the Headliners Comedy Club. As soon as you embark, go to the Box Office located in the starboard entrance to the Breakaway Theater, Deck 7 Forward. They will have a complete list of shows and the comedy shows sell out very fast (small venue). Early shows are family oriented. Late shows are 18+. 

This is a recent example from the Escape. The Breakaway is similar. The Comedy club has Howl at the Moon on some nights and comedy shows on other nights. 

Thanks, wish the early show was 18 and over as well. I understand but us oldsters don't stay up late but still like some adult comedy. Darn!! When we saw second City a few years ago, there were no kids in the audience anyway. 

Thanks for this information.  I will try to book ASAP once onboard.  We were on Breakaway this past January and were able to get into a few of the shows as walk-ins, but I'd really like to have it set.  I just remember a really long line forming in the 45 minutes to an hour before the show.  Don't think we will be standing in that, but nice to know we will get in.

11 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Thank you....this gives me an idea of what to expect.